What's new
The Front Row Forums

Register a free account today to become a member of the world's largest Rugby League discussion forum! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Fans and members deserve better

JetRider

Juniors
It is time for the club to come clean on what the plan is for Souths to achieve success. We can not as fans continue to accept this inactivity towards our future, we watch each day as other clubs snap up talent and no comments as to why we are not active in that space.

We members deserve better and we have invested both financially and emotionally to the club, it is time for the club to show its appreciation with more than social outings. I call on Souths to show more respect and include us, your investors in understanding what the vision for success is as it is not clear to us now.

The team including the coaches of all grades need to be held accountable to the members for their performance, no more excuses we need to see results.

Losing is bad for business.

Look at the crowds, membership dip and no one at fan day.

And we're losing our major sponsor. Great time to be shithouse.

Rabbits20

Immortal
It is time for the club to come clean on what the plan is for Souths to achieve success. We can not as fans continue to accept this inactivity towards our future, we watch each day as other clubs snap up talent and no comments as to why we are not active in that space.

We members deserve better and we have invested both financially and emotionally to the club, it is time for the club to show its appreciation with more than social outings. I call on Souths to show more respect and include us, your investors in understanding what the vision for success is as it is not clear to us now.

The team including the coaches of all grades need to be held accountable to the members for their performance, no more excuses we need to see results.
But Curns doesn't see this on here.

He wants to continue with mediocrity.

If I say we have to many NSW Cup players all the trolls come out to play. It was quite concerning against Brisbane with AJ, Talakai, Jennings and Turner plus Clark. The signs were there.

AR is also a big problem. He's so out of form and he's made of glass.

Our recruitment is shithouse. Before the start of the season guys on here said we recruited well. I told em we didn't but they just tried saying I should be banned off here. Those guys (Rsag they keep lashing out at me so I'll call them for what they are) are don't knowers with no idea and want mediocrity!!!!!!!!!

Our 2002 team had a go. They didn't even try last night or put their bodies on the line like the 2002 side did. What a disgrace they are to the old boys.

I wouldn't boo my side but many did last night. They asked Sam in the press conference how he felt about that and he said he just had to get into the changeorom to hear Madge. Well Sam they ain't f**king listening are they!!!!!!!! We have to move on Sam said. In the meantime when it was said about the booing Madge was nearly in tears!!!!!!!

I don't think we will see results for the next couple of years but we need to see a transformation starting. Just give us something.................

Pommy

Coach
Our membership fees imply we are, irrespective of the legality we are investing in the club and deserve better.

Imply we are what? Members or customers?
The 'club' is a business not a club in the traditional sense. The business answers to its shareholders not customers.
The only way a customer has any input is if they choose to not pay in to the business anymore that's the only time the business is going to take note.
They might make the right noises about fans and members but don't be fooled.
This isn't a dig at rusty either this is just the way of professional sport the world over now. Your a fool if you believe any differently.

JetRider

Juniors
Pommy My point is that we invest our money, time and emotion on the Bunnies and we deserve more in respect to information on the direction of the team. I have been a Souths fan for a long time so this poor period is not new, I can deal with this but expect more for the future.

Pommy

Coach
Pommy My point is that we invest our money, time and emotion on the Bunnies and we deserve more in respect to information on the direction of the team. I have been a Souths fan for a long time so this poor period is not new, I can deal with this but expect more for the future.

I invest my money in to loads of companies.

I don't expect Apple to involve me in their business decisions. I know this isn't a nice thing to accept but its just the reality now. Ive supported Newcastle United all my life and I've found it a lot easier to do so since i accepted these facts, I'm just a paying customer.

Australia had it lucky in the sense clubs were actually clubs for a longer time but not any more.

callmack1

Staff member
I agree with your points JetRider.

To be fair about you saying we're not having a go R20, yes last night was awful and none of our players looked like they wanted to be there but for most of the season, the effort has been good. The only times we didn't have a go was Round 1 (which is forgivable given the circumstances) and last night. In every other game we had a go. Execution just let us down in some games.

JetRider

Juniors
I thank you all for the intelligent comments - as South supporters we want to see the team do well and as such we are all interested to hear where our team can be improved and who we would buy or why we need to develop what we already have.

Rabbits20

Immortal
I agree with your points JetRider.

