What's new
The Front Row Forums

Register a free account today to become a member of the world's largest Rugby League discussion forum! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

F7s articles on Leagueunlimited.com

Amadean

Juniors
I liked the idea of an F7's book, and am currently working in print media, so I gave our printers a call this morning. From a back-of-the-envelope sketch, we'd be looking at around AUD $2300 before shipping for 500 130mm x 198mm paperbacks, including design and typesetting costs on 55g paper.

As with all these things, distribution will be the greatest difficulty, by far. If the aim is to print for own entertainment, then fine. If sales beyond forummers are a target then the problem becomes exponentially trickier.

Anyhoo... FYI

madunit

Super Moderator
Staff member
how many pages is that mate.

btw-great job with the info, thats awesome!

Titanic

First Grade
Asked this question a couple of months ago and reckon that selling online is the go as then the purchaser takes the delivery charges ... as Amadean says China is the place to print and store ... all proceeds to develop F7's and the website.

Jesbass

First Grade
I liked the idea of an F7's book, and am currently working in print media, so I gave our printers a call this morning. From a back-of-the-envelope sketch, we'd be looking at around AUD $2300 before shipping for 500 130mm x 198mm paperbacks, including design and typesetting costs on 55g paper.

As with all these things, distribution will be the greatest difficulty, by far. If the aim is to print for own entertainment, then fine. If sales beyond forummers are a target then the problem becomes exponentially trickier.

Anyhoo... FYI

Is there any update on this? I don't know who makes the final decision on whether it goes ahead or even the specific articles that get in, etc, but selling them at $5AUD + shipping per copy would make it financially viable...if all 500 sold. (Or a higher price meaning less people would need to buy a copy.)

I know I'd be keen. I just think it's a great idea, and I hope it hasn't died.

Titanic

First Grade
The whole concept is interesting. The format, e.g. round by round or in genres such as historical, humorous, downright ridiculous. Copyright issues would have to be addressed as well, but I think a great way to develop the site.

Willow

Assistant Moderator
Needs a person with lots of free time who is willing to take on the workload, research it, put forward a proposal to LU mgt and then follow it through.

LU would look into proposed publishers and financing and are always very keen on partnerships in this regard.

I'd love to do it as a project when I have a few months free (lol). Of course its something that requires a determined level of commitment and not something that can be done within a week.

Titanic

First Grade
I probably have the team to do that... so once they get back from holidays then we'll meet, put together a proposal and submit through you, if that's the protocol? Also as offered previously, I am prepared to assist with the up-date of the articles on-site too. Keep me out of the pub.

Willow

Assistant Moderator
Sounds great Titanic.

It shouldn't be a problem to set you up with access to put articles up. Might take a a day or two.

Willow

Assistant Moderator
F7s articles are functioning again on the F7s website and main page of LU.

Two are up from the the grand final.

A Rugby League Tragedy
[FONT=Arial, Helvetica, sans-serif][SIZE=-2]December 26th 2008 10:58 PM[/SIZE][/FONT] [FONT=Arial, Helvetica, sans-serif]by:[/FONT] [FONT=Arial, Helvetica, sans-serif]Titanic (Titans)[/FONT]

[FONT=Arial, Helvetica, sans-serif][SIZE=-2]"League, like life, isn’t always fair. I was born with a third nipple on my chest. This may be too much information for some people..." - A Forum Sevens article.[/SIZE][/FONT][FONT=Arial, Helvetica, sans-serif]...[/FONT]
[FONT=Arial, Helvetica, sans-serif] more[/FONT]

divider_navbar_red.gif

Death Becomes Us
[FONT=Arial, Helvetica, sans-serif][SIZE=-2]December 26th 2008 10:26 PM[/SIZE][/FONT] [FONT=Arial, Helvetica, sans-serif]by:[/FONT] [FONT=Arial, Helvetica, sans-serif]Dave Q (Bluebags)[/FONT]

[FONT=Arial, Helvetica, sans-serif][SIZE=-2]"It's a beautiful July day in Panther territory... But despite this beautiful panorama, and smiling staff, this is not a place where anyone wants to be..." - A Forum Sevens article.[/SIZE][/FONT][FONT=Arial, Helvetica, sans-serif]...[/FONT]

Last edited:

Willow

Assistant Moderator
[FONT=Verdana, Arial, Helvetica, sans-serif]LATEST F7S ARTICLES[/FONT]

An Idiots Guide to Being a Rugby League Writer
[FONT=Arial, Helvetica, sans-serif][SIZE=-2]December 29th 2008 10:54 PM[/SIZE][/FONT] [FONT=Arial, Helvetica, sans-serif][SIZE=-2]by:[/SIZE][/FONT] [FONT=Arial, Helvetica, sans-serif]madunit (Malta)[/FONT]

[FONT=Arial, Helvetica, sans-serif][SIZE=-2]"Pre-requisites are skills and tools in your arsenal which are strongly required to carry out your duties as a Rugby League writer successfully." - A Forum Sevens article[/SIZE][/FONT][FONT=Arial, Helvetica, sans-serif]...[/FONT]

divider_navbar_red.gif

'Onomastical' Opinions
[FONT=Arial, Helvetica, sans-serif][SIZE=-2]December 29th 2008 10:32 PM[/SIZE][/FONT] [FONT=Arial, Helvetica, sans-serif][SIZE=-2]by:[/SIZE][/FONT] [FONT=Arial, Helvetica, sans-serif]tits&tans (Papua New Guinea)[/FONT]

[FONT=Arial, Helvetica, sans-serif][SIZE=-2]"Kids can be cruel. Just think about it. Like petite predators, they seek out those who appear to be the weakest and least confident." - A Forum Sevens article[/SIZE][/FONT][FONT=Arial, Helvetica, sans-serif]...[/FONT]

Willow

Assistant Moderator
[FONT=Verdana, Arial, Helvetica, sans-serif]LATEST F7S ARTICLES[/FONT]

All Hallows Even
[FONT=Arial, Helvetica, sans-serif][SIZE=-2]December 31st 2008 06:19 PM[/SIZE][/FONT] [FONT=Arial, Helvetica, sans-serif][SIZE=-2]by:[/SIZE][/FONT] [FONT=Arial, Helvetica, sans-serif]Amadean (Papua New Guinea)[/FONT]

[FONT=Arial, Helvetica, sans-serif][SIZE=-2]"Friday in Shanghai was a big night. Ridiculously big. I had some good news to celebrate..." - A Forum Sevens article[/SIZE][/FONT][FONT=Arial, Helvetica, sans-serif]...[/FONT]

divider_navbar_red.gif

The curse of the Next Big Thing
[FONT=Arial, Helvetica, sans-serif][SIZE=-2]December 31st 2008 06:44 PM[/SIZE][/FONT] [FONT=Arial, Helvetica, sans-serif][SIZE=-2]by:[/SIZE][/FONT] [FONT=Arial, Helvetica, sans-serif]miccle (Ireland)[/FONT]

[FONT=Arial, Helvetica, sans-serif][SIZE=-2]"Success is counted sweetest by those who ne’er succeed." (Emily Dickinson) - A Forum Sevens article[/SIZE][/FONT][FONT=Arial, Helvetica, sans-serif]...[/FONT]

Last edited:

Willow

Assistant Moderator
From The Mouths Of 'ballers
[FONT=Arial, Helvetica, sans-serif][SIZE=-2]January 2nd 2009 11:15 PM[/SIZE][/FONT] [FONT=Arial, Helvetica, sans-serif][SIZE=-2]by:[/SIZE][/FONT] [FONT=Arial, Helvetica, sans-serif]Rayroxon (New Zealand)[/FONT]

[FONT=Arial, Helvetica, sans-serif][SIZE=-2]Some of the famous, and infamous quotes from 2008. - A Forum Sevens article.[/SIZE][/FONT][FONT=Arial, Helvetica, sans-serif]...[/FONT]

divider_navbar_red.gif

THE FORGOTTEN FRIENDLY
[FONT=Arial, Helvetica, sans-serif][SIZE=-2]January 2nd 2009 10:49 PM[/SIZE][/FONT] [FONT=Arial, Helvetica, sans-serif][SIZE=-2]by:[/SIZE][/FONT] [FONT=Arial, Helvetica, sans-serif]Azkatro (Australia)[/FONT]

[FONT=Arial, Helvetica, sans-serif][SIZE=-2]“Beetson, I’m going to try and take Millward out.” - A Forum Sevens article.[/SIZE][/FONT][FONT=Arial, Helvetica, sans-serif]...[/FONT]
[FONT=Arial, Helvetica, sans-serif] [/FONT]

Titanic

First Grade
excellent stuff, mate, when you should be playing backyard cricket after the holiday bbq.

rayroxon

Juniors
From The Mouths Of 'ballers
[FONT=Arial, Helvetica, sans-serif][SIZE=-2]January 2nd 2009 11:15 PM[/SIZE][/FONT] [FONT=Arial, Helvetica, sans-serif][SIZE=-2]by:[/SIZE][/FONT] [FONT=Arial, Helvetica, sans-serif]Rayroxon (New Zealand)[/FONT]

[FONT=Arial, Helvetica, sans-serif][SIZE=-2]Some of the famous, and infamous quotes from 2008. - A Forum Sevens article.[/SIZE][/FONT][FONT=Arial, Helvetica, sans-serif]...[/FONT]

divider_navbar_red.gif

THE FORGOTTEN FRIENDLY
[FONT=Arial, Helvetica, sans-serif][SIZE=-2]January 2nd 2009 10:49 PM[/SIZE][/FONT] [FONT=Arial, Helvetica, sans-serif][SIZE=-2]by:[/SIZE][/FONT] [FONT=Arial, Helvetica, sans-serif]Azkatro (Australia)[/FONT]

