What's new
The Front Row Forums

Register a free account today to become a member of the world's largest Rugby League discussion forum! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Faf du Plessis charged with ball tampering

Twizzle

Administrator
Staff member
yeh, every team in the world has had their skipper convicted of ball tampering, not once but twice

oh wait, no we haven't

some11

Referee
Is it just me or have the saffers made a bigger deal out of this more than anyone else?

It's as if they want this siege mentality to fire themselves up to win 3-0, not that they need it.

Iafeta

Referee
yeh, every team in the world has had their skipper convicted of ball tampering, not once but twice

oh wait, no we haven't

"We like every other team in the world shines the ball the same way"

So.... Fafs a crook because he's been caught but the others who haven't been caught aren't. Well, ok then.

simmo1

First Grade
Is there any evidence that this shit makes an meaningful difference?

Apart from ol' mate Trescothick who was trying to drum up sales for his book.

Twizzle

Administrator
Staff member
"We like every other team in the world shines the ball the same way"

So.... Fafs a crook because he's been caught but the others who haven't been caught aren't. Well, ok then.

Faf and Dravid are the only ones who got caught that I've ever seen, I dont believe every one around the world rubs lollies on the ball regardless of what Smith said,

I just think Smithy being very diplomatic there and supporting his colleagues there, fairly obvious. Believe what you like,

Fact is no one else has been convicted of ball tampering twice in his career.

Twizzle

Administrator
Staff member
Is there any evidence that this shit makes an meaningful difference?

Apart from ol' mate Trescothick who was trying to drum up sales for his book.

Never tried it myself but when you see people like Faf and Dravid working furiously on the ball you have to think they are doing it for a reason,

In Trescothic's book he said that putting a sugar glaze on one half of the ball made it swing a lot more.

Iafeta

Referee
Faf and Dravid are the only ones who got caught that I've ever seen, I dont believe every one around the world rubs lollies on the ball regardless of what Smith said,

I just think Smithy being very diplomatic there and supporting his colleagues there, fairly obvious. Believe what you like,

Fact is no one else has been convicted of ball tampering twice in his career.

What on earth does Australia gain from diplomacy??? That doesn't seem likely.

They all do it. Faf got caught. And there's some sanctimonious self righteousness going on when if you ask cricketers off the record they will tell you any number of things that have done to try to gain extra swing.

Twizzle

Administrator
Staff member
What on earth does Australia gain from diplomacy??? That doesn't seem likely.

They all do it. Faf got caught. And there's some sanctimonious self righteousness going on when if you ask cricketers off the record they will tell you any number of things that have done to try to gain extra swing.

Well Bryce McGain begs to differ. Only a few minutes ago he was on the ABC news and he got asked about it during his time in the Australian team and he said he never saw anything like that.

I certainly dont believe everyone does it, way too many cameras around now days, if you do it you'll get busted.

Faf said he didn't try to hide it as he thought it was OK, which I find pretty unintelligent especially due to the fact that he'd already been busted once before.

JJ

Immortal
So 1 nil up is a worse position than 2 nil down lol reach for the stars

Nope, what he's saying is 2-0 down in a three test series at home to the 5th ranked test team in the world is better than 1-0 up in a two test series at home against the second ranked team...

Some truly special thinking going on here

JJ

Immortal
Well Bryce McGain begs to differ. Only a few minutes ago he was on the ABC news and he got asked about it during his time in the Australian team and he said he never saw anything like that.

I certainly dont believe everyone does it, way too many cameras around now days, if you do it you'll get busted.

Faf said he didn't try to hide it as he thought it was OK, which I find pretty unintelligent especially due to the fact that he'd already been busted once before.

Well if Bryce McGain says so, then we should ignore the likes of Jason Gillespie et al - game over

Sorry, who is Bryce McGain again?

Twizzle

Administrator
Staff member
Well if Bryce McGain says so, then we should ignore the likes of Jason Gillespie et al - game over

Sorry, who is Bryce McGain again?

OK, so you want to believe the international cricketer that suits you argument ?

gee what a surprise

if that's the case then, and everyone does it as you claim (rubbing lollies on the ball), do you believe the Kiwis cheat as well ?

JJ

Immortal
OK, so you want to believe the international cricketer that suits you argument ?

gee what a surprise

if that's the case then, and everyone does it as you claim (rubbing lollies on the ball), do you believe the Kiwis cheat as well ?

1. Bryce McGain was an international cricketer? ok...

2. If you read what I wrote - the problem I have is the inconsistency - the footage was focused on by media and the ICC had to react. Subsequently footage has been shown of David Warner and Virat Kohli doing more or less the same thing, but the ICC says too late, 5 days have passed - so that is arbitrary, dependent on what the media highlights rather than the ICC thoroughly looking over game events. I also said elsewhere I saw footage of Kane Williamson chewing gum and shining the ball, same with Steve Smith - all these people have foreign substances in their mouth and are shining the ball. You're the one saying "cheat" I am simply saying (as Steve Smith, Jason Gillespie and many others are) this behaviour is very common... apparently Bryce McGain and you disagree, fair enough.

I never said anyone is rubbing lollies on the ball, you should check either your comprehension or vision - unless there is other footage I have not seen any of those players remove a lolly from their mouth and rub it on the ball, nor have I seen any of them stick the ball in their mouth so the lolly contacts the ball - but to be fair only Warner's mouth is big enough for that

Not going to debate your hopeless paraphrasing, or making up stuff

Bazal

Post Whore

gee what a surprise

Well, in fairness, Bryce McGain played one test so I'm not quite sure what he'd know about anything that happened in the Test side....

Latest posts