What's new
The Front Row Forums

Register a free account today to become a member of the world's largest Rugby League discussion forum! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

F7's player murphyscreek

madunit

Super Moderator
Staff member
Just want to send a quick message to say I hope you are ok mate. Murphy's Creek has been one of the most severaly damaged areas in the Brisbane Floods and at this stage, police hold grave fears for at least 12 people in that area.

Hope you and your family as well as all friends etc are all safe and well and we all look forward to seeing you back in the F7's in 2011.

I'd also like to send all best wishes to all people affected by these floods. I hope you are all safe and well.

DRAGONZ_RULE

Coach
I was just going to come and put a thread on here, actually.

We are all very nervous and worried about murph - Internet was cut to Murphy's Creek a few days back, and he hasn't been online since the 10th.

Desperately hoping that it's just the Internet being down which is preventing him from getting online - and of course, if everything is OK in terms of his (and his family's) wellbeing he would have other things to worry about rather than jumping onto a rugby league forum.

Our thoughts are with him.

Hope against hope that all is OK, murph!

Jesbass

First Grade
I had no idea. Thoughts and prayers with everyone at this time.

These situations always feel much closer to home when someone you've seen in an online community is affected by this.

Is his captain able to contact him via cell phone? (Or are the networks down in the Brisbane area, too?)

madunit

Super Moderator
Staff member
mobile networks have been experiencing massive outages throughout all of Brisbane.

The clean up in Murphy's Creek is beginning today.

DRAGONZ_RULE

Coach
Coby made a post on Jubilee Avenue for us re murphyscreek:
CobyDelaney said:
Does anyone know his real name?

I've checked his registration details on LU, and if theyre right, there was someone in the flood register as of yesterday at 5pm.

Fingers crossed those are the right details.
So as long as murph signed up to LU with his real name and details, it looks like he is safe and sound .... what a relief!!!

Titanic

First Grade
Ditto DR ... sitting in China freezing our goulies off pales into insignificance when watching the disaster unfold ... hope all the LU community affected can draw on the knowledge that the world is watching and praying for you.

As a veteran of the 1974 flood, I don't envy the task in front of you but you can take solace from the fact that as an example I still have a group of very good friends that I made while cleaning mud out of their houses.

Willow

Assistant Moderator
Coby made a post on Jubilee Avenue for us re murphyscreek:

So as long as murph signed up to LU with his real name and details, it looks like he is safe and sound .... what a relief!!!
It looks he did.

Murphyscreek won a prize in a LU tipping comp and I mailed it out.

I still have his name and address - I was looking for a phone number yesterday but no luck.

I checked the Red Cross register (thanks Coby for the tip), and someone with murphy's name signed into the Registry yesterday afternoon.

Registered at 12/01/2011 05.37 PM

gorilla

First Grade
It looks he did.

Murphyscreek won a prize in a LU tipping comp and I mailed it out.

I still have his name and address - I was looking for a phone number yesterday but no luck.

I checked the Red Cross register (thanks Coby for the tip), and someone with murphy's name signed into the Registry yesterday afternoon.

Registered at 12/01/2011 05.37 PM

Soo, he's got a key ring ? ;-)

Mr Angry

Not a Referee
My LU shirt is still going strong, you bought quality Willow, that shirt has been washed at least 100 times but is in great shape.

DRAGONZ_RULE

Coach
For anyone interested, murph has logged back in and started posting on Jubilee Avenue!

Whilst he and his family are all safe, he has lost some neighbours to this tragedy ...

murphyscreek

Coach
Hi everyone. Apologies for not getting over here sooner, my computer got drenched and I can only get online via my phone, and then only when I'm in town. I'm not too adept at the phone/online thing yet, but am getting better.

Thanks for the kind thoughts and well wishes. Our back room of our house got flooded but compared to others here we got off lightly. i.e. We still have a house and our lives. We were cut off for four days and had no power or landline (mobiles have never worked here) which was a worry for family and friends who hadn't heard from us.

The community is devastated and being such a small place everyone knows someone who has been lost. What has ensued from the tragedy is the warmth and spirit of our fellow human beings whom every day seem to be there at the right place and right time, offering help and support wherever it is needed, and in a considerate and non-invasive way.

As I say, myself and Mrs Murph got off lightly, but we are reminded all about us on a daily basis of other's losses, and the impact that such losses engender.

Willow

Assistant Moderator
Thanks murph and best wishes to yourself, your family and to Murphys Creek itself. Here's hoping everyone gets back on their feet sooner rather than later.

Latest posts