What's new
The Front Row Forums

Register a free account today to become a member of the world's largest Rugby League discussion forum! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Fans and members deserve better

greg jay

Juniors
Tout Le Monde should listen to The Entretien avec David Furner on The Smiths Crisps website. Very interesting and good entretien. Furner was asked several difficult questions re Maguire and Coaching. Responses were for now rather guarded. Furner is direct and sharp in his responses and for now its all behind The Leader. However one gets the impression that a few more beltings will see a coup take place. Balmain then Melbourne could be Maguire's exit point.

foreverinourshadow

First Grade
yes mate true we miss our boys R20 - teo/ bully/ mcqueen/ dylan walker/ and api and auvaa and old man lote tuquiri whom acted as an extra forward to get us off our try line in times of need he was inspirational in 2014 .....Shadow...

foreverinourshadow

First Grade
shiiiit management after 2014/15/16/17 .!!.Now we got a shiiiiit team .! NOW WHAT DO WE DO?I SAY CULL THE DUDS AND BUY REAL 1ST GRADE PLAYERS YOU FUGGIN FOOLS SOUTHS MANAGEMENT WAKE THE FUG UP YOU IMBECILES WHAT HAVE YOU DONE TO OUR CLUB SPONSORS AND OUR DIEHARD FANS YOU HAVE RIPPED OUR HEARTS OUT THATS WHAT YOU HAVE DONE WITH YOUR FAILURE IN MISMANAGEMENT....Shadow...

callmack1

Staff member
He wasn't very good for Souths after 2014 though!
Correct. That again is his own fault, if he hadn't done that stupid thing, he wouldn't have got suspended for that long and who knows, his form may have continued.

foreverinourshadow

First Grade
im speechless.....put it this way if the broncs win in 2017 ile bet my house that they wont fall apart like souths have since after our 2014 grand final win.....i hope rusty and the dumb souths management learn from their dumb mistakes to where we are today after 2014??????WAKE UP FOR GODS SAKE YOU RUINED SOUTHS YOU BUNCH OF AIR HEADS.....OH THATS RIGHT LETS BUY MCINNES AND KEEP OUR GREAT YOUNG BACK LINE AND KEEP TURNER/CLARK/GOSIEWSKI/KELLY/NIELSEN/CHERRO/AND ROCHOW HEY LETS SIGN SUPERMAN DAVE TYRRELL FOR ANOTHER YEAR HEY DONT KNOWERS FUG ME....Shadow...

themacemaceman

Juniors
I have to say what I stated one more time. I hope you listen this time around. The production and productivity of Inglis and the Burgess Brothers has collapsed to a point where their Salary Cap numbers cannot be at all justified. Belichick and even Stephen Jones and Will McLay at Dallas they would have LET INGLIS LEAVE and then put the Burgess Brothers under notice that they are next. The Twins most likely would have been cut or at least one of them. The rubble at the lower end of the roster Tyrell Clark Turner Goodwin Talakai etc etc would be offered absolute minimum deals or let leave... most likely the latter. They would NOT be in the club's plans. What is then utilised is GOOD SCOUTING and signing new more productive players most of whom are salary Cap friendly. Now perhaps Burns Jennings Fuimaono et al are not very good - the jury is still out - but the quality of new players depends on the quality of scouting AND the Head Coach. It should be part of the HC job as HE has to prepare the team. It seems as though Maguire is a very poor judge of talent and building a roster.

I do hear you Greg and agree wholeheartedly in regards to the output of Inglis and the twins.
Unfortunately we are not in the NFL and it's not as easy to move somebody along who's not performing to their worth.

We can take a lot from the NFL But remember we have a salary cap. The NFL doesn't. And the way players are contracted is different.
It's probably a lot easier to find a new home for a player in a 53 man roster in one of 30 teams than finding a player a home in the NRL.
Players also have to want to be moved on if they are going elsewhere and then you can be still paying somebody to play against you like the tigers are.

There must also be some other poor judges of talent out there that chose some of the up and comers in Rep teams and under 20's teams of the year etc.

Not all these players make the transition to 1st grade as we know. But you not going to know unless you give them a crack.
Maybe we've just been unlucky to pick a bunch that are not going to go to the next level.

Travitoh

First Grade
I'm pretty sure the NFL does have a salary cap, it's MLB that is a free for all.

In NFL and most other American sports, teams don't trade players, they trade the contracts that the players are signed to. That is the main reason why player movement is a lot easier for the sides over there.

Travitoh

First Grade
I feel there is a development issue at Souths, we just don't seem to see any progress in players that play here.
I don't expect them all to turn into stars but how many players who had good first years at senior level have gone on to the next step?
AR has plateau'd after a season or two, Cam had to move away before showing improvement, AJ has if anything gone backwards.
Something is stunting the development of our players and the clubs needs to discover what it is before we fall further behind the pack

doyen

Bench
I feel there is a development issue at Souths, we just don't seem to see any progress in players that play here.
I don't expect them all to turn into stars but how many players who had good first years at senior level have gone on to the next step?
AR has plateau'd after a season or two, Cam had to move away before showing improvