F1 2017

Discussion in 'Motor Sports' started by DiegoNT, Feb 21, 2017.

1. Storm13

Storm13 Juniors

When Ric got back to the garage he had words at Marko while he was still following the race. Would've like to of been a fly on the wall for that one.

I think Ric's harsh words against his team mate do remind me of Webber vs Vettel. Be interesting if its coming from the same frustration.

2. Life's Good

Life's Good Bench

It wouldnt surprise me to see Ricciardo & Verstappen team up at Ferrari in the coming years. Ricciardo takes Raikkonen's seat with Verstappen to follow if Vettel heads to Mercedes once his contract is up in 3 years.

madunit likes this.
  3. Life's Good

Life's Good Bench

2 days of testing has just wrapped up in Hungary prior to the summer shutdown. A couple of big stories centre around Robert Kubica(Renault) & Lando Norris(McLaren)

Kubica is attempting to return to F1 from a 7 year gap after a crash in an off season rally event that partially severed his arm. He ended up as quick as regular team driver Jolyon Palmer and is likely to come into calculations for a full time return drive in 2018. Massive story if it happens. I hope it does because Kubica was a rare talent easily capable of mixing it with the drivers he competed against from 2006 - 2010.

Lando Norris is a 17 year old karting world champion who was 2nd quickest(Vettel was fastest)at the test despite this being the first time he ever sat in an F1 car! Mightily impressive stuff.

4. Parra

Parra Coach

A Kubica comeback would be a great story.

In F1 terms I don't get the 'rare talent' assessment that he gets in retrospect. He was up to the task for sure and a GP winner which is rare enough. He seems overrated in retrospect. He left to go rallying when he wasn't offered a ride in a top team. The biggest impact he made in F1 was being relatively unscathed in that massive crash in the Canadian GP.

Kudos to him for getting back even to this point at this stage in his career. Moreso with the terrible injuries he suffered in that rally crash.

5. AusKnightRKO

AusKnightRKO First Grade

He never left F1, his rally crash was in F1 off season, if had the top equipment that the leading drivers had, he would of been a world champion, even multiple.

Life's Good likes this.
  6. Life's Good

Life's Good Bench

He was in with a chance of winning the 2008 WDC through a combination of sheer speed and stealth in picking up good results. What cost him was BMW deciding to limit development of the 2008 car and focus on their 2009 car for a full blown tilt at the title. The 2009 car turned out to be a lemon and come the end of the year BMW withdrew from F1.
    Kubica then moved across to Renault for 2010 and had a very good season despite not having top machinery. Through 2010 Alonso, no less, was angling for Ferrari to get him to replace Massa which I am certain would have happened if it wasn't for accident.
    You've only got read what Hamilton has recently said along with past quotes from Alonso and others to see how highly regarded he is.

7. Parra

Parra Coach

I don't dismiss him as a talent at all - by WDC, even multi - that is the over rating in retrospect that has crept in over the years.

8. T-Boon

T-Boon Bench

Now we are in this annoying half season break...Is Magnussen's "suck my balls mate" comment the highlight of the season so far?

Life's Good likes this.
  9. Parra

Parra Coach

Well the timing was perfect. I didn't realise what a merkin hulkenburg was until this. What an entitled sook.

10. Life's Good

Life's Good Bench

Good to see some personality shine through. Kmag isn't afraid to speak up though, just check his quotes on the Halo.

Parra and T-Boon like this.
  11. T-Boon

T-Boon Bench

It would be great to see some of this in Rugby League.

Parra and Life's Good like this.