[FONT=Arial, Helvetica, sans-serif][SIZE=-2]“Beetson, I’m going to try and take Millward out.” - A Forum Sevens article.[/SIZE][/FONT][FONT=Arial, Helvetica, sans-serif]...[/FONT]
[FONT=Arial, Helvetica, sans-serif] [/FONT]

Was cruising the main site and saw my little old article up there. Thanks Willow, most appreciated! Sorry for not noticing sooner, I'm a bit slow on the uptake and all.

Willow

Assistant Moderator
Starting with round 1 of the 2009 comp.

Featured on the main page of LU www.leagueunlimited.com and the F7s website http://f7s.leagueunlimited.com

First up... Jesbass (Warriors), Tits Anonymous (Titans) and Drew-sta (Bluebags)...

One Kiwi’s Wildest Dream Realised
[FONT=Arial, Helvetica, sans-serif]cornelius_sulla (Warriors[/FONT][FONT=Arial, Helvetica, sans-serif])[/FONT]

[FONT=Arial, Helvetica, sans-serif][SIZE=-2]Read it and weep, Kangaroo fans. Cry into your pints, British Lions supporters. Until the next World Cup New Zealand are The World Champions... A Forum Sevens article from early 2009.[/SIZE][/FONT][FONT=Arial, Helvetica, sans-serif]...[/FONT]
[FONT=Arial, Helvetica, sans-serif]more[/FONT]

divider_navbar_red.gif

Anything you can do...
[FONT=Arial, Helvetica, sans-serif]Drew-sta (Bluebags)[/FONT]

[FONT=Arial, Helvetica, sans-serif][SIZE=-2]John O’Neill slammed his fist down on the table, muttering curses under his breath... A Forum Sevens article from early 2009.[/SIZE][/FONT][FONT=Arial, Helvetica, sans-serif]...[/FONT]

divider_navbar_red.gif

Musings of a Footy Widow
[FONT=Arial, Helvetica, sans-serif]TITs ANonymouS (Titans)[/FONT]

[FONT=Arial, Helvetica, sans-serif][SIZE=-2]You know it’s that time of the year again when the headlines have been replaced by “Footy Antics”... A Forum Sevens article from early 2009.[/SIZE][/FONT][FONT=Arial, Helvetica, sans-serif]...[/FONT]

---

More to come from round one soon.

There are over 50 POTM articles from 2009. Here's hoping we can them all featured over the off-season.

Last edited:

Jesbass

First Grade
Starting with round 1 of the 2009 comp.

Featured on the main page of LU www.leagueunlimited.com and the F7s website http://f7s.leagueunlimited.com

First up... Jesbass (Warriors), *** Anonymous (Titans) and Drew-sta (Bluebags)...

One Kiwi’s Wildest Dream Realised
[FONT=Arial, Helvetica, sans-serif]Jesbass (Warriors[/FONT][FONT=Arial, Helvetica, sans-serif])[/FONT]

[FONT=Arial, Helvetica, sans-serif][SIZE=-2]Read it and weep, Kangaroo fans. Cry into your pints, British Lions supporters. Until the next World Cup New Zealand are The World Champions... A Forum Sevens article from early 2009.[/SIZE][/FONT][FONT=Arial, Helvetica, sans-serif]...[/FONT]

divider_navbar_red.gif

Anything you can do...
[FONT=Arial, Helvetica, sans-serif]Drew-sta (Bluebags)[/FONT]

[FONT=Arial, Helvetica, sans-serif][SIZE=-2]John O’Neill slammed his fist down on the table, muttering curses under his breath... A Forum Sevens article from early 2009.[/SIZE][/FONT][FONT=Arial, Helvetica, sans-serif]...[/FONT]

divider_navbar_red.gif

Musings of a Footy Widow
[FONT=Arial, Helvetica, sans-serif]*** ANonymouS (Titans)[/FONT]

[FONT=Arial, Helvetica, sans-serif][SIZE=-2]You know it’s that time of the year again when the headlines have been replaced by “Footy Antics”... A Forum Sevens article from early 2009.[/SIZE][/FONT][FONT=Arial, Helvetica, sans-serif]...[/FONT]

---

More to come from round one soon.

There are over 50 POTM articles from 2009. Here's hoping we can them all featured over the off-season.

Whilst honoured to have my name attributed to such a great article, I should point out that "One Kiwi's Wildest Dream Realised" was in fact written by F7s Warriors player cornelius_sulla on debut. (I posted it by proxy, hence the probably confusion.)

Latest posts