What's new
The Front Row Forums

Register a free account today to become a member of the world's largest Rugby League discussion forum! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Every finals match so far ruined!

Was Walker Offside

• Yes

Votes: 11 61.1%
  • No

Votes: 2 11.1%
  • Too close to call, stay with on-field decision

Votes: 5 27.8%

• Total voters

butchmcdick

Immortal
Sorry, can I just confirm that you are saying that you are certain that Walker was 4-6 inches in front of Green? 4-6 inches. Basically you pull your phone out of your pocket, place it on the ground, and that's how far in front he was. You are certain that he was 4-6 inches in front even though they were 15-20m apart on the field. The length of a mobile phone is definitive enough to overturn a live onfield decision of try.

I've heard that sport can be a game of inches, but that's just taking it to ridiculous levels.

It's those extra inches that make all the difference

Raiderdave

First Grade
It did not come out of the hands forward. The way Scott passed the ball there is no way it came out forward. It then hit the Eels player and went up in the air. It's a clear try.

Radradras try was a forward pass, but everyone only seems to care about the JAC try

your eyes are stuck on then
it clearly did lol

GongPanther

Referee
Sorry, can I just confirm that you are saying that you are certain that Walker was 4-6 inches in front of Green? 4-6 inches. Basically you pull your phone out of your pocket, place it on the ground, and that's how far in front he was. You are certain that he was 4-6 inches in front even though they were 15-20m apart on the field. The length of a mobile phone is definitive enough to overturn a live onfield decision of try.

I've heard that sport can be a game of inches, but that's just taking it to ridiculous levels.
His foot was past that line of the kicker. Around the length of ones foot,which is around 6 inches,maybe more.But we wouldn't want to be pedantic about it,especally after the first replay from the bunker clearly showed that the ruling was 100% correct.

Last edited:

Timmah

LeagueUnlimited News Editor
Staff member
Are people still using that ridiculous red-line image of the Walker offside call as if it's in any way scientific? LOL

mave

Coach
Are people still using that ridiculous red-line image of the Walker offside call as if it's in any way scientific? LOL

Out of interest , what are the Bunker using to determine if a player is definitavely offside by a few inches ?

Timmah

Staff member
Out of interest , what are the Bunker using to determine if a player is definitavely offside by a few inches ?
I can't answer that, but I can guarantee you it's not an awfully horrid red line on a grainy lo-res image.

For what it's worth it confuses me that they can rule on offsides but not forward passes. Seems illogical.

GongPanther

Referee
I'll adjust what I said earlier,at the time of this game there was no line used to judge whether Walker was offside or not.

But it was clear where Walker was placed that he was certainly in an offside position.

Flout with the rules,and you'll get burned.

Bloody hell,I'm getting flumoxed with all this bullshit.This is the last time I'm posting about it.I'm done.

Canard

Immortal
For what it's worth it confuses me that they can rule on offsides but not forward passes. Seems illogical.

Because a ball can travel in a forward direction and still be legal. So no amount of superimposed lines will help with that scenario.

Timmah

Staff member
Because a ball can travel in a forward direction and still be legal. So no amount of superimposed lines will help with that scenario.
Given they don't appear to currently exist on the coverage (if you recall, Fox dumped the idea without a peep earlier this season) I don't think they help with offside either?

Rabbits20

Immortal
I did mean that the North Queensland Cowboys defeated the Cronulla Sharks by Fifteen points to Fourteen.

But you thought I meant both sides got done by the refs.Ahh,I sawed what you meant.
Enjoy your trip to Brisbane.......

Expect tough calls....

GongPanther

Referee
Enjoy your trip to Brisbane.......

Expect tough calls....

I'll be in L.A.,business meeting and mostly tying up some loose ends with some manufacturing conformations.Then to Toyko,H.K.,then back to Sydney to finalise sone contract negotiations. If I knew we were playing in Brisbane a few months ago,I might have been able to stretch these meetings a week later,lol!,but business is business,and time is money.:)