What's new
The Front Row Forums

Register a free account today to become a member of the world's largest Rugby League discussion forum! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Excited for Sele, Dufty and Lawrie

Blake will imo be a very good honest front rower who will do the little things well and have a career he can be proud of.

Dan Hunt was the same and came good to only have his career cut short by injury which was such a shame.

Justin Poore if he wasn't such a dill could also have had an excellent career at the Dragons but choose to be greedy and it peated out at the Eels.

I can see Stuart Mason as a good honest prop also not sure what will happen with him but he leads from the front and does alot of the little things well.

Belta

Juniors
Life's Good said; " ...we have the makings of a good side...To have a clean out ...isn't what's needed.."

I do agree I guess it was mostly tongue in cheek brought about by frustration.

Uplifting Juniors said; ... [Players are used] "...to cover for SOO..."

Hence my sarcasm and tongue in cheek and as Uplifting Juniors mentioned OT nailed it when he said; [The] "...use of Host [typifies] the flaws in our system...[and] anyone who think [the juniors] were used wisely or given a fair go is SADLY mistaken..."

Life's Good

Coach
Life's Good said; " ...we have the makings of a good side...To have a clean out ...isn't what's needed.."

I do agree I guess it was mostly tongue in cheek brought about by frustration.

Uplifting Juniors said; ... [Players are used] "...to cover for SOO..."

Hence my sarcasm and tongue in cheek and as Uplifting Juniors mentioned OT nailed it when he said; [The] "...use of Host [typifies] the flaws in our system...[and] anyone who think [the juniors] were used wisely or given a fair go is SADLY mistaken..."
You’re not on your own there mate. We are all frustrated by the continued lack of foresight by our club to simply do their job - create a situation where success is achieved, not just spoken about.

TomRedVRiver

Bench
Sele is a good player but I can't see his body sustaining the constant barrage in the middle. I can see him floating around on the edges as his career starts to blossom. He is only 182cms after all. I feel like he might develop into that Bodene Thompson style player or coming off the bench in the later stages of halves to throw a few offloads against tired forwards.

Most assessments of Lawrie that i've seen in this thread are pretty spot on. I see him becoming a decent honest prop who will make his tackles and push a few yards. I can't see him turning any heads really, he's looking like an Aiden Tolman/Nathan Brown style player. He's getting smashed out there at the moment unfortunately, he's had very little impact off the bench for us. He'll get there though.

Dufty on the other hand could be anything. Size isn't an issue with this kid if he puts on a few kgs in the off-season. He's actually taller than Billy Slater, Ben Barba and Lachlan Coote. His speed will be a game changer for us and he obviously has no lack of vision and passing game with his history playing in the halves. I have high expectations for him, hopefully he meets them. We bloody need him to!

dragonssamy61

First Grade
Sele is a good player but I can't see his body sustaining the constant barrage in the middle. I can see him floating around on the edges as his career starts to blossom. He is only 182cms after all. I feel like he might develop into that Bodene Thompson style player or coming off the bench in the later stages of halves to throw a few offloads against tired forwards.

Most assessments of Lawrie that i've seen in this thread are pretty spot on. I see him becoming a decent honest prop who will make his tackles and push a few yards. I can't see him turning any heads really, he's looking like an Aiden Tolman/Nathan Brown style player. He's getting smashed out there at the moment unfortunately, he's had very little impact off the bench for us. He'll get there though.

Dufty on the other hand could be anything. Size isn't an issue with this kid if he puts on a few kgs in the off-season. He's actually taller than Billy Slater, Ben Barba and Lachlan Coote. His speed will be a game changer for us and he obviously has no lack of vision and passing game with his history playing in the halves. I have high expectations for him, hopefully he meets them. We bloody need him to!

Tom
I agree re lawrie.
Sele will improve .
Sele needs to be used correctly as you have stated.
He has a good off load and pass but is told to play the way he does.
I think both sele and lawrie will learn a lot from Graham.
As how and when to offload.
I hope that luch looks after himself durning the off season and he will learn the the most from a guy like graham and how hard you need to train.
And expecially when to offload.
Dufty will be a good player as long as Mary uses him correctly.
Let him you his pace and passing ability more.
I hope that we will see lomax brought along because he has the ability to be special.

Uplifting

Juniors
A talent like Luciano needs to have a good NRL career. How good would it be to see him bring his skill for playing attacking footy to our forward pack - which will be full of ball playing talent.

The only question is going to be will the forward pack have enough go forward. It wasn't there at the end of this season. Graham is not that kind of player either.

Old Timer

Coach
Apart from two good recruits a good thing is that we are not resigning deadwood such as FaiFai Loa, Glymin, Marketo, Matthews, and McCrone. Because they are not on the roster Mary will not be able to select them.
As a result more promising players should be given a go.
Yep Latimore for 1.