What's new
The Front Row Forums

Register a free account today to become a member of the world's largest Rugby League discussion forum! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

everyone please do this/regarding Origin 2 and Channel 9

Stormwarning[c]

Juniors
The NRL Grand Final in melbourne was slightly delayed. So considering people could watch a movie instead shows you have no idea.

On the your grand final being on a Saturday afternoon, are you saying that it should be moved? I remember in 99 that over 500,000 watched the AFL grand final in Sydney, so a decline in numbers iss't to good for your sponsors :) :lol:

Next you'll be saying that the law isn't fair for not allowing an convicted (AFL PLAYER) drug trafficer for being allowed out to see his kid play a an AFL game.

On the Friday nights rating, have a think of why both the games (NRL and AFL) are just called FRIDAY NIGHT FOOTBALL.......It's so Nine can win the ratings every Friday night. Nine do what they want, when they want. period.

Then if they don't one someone else to beat them in the ratings they buy the program or sport and then don't show it till late. Just ask all the F1 fans for the past 5 years

Moffo

Referee
Rex said:
well they didnt win the Premiership, they were given it. And no-one appreciates something they got for nothing.

Geez your biases get in way of your logic sometimes Rex. Take the blinkers off

El Diablo

Post Whore
Beaussie said:
The official broadcaster did give SOO a chance in prime time. However, it was a ratings disaster. Perhaps when the Storm can prove they have more than 6,000 - 8,000 core supporters, then and only then SOO may be given another chance in primetime. Until then it seems obvious that Victorians don't care much for RL, particularly a game involving NSW and QLD.

I have already posted figures that prove you wrong, idiot.

nicko18

Juniors
El Duque said:
Beaussie said:
I think the last time it was shown live in Vic was 26 jun 2002??

It got 253k viewers then. Hardly a disaster if that was prime time in Vic.
channel 9 would be shattered at 253k prime time in Melbourne. That sort of figure probably would have come last and is a far cry from what they normally get for CSI Miami, which rates 500k+ on its ear.

You need to address your concerns to the NRL, because they can put some clause in the tv contract, but as it stands there is no way Ch9 would shaft its regular wednesday night programming in Melbourne for figures like that.

El Diablo

Post Whore
nicko18 said:
El Duque said:
Beaussie said:
I think the last time it was shown live in Vic was 26 jun 2002??

It got 253k viewers then. Hardly a disaster if that was prime time in Vic.
channel 9 would be shattered at 253k prime time in Melbourne. That sort of figure probably would have come last and is a far cry from what they normally get for CSI Miami, which rates 500k+ on its ear.

Wake up sunshine. CSI wasn't in existence two years ago.

Back to Big Footy.

zulu

Juniors
Beaussie said:
Now I ask you the question, have you got a source for that 253k figure El Duque?

As for your next comment, it sounds like the typical conspiracy theories about the treatment of RL in Victoria. Why can't you accept the fact that the majority of Victorians don't like RL. .

Why can't you accept the fact that the majority New South Welshmen couldn't give a f**k about Pussy Rules?

El Diablo

Post Whore
nicko18 said:
tissue? It is now, and would outrate 253k quite easily.

Dopey, you were agreeing with your AFL counterpart, Bearthur, that the last SOO in Melbourne was a ratings disaster.

Back to Big Footy.

nicko18

Juniors
El Duque said:
nicko18 said:

Dopey, you were agreeing with your AFL counterpart, Bearthur, that the last SOO in Melbourne was a ratings disaster.

Back to Big Footy.
You are showing your true colours if you think 253k is some sort of compelling reason to televise prime time again. It is not channel 9 you should be complaining to, but of course you seem to be blinded and write everything off as me being an AFL counterpart of bearthur.

Nice to see you take an active interest in bigfooty though :lol:

El Diablo

Post Whore
nicko18 said:
El Duque said:
nicko18 said:

Back to Big Footy.
You are showing your true colours if you think 253k is some sort of compelling reason to televise prime time again. It is not channel 9 you should be complaining to, but of course you seem to be blinded and write everything off as me being an AFL counterpart of bearthur.

Nice to see you take an active interest in bigfooty though :lol:

I would of never heard of you had it not been for Bearthur.

Oh and if it's not 9 who people should complain to, then who is it????

Also, how many people watch repeats of CSI Miami???

Moffo

Referee
Nicko, are you more of an AFL or NRL fan? I've never come across your work before

And answer my question, or i won't reply

Cheers,
Moffo

Beaussie

First Grade
Cheers Nicko I've been trying to tell this lot for a while now that the last SOO TV figures in Melbourne were an absolute disaster. Thanks for the support. ;-)

El Diablo

Post Whore
Beaussie said:
Cheers Nicko I've been trying to tell this lot for a while now that the last SOO TV figures in Melbourne were an absolute disaster. Thanks for the support. ;-)

Which they weren't. Nicko has nfi what was even on in 2002 :roll:

Do you and nicko share the same brain cell?

El Diablo

Post Whore
Moffo said:
Nicko, are you more of an AFL or NRL fan? I've never come across your work before

And answer my question, or i won't reply

Cheers,
Moffo

Doesn't he have a few thousand posts on an AFL site?

I think that answers the question.

Beaussie

First Grade
El Duque said:
Beaussie said:

235k is a ratings disaster no matter how you try and twist it. Just ask Channel 9 Melbourne why SOO was pushed back to 11pm. :lol:

El Diablo

Post Whore
Beaussie said:
El Duque said:
Beaussie said:

235k is a ratings disaster no matter how you try and twist it. Just ask Channel 9 Melbourne why SOO was pushed back to 11pm. :lol:

What did the other shows t was up against rate???