What's new
The Front Row Forums

Register a free account today to become a member of the world's largest Rugby League discussion forum! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

F1 2017 PS4

Life's Good

Coach
The default controller setting for this game is the joystick & L1/R1 for brake/accelerate. I have tried to configure it to use the directional buttons for steering & shape buttons for brake/accelerate(old school gamer here) but can’t get that to work.
Does anyone know if its possible to change?? If so how is it done?(a link to a cheat sheet would be great).
Thanks.

billygilmore

Juniors
The default controller setting for this game is the joystick & L1/R1 for brake/accelerate. I have tried to configure it to use the directional buttons for steering & shape buttons for brake/accelerate(old school gamer here) but can’t get that to work.
Does anyone know if its possible to change?? If so how is it done?(a link to a cheat sheet would be great).
Thanks.

Go to settings, accessibility, button assignments, allow "enable custom button assignments" then custom button assignments will open up as an option, go to that and you can change what button does what.

Life's Good

Coach
Go to settings, accessibility, button assignments, allow "enable custom button assignments" then custom button assignments will open up as an option, go to that and you can change what button does what.
So that means I CAN use the directional buttons & shape buttons(old school style) for this game?? I was thinking maybe I can’t.

madunit

Super Moderator
Staff member
Yep did it myself. Damn good game. Also be sure to check the brake assist setting. It was on to full when i started the game and it was annoying as hell. Either turn it off or set it to its lowest setting (if you haven't played in a while or are a bit rusty)

Its better off.

Life's Good

Coach
Don't know mate, I know I used this trick for battlefield 1 when I wanted to use r1 for shoot back when the game wouldn't let you. How is f1 17? I haven't played a good f1 game for a while
I’ll give it a try & let you know if it works. Thanks for the tip.

As for the game itself it is really detailed compared to the F1 games of years past(in my 40’s with 2 young kids has meant I am now just getting some time to catch up as I haven’t played in 10+ yrs). I actually bought the game to practice for F1 Sim racing which I compete in that follows the actual F1 championship. I am hoping to get up to speed on the track layouts & car set ups to improve how I go there.
Once I get up to speed on it I will let you know how it is.

Life's Good

Coach
Yep did it myself. Damn good game. Also be sure to check the brake assist setting. It was on to full when i started the game and it was annoying as hell. Either turn it off or set it to its lowest setting (if you haven't played in a while or are a bit rusty)

Its better off.
That is a relief, thanks. I will get cracking with the tips from billyg.

billygilmore

Juniors
I’ll give it a try & let you know if it works. Thanks for the tip.

As for the game itself it is really detailed compared to the F1 games of years past(in my 40’s with 2 young kids has meant I am now just getting some time to catch up as I haven’t played in 10+ yrs). I actually bought the game to practice for F1 Sim racing which I compete in that follows the actual F1 championship. I am hoping to get up to speed on the track layouts & car set ups to improve how I go there.
Once I get up to speed on it I will let you know how it is.

Haha no the feeling man, mid 30's myself with 2 young kids and a 3rd on the way. Think the last game I properly got into was the last of us

madunit

Super Moderator
Staff member
Don't know mate, I know I used this trick for battlefield 1 when I wanted to use r1 for shoot back when the game wouldn't let you. How is f1 17? I haven't played a good f1 game for a while
Instead of just being a driver, there is an intense focus on looking after your car and managing it. You have to earn points to get upgrades on durability, aerodynamics, power etc.

Very detailed, graphics are brilliant and the AI cars are very tough to race against. It's damn addictive.

Life's Good

Coach
Instead of just being a driver, there is an intense focus on looking after your car and managing it. You have to earn points to get upgrades on durability, aerodynamics, power etc.

Very detailed, graphics are brilliant and the AI cars are very tough to race against. It's damn addictive.
Games have come a long way since Pong!

Iafeta

Referee
Have you tried @Life's Good Forza? I have been addicted to the series. Car details and customisation is off the charts. Driver AI is a little crash happy which drops it down from OMG full sim to I crash my personal car 3 times a year and can still win this.

Project Cars is another greatly detailed series. It's been built with support from online fans IIRC. This one you need to know how to customise and spend time tinkering to get your set up right otherwise it's easy to under or oversteer into oblivion.

Life's Good

Coach
Have you tried @Life's Good Forza? I have been addicted to the series. Car details and customisation is off the charts. Driver AI is a little crash happy which drops it down from OMG full sim to I crash my personal car 3 times a year and can still win this.

Project Cars is another greatly detailed series. It's been built with support from online fans IIRC. This one you need to know how to customise and spend time tinkering to get your set up right otherwise it's easy to under or oversteer into oblivion.
I’m pretty sure once I get a handle on the F1 game then others will follow of which Forza is one I want to get my hands on. We might even be able to have an online battle!!

Exsilium

First Grade
Just saw the add for Grand Tourismo looks great on the PS4 Pro

So much to choose from. If you're like me and crave the white knuckled, no driver aids, full customisation and tweaking from car to car, track to track, then having Project Cars 2 is the benchmark at the moment.

GT is always a fan favourite but its blend between arcade and simulation was always its downfall. I remember when Forza came out it was miles ahead but the Racing sim field is evening out.

Niche games like F1 and Rally games are great but for overall immersion I just cant go past Project Cars.

Latest posts