Ex dogs/warriors steve price

Discussion in 'St George Illawarra Dragons' started by mighty v, Jan 8, 2018.

1. tevoro

tevoro Bench

Nah.... he was only a Warrior for the last few years of his career. Didnt work out too well there.
    :p:p:p

dragonssamy61 and hazzbeen like this.
  2. hazzbeen

hazzbeen Juniors

CHEEKY !

red rocket likes this.
  3. st.phil

st.phil Juniors

Look I am not chief of the Mary fan-club but, my god, some of you go wayyyy over the top. He may be tactically poor and cripplingly conservative in his selections…BUT…he gets the team “up” far more constantly than Price and both attack and defence have improved over his term. I know – low base. I know – he shouldn’t have been re-signed based on results…but he did.

Direct your anger at Doust / board for hiring and then re-hiring him. It is not Marys fault that the administration believe in him (and / or that he was the one they could afford) He is certainly not a deal breaker coach in terms of recruitment, exemplified by us recruiting two stars in Hunt and Graham.

In short – he’s our couch until further notice so pretty please quit the incessant whining get over it.

4. Dragon Revival

Dragon Revival Juniors

Surely others would be more appropriate such as Luke Bailey or Ben Creagh who always gave 100%.

5. muzby

muzby Village Idiot Staff Member

Awwww..

But he’s terribly uncomfortable to sit on..

And he doesn’t really go with the rest of my furniture..

Drag Queen and JohnnoMcJohnno like this.
  6. BennyV

BennyV Coach

Disagree. Mary’s shameless self-promotion and blame of others at all costs is a huge factor is his re-signing.

dragonssamy61 likes this.
  7. tevoro

tevoro Bench

I usually keep to Jub Ave but ventured out onto the main forum today... I see you troll here more than in Jub Ave, hey @muzby

dragonssamy61 likes this.
  8. Old Timer

Old Timer First Grade

Why make any comparison to Price?
    Mc Fookknuckle lives or dies on his own achievements or lack there of.
    On that basis his results are piss poor as we are not consistent contenders for the finals let alone the GF.
    Re recruitment of Hunt & Graham of course Hunt was going to come regardless of who was coach as the money was undeniably great at that moment in time and in respect of Graham we didn't lure him to us we caught him as the Dogs chucked his 32 year old body out of the window
    If Mc Fookknuckle offers his services then he is entitled to be scrutinised to the nth degree for what he brings or doesn't bring to the table and any judgement of Doust and the board is an entirely separate matter albeit well worth scrutinising and criticising as well.
    Mc Fookknuckles contract is like buying a dud car with a 5 year warranty and you hang onto it despite the fact that it is a complete lemon and you are always hoping that it will come good but as soon as the warranty runs out you piss it off and wonder why you didn't take your losses and get rid of it earlier.

Country Dragon and Coffs dragon like this.
  9. muzby

The reactions are better..

10. Uplifting

Uplifting Juniors

Personally I think Graham was happy to get 3yr deal at this stage, and clearly you’re right, Mary didn’t make or break that deal. I think this speaks volumes though for Millward, he knew to target Vaughan and then Hunt.

11. Dennis Papaioannou

Dennis Papaioannou Juniors

I am not angry at anyone...
    Just frustrated and embarrassed.
    Saddling up for another year of McGregor - hoping for the best and waiting to see the end result.
    The real issue is not whether McGregor is "our coach until further notice" but rather what will happen if he bombs out again?
    Do we extend his contract yet again, thumb your nose at the fans and results and just accept a few more years of no premierships and mediocrity?
    Will the Board admit their mistake and make a hard and objective decision regarding the coaching function for the good of the club?
    If things are going poorly, is the Board prepared to make a change mid season in an attempt to salvage 2018?
    I think these are all valid questions and can't be interpreted as "whining".
    Over the top...after 2016 and 2017? You're kidding right?

Life's Good likes this.
  12. muzby

You’re far too short term focussed..

You’re failing to take into account 2015..

We made the finals that year (well, so I was told in nearly every press conference in 2016..)

Dennis Papaioannou likes this.
  13. Blood Shot Eyes

Blood Shot Eyes Bench

Oh please not another ashtray on the coaching motorbike

Life's Good likes this.