To be fair about you saying we're not having a go R20, yes last night was awful and none of our players looked like they wanted to be there but for most of the season, the effort has been good. The only times we didn't have a go was Round 1 (which is forgivable given the circumstances) and last night. In every other game we had a go. Execution just let us down in some games.
Does the Dogs game ring a bell????

Heelllooooo we bloody gave up in the last 20 as soon as Sam went off.

Our problem is more than execution my friend.

Rabbits20

Immortal
I thank you all for the intelligent comments - as South supporters we want to see the team do well and as such we are all interested to hear where our team can be improved and who we would buy or why we need to develop what we already have.
Buy Paterika Vaivai from the Titans. I've seen him in a few games and his leg drive is phenomenal. Hands down he's better than Clark and Turner. He'd waltz into our side to start at prop no contest. I would even take Pulu off them too.

We need to sign Latrell Mitchell as well.

We still have major problems though.

Vaivai has only been a park footballer too and this bloke Boyle who looked powerful for the Titans today.

Heck there is heaps out there who are better than Clark and Turner who aren't regular first graders at other clubs.

Enough is enough Souths recruitment team. Have they just got their feet up having a good old time????? Fug.

DiegoNT

First Grade
Souths forum users: Russel owns the club, so if he wants to drunkenly swear at players and get rid off players he doesn't like that is his right.

Also souths forum users: we the members own the club and we deserve what we want. The team needs to be accountable to the members

greg jay

Juniors

Look. I have seen this many times in the NRL and NFL. A team that continually fumbles the rock turns it over and fails to score points is a DEAD TEAM. NO LIFE. In Press Conferences you hear the SAME COMMENTS OVER & OVER AGAIN by the Coach. Over and over again!!!. It all starts with... THE HEAD COACH. These guys get paid a hefty sum to Manage a team and PREPARE it to PLAY. When the team collapses it all revolves around THE COACH. Maguire is completely FINISHED HERE IT IS FINITO. You need to start mentioning potential REPLACEMENTS ok?? Cannot put it any simpler.

callmack1

Staff member
Does the Dogs game ring a bell????

Heelllooooo we bloody gave up in the last 20 as soon as Sam went off.

Our problem is more than execution my friend.
Alright settle down, I forgot about that Dogs game.

You don't get what I'm saying. Round 1, the last 20 minutes of Round 7 and last night were the only real games we gave up and layed down. All our other games we put up a fight but just couldn't execute, whether that be in attack or defence.

I know we have a few problems. I wasn't around last season so I wouldn't know if it was the same but this year after every loss, it seems some on here over react and it's all negative. Yes we were terrible last night everyone knows that and we have some soul searching to do but you have to look at all our other games.

It's the same when we win, some guys will carry on about how good we are and over react.

Now, I'm not saying we're still going to have a good season and we are in a whole but some on here just need to chill out a bit.

We need to find consistency. It's not good enough to come out one week all guns blazing and the next not even turn up.

Some of you will dissagree but that's just my opinion.

greg jay

Juniors
Financial management? Our salary cap is a mess? Thats why the quality of our 17 isn't as good as some of the top teams?
Salary Cap is a mess PRIMARILY because of Inglis and The Burgess Clan. They absorb a large share of the Cap BUT their PRODUCTIVITY is getting progressively worse. You should start reading up on Bill Belichick and the Dallas Cowboys. Both are at the top in The NFL and both adopt a similar PHILOSOPHY. DO NOT OVER PAY FADING FREE AGENTS OR BIG NAME PLAYERS it will put the TEAM in Salary Cap HELL. Stuff what they have done and their name. Belichick has cut some of HIS BEST PLAYERS and analysts are shocked BUT the team remains dominant. Its quite amazing as a study of EFFICIENT MANAGEMENT and PRODUCTIVITY. Its about IMMEDIATE TERM PRODUCTION and getting as many productive players into the team as possible. Usually these are YOUNGER TALENTED players mixed in with a few savvy veterans who fit the Coaching system and Philosophy. Go your own way and your'e done. Dallas is actually becoming an envied MODEL for the NFL as the club used to overpay for Big Name Free Agents then down the track had to cut a host of players to get under The Cap. Bad Management BUT that has now been abandoned.

Latest posts