What's new
The Front Row Forums

Register a free account today to become a member of the world's largest Rugby League discussion forum! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

everyone please do this/regarding Origin 2 and Channel 9

El Diablo

Post Whore
Oh, and what did the usual wednesday timeslot on 9 rate?

You say it was a disaster. Prove it.

greeneyed

First Grade
Beaussie said:
Just out of interest, why would Victorians be interested in a RL game between NSW and QLD?

The last time SOO was shown in prime time in Victoria it was a ratings disaster. Channel 9 is a business not a charity.

And just out of interest, why should anyone in NSW be interested in the South Melbourne AFL team?

yakstorm

First Grade
Beaussie said:
235k is a ratings disaster no matter how you try and twist it. Just ask Channel 9 Melbourne why SOO was pushed back to 11pm. :lol:

Struth the AFL is a failed product isn't it then in NSW and Queensland with most games televised on both Nine and Ten struggling to beat the 200K mark with the exception of those with the Swans and Lions (in their respective cities) with most of those games just getting over 300K.

In answer to your question BeAussie as to why a game that has had alright ratings in Victoria be pushed back to 11pm, well the answer is cause of politics. It isn't a conspiracy, it was some strategical and political moves by Nine, caused by incidences between it and the AFL, as well as it and the NRL.

Surandy

Bench
Beaussie and facts? :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol:

Did anyone in Melbourne hear Dermie on SEN when he found out that the AFL Footy Show on Thursday night did not win it's timeslot? :clap:

Beaussie

First Grade
yakstorm said:
Beaussie said:
In answer to your question BeAussie as to why a game that has had alright ratings in Victoria be pushed back to 11pm, well the answer is cause of politics. It isn't a conspiracy, it was some strategical and political moves by Nine, caused by incidences between it and the AFL, as well as it and the NRL.

Can to explain yourself further there, or are those comments just dribble posted as fact?

You'd know all about dribble posing as facts bearthur...

According to you, 2UE is "our" Rugby League network, Brisbane v Collingwood outrates SOO and you have a "very reliable source" that claims the NRL Footy Show is being canned....

Beaussie said:
The recent Brisbane v Collingwood game got record TV ratings this year and last. Ratings that match anything SOO can attract.

Beaussie said:
2UE your RL network. As if their word can be taken seriously. As I said, I have it from a very reliable source at Channel 9 that the NRL Footy Show will not be returning in 2005. Guess we'll just have to wait and see.

Yakstorm is a respected poster here, you are an idiot.

yakstorm

First Grade
Beaussie said:
Can to explain yourself further there, or are those comments just dribble posted as fact?

Haha mate, I don't post dribble as fact. Lets just say with my current position I have a lot of contact with the involved parties, and I see the politics going on first hand.

I mean lets put forward one of the most obvious components of the politics. Channel 9 had to do a lot to prove to the AFL that it would give it respectable coverage. There was a lot of fear that the organisation, especially with the heads of it being strong league fans, that AFL may not get the level of coverage or promotion that Channel 7 guarenteed it.

Channel 9 in exchange also for a pretty significant amount of cash, has done a number of things to ensure its has kept a happy relationship with the AFL including not televising finals, showing most matches a late time slots and not showing Origin live.

Now you may ask why do the NRL let this happen? Simple at the time the current Television contract was signed Channel 9 held the upper hand cause Channel 10 was bankrupt and Channel 7 had brought in an administrator cause of its financial woes. In no part of the deal did it say Channel 9 must show a certain amount of league in the states outside of NSW and Queensland. A mistake by the then ARL? Maybe but it was understandable why such a stance was taken at the time. Channel 9 was also reasonable with the coverage until it started chasing the AFL deal.

As for your claim that the NRL Footy Show wont exist in 2005, I think your mate is having you on, considering Channel 9 just signed an extension sponsorship deal for the show with Hyundai and Mars Confenctionary.

ali

Bench
Just off this debate for a second, it was interesting to read in the Andrew Voss interview that when they need feedback, the first place they look is internet forums. :shock:

ps, what about the mention of Hadley in that interview. Yet another instance proving what a wanker Ray is.

Beaussie

First Grade
Complain all you like about SOO not being broadcast in prime time in Melbourne. Channel 9, after viewing the ratings for SOO 1 this year will surely just laugh at your complaints. SOO was another ratings disaster in Melbourne in 2004:

In 2003 SOO attracted 176,771

http://www.oztam.com.au/downloads/pdfs/archived/top20/top20_8june2003.pdf

In 2004 only 70,437 bothered to tune in.

http://www.oztam.com.au/downloads/pdfs/latest/e_20040523.pdf

In total a massive 106,334 drop in viewer numbers. :lol:

Dani

Immortal
that might have something to do with the fact that it was put on and hour earlier last year

El Diablo

Post Whore
StormGurlDani said:
that might have something to do with the fact that it was put on and hour earlier last year

Don't let the truth get in the way of a good story.

the SoO 1 was the highest rating show in it's timeslot for years!! Quoted in Neil Mitchell Show on 3aw when the TV guys said that quote!!!

Keep Digging beaussie because the hole is getting bigger