What's new
The Front Row Forums

Register a free account today to become a member of the world's largest Rugby League discussion forum! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Excited for 2017

deansykes

Juniors
Call me delusional or an optimist, but I'm really excited for 2017 and beyond.

The signings of Vaughan, McInnes, McDonald and Nona... Sims with a full preseason... No more Benji (though I wish him all the best) and Rein... I think there is hope there. Obviously held back by McBallsack and the board, but I really think the roster is heading in the right direction.

I don't think we'll witness amazing success, but fingers crossed JD gets his chance and we can see some positives on the horizon.

(Trying to shine a positive light on what has been an incredibly disappointing year).

Let bygones be bygones so they say... Up the dragons!!

hewi

Bench
A good post, and yes I quietly agree. We have a good roster with depth IMO. If JD stays and has good input we will be the dark horse of next years season. A lot will depend on Nona and Widdop IMO. I live in hope!!!!

kyussiscoming73

Juniors
If the youngsters are blooded at the right time to supplement our solid roster, then we should be optimistic.
This is one of the biggest negatives in our coaching....identifying that a senior is not playing to their potential and giving someone else a go, which boosts their confidence and makes the senior guy train harder to win back their spot.

Yep, I'm with ya. We have a strong playing roster IMO and a useless coach.

Until McGregor is sacked I have no expectations at all, so anything above the wooden spoon will be a bonus.

You beat me to it Gippsy.

On paper we have a very strong 17 plus plenty of back up. Some fantastic talent coming through in the juniors as well for the next few years.

Realistically, we should make the finals and have the squad to go deep into September.

Main concern is not Mary as a Coach but Mary as an inspirational leader.

muzby

Village Idiot
Staff member
Call me delusional or an optimist, but I'm really excited for 2017 and beyond.

The signings of Vaughan, McInnes, McDonald and Nona... Sims with a full preseason... No more Benji (though I wish him all the best) and Rein... I think there is hope there. Obviously held back by McBallsack and the board, but I really think the roster is heading in the right direction.

I don't think we'll witness amazing success, but fingers crossed JD gets his chance and we can see some positives on the horizon.

(Trying to shine a positive light on what has been an incredibly disappointing year).

Let bygones be bygones so they say... Up the dragons!!
drink-and-post.png

Belta

Juniors
Yep it's that time again when I to get hopeful of an improvement, maybe some exciting wins, he'll even slip into the top eight, the coach has given youngsters like Duffy, Hutch and Nona played five eight and our kicking game was up to scratch, players under performing were dropped...argh I can see it ...dream a little dream with me

Sigurd

Juniors
The team is solid apart from the 1/2, 5/8 and hooker who aren't first grade standard. Anything better than second last will be overachieving.

It's really bad for players like JDB, Aitken and Thompson. They are really good players but they are not good enough to excel in spite of the halves and hooker.

Sigurd you will be excited if they fail you live for that moment.

Hell you could have the most beautiful woman in the world in your bed and you would still find something to complain about.

Oh and Widdop still doesn't want to be your friend.

Dragon Revival

Juniors
I do not think that we are so weak at half.
Hutchison is a good solid player and given good direction should fit the bill. If he had been given a fair go this year he would have
developed further instead of us relying on an unfit Benji who is not suited to half. Hopefully the coaching staff will have decided on the starting 17 well in advance and have suitable back ups in place. Hutchison is fit and not error ridden and knows how to set up play and seize opportunities and get a backline flowing.

BrissyRedV

Bench
As much as I would like to be positive about our chances, I cannot. On paper, the team doesn't look too bad. But we are handicapped to the point where we are completely out of the race whilst Mary is in charge of the coaching department and we will always be lagging behind with regards to the fiscal management of the club whilst the current board and CEO are in place. We will struggle to be competitive both on an off the field with these glaring issues for the foreseeable future.

j0nesy

Bench
On paper we're a top 8 side (just), so I'm optimistic. I can't quite work out our best combination though. A good coach would do that..

TheOnlyTeam

Juniors
Going on most of the above posts, it now seems our problem has mostly been the roster. Well done, let the board know that we are in good hands.

All those who were not going to renew membership seem now to be making up part of the 5000.