What's new
The Front Row Forums

Register a free account today to become a member of the world's largest Rugby League discussion forum! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Everything is pointing towards a premiership 2018

Love the positivity fellas!

Think we’re right up there this year and I’ll be pretty disappointed if we don’t make at least a prelim final. From there, anything can happen.

Said it elsewhere, Souths and Melb have much more firepower and will be tough to beat in big games.

I take comfort we’ve beaten both already this year however.
I think you're on the right track.
The teams that are contenders in order of favouritism in my view are
1. Melbourne - whether we like it or not, they look very hard to beat and are building at the right time of the year again. Coach Bellamy
2. Easts - tough defensive outfit who are capable of grinding out tough wins. Next round match up with Melbourne sill tell us a lot. Coach Robinson
3. St. George - front runners all year. Can we sustain that intensity at the same time as others are improving? Coach McGregor.
4. Penrith - play an enterprising brand of football and, in my view, have the best halves combination in the comp and are getting lots of players back from injury at the right time. Coach Griffin
5. Warriors - Living up to their potential for once. Johnson stays fit, they are a big chance. Coach Kearney
6. Cronulla - Outsiders missing Maloney big time but still capable of going on a run in the finals. Coach Flanagan.
7. Broncos - I for one am not prepared to write off Brisbane by any stretch. They have a number of match winners in his line up. Coach Bennett.
8. Canberra - Roughie but completely different proposition with Hodgson in the team. The way they cleaned up the Tigers in the second half was scary. Coach Stuart.

My assessment is that there are a number of teams improving and peaking at the right end of the season.
We either match them and improve as well, or perish..

Frank Facer

First Grade
I think you're on the right track.
The teams that are contenders in order of favouritism in my view are
1. Melbourne - whether we like it or not, they look very hard to beat and are building at the right time of the year again. Coach Bellamy
2. Easts - tough defensive outfit who are capable of grinding out tough wins. Next round match up with Melbourne sill tell us a lot. Coach Robinson
3. St. George - front runners all year. Can we sustain that intensity at the same time as others are improving? Coach McGregor.
4. Penrith - play an enterprising brand of football and, in my view, have the best halves combination in the comp and are getting lots of players back from injury at the right time. Coach Griffin
5. Warriors - Living up to their potential for once. Johnson stays fit, they are a big chance. Coach Kearney
6. Cronulla - Outsiders missing Maloney big time but still capable of going on a run in the finals. Coach Flanagan.
7. Broncos - I for one am not prepared to write off Brisbane by any stretch. They have a number of match winners in his line up. Coach Bennett.
8. Canberra - Roughie but completely different proposition with Hodgson in the team. The way they cleaned up the Tigers in the second half was scary. Coach Stuart.

My assessment is that there are a number of teams improving and peaking at the right end of the season.
We either match them and improve as well, or perish..
You forgot the team that I think are the ones to beat, Souths. Melbourne have the toughest run into the finals of any of the top 8 clubs and will be lucky to finish top 4.

You forgot the team that I think are the ones to beat, Souths. Melbourne have the toughest run into the finals of any of the top 8 clubs and will be lucky to finish top 4.
So who are you suggesting FF?
Sometimes a tough run into the finals gets them ready for the knockout phase more than anything.
I think Souths, Melbourne and Easts are on the up and we have stagnated.
Very curious to see how it plays out and whether we can adapt to the dynamics.
Sure hope so.

Gareth67

First Grade

Frank , that may very well be the case but , they are the type of games that Melbourne thrive upon . Bellamy will ask for more from his players knowing that they will step up that extra bit , to win the tough games . They shall be in the top 4 , as will Souths - as sure as the sun rises in the east . Cannot see Canberra being there neither .

Last edited:

slippery5

Juniors
Actually you're right but the most important addition is Farah at Hooker.
That's where they get killed when the first string hooker goes off.
God I forgot, I new they had some additions that made me think about them & it is the dummy half roll that they have been getting smacked in, with someone that can pass the ball & hit them on the chest will be a big asset.

Crush

Coach
NRL 360, the guys all picked who were their picks to win the comp now that we are getting into the back end of the comp.
Penrith
Rabbits
Sharks
None of them had the Dragons.
But then again before a ball was kicked none of them had us top 8......

The Damo

Juniors
NRL 360, the guys all picked who were their picks to win the comp now that we are getting into the back end of the comp.
Penrith
Rabbits
Sharks
None of them had the Dragons.
But then again before a ball was kicked none of them had us top 8......
Well when one of their experts is that sweaty mess rothfield the stupid becomes contagious.

Saint_JimmyG

First Grade
If asked at the beginning of the season, if finishing in the top 4 on the ladder was considered a success, I think that everyone would have said it was a success. Many fans on this forum and many of the so called experts all had us missing the top 8. I had us 4th pick, if we blooded a couple of youngsters in the backline and they and Dufty were success stories. Things have to be put into perspective. Right now we are exceeding mine and most others expectations. Who else would have picked us to be outright leaders of the comp after round 15?

We have also had 4 players selected for origin and another 18th man and then we have had 3 players selected for the England NZ test. That gives us 7 rep players this year. At the beginning of the season, we were only expected to have 3 rep players in our team.

Keep practicing that reverse, reverse psychology. lol

A very detailed reply, which unfortunately, whether by design or otherwise doesn't satisfactorily the crux of my original question.

That is, would you consider making the top four THEN crashing out in 'straight sets' success or failure.

In short, you have offered a politician's answer: big on substance, little in detail.

ouryears

Bench
Thanks Buzzfan1. You share his thin skin, are you also constantly sweaty and red nosed? Wear brothel creepers? That plus a propeller beanie and the picture is complete.
Tonight's game says it all.
Keep your dumb opinions about winning premierships to yourself and crush. Out of your depth.

Worrying about buzz only shows your D...head side.

The Damo

Juniors
Keep your dumb opinions about winning premierships to yourself and crush. Out of your depth.

Hahahahahahahahahahahahahahahajanahahahahahahahahahahahahahajanahahananahahaha. Deep breath...
HahahahahanahahahahahahahahahajanhahahahaHahahahahahahahahahahahahahahajanahha

Sorry to disappoint you Buzzfan1,We Won!

Crush

Coach

Hahahahahahahahahahahahajajajajahahahahahahahagahahahahajahahagagahagahahah, you didn't see that win coming did you Penrith!!!?
You must be spewing!!!!!!
Ahh, good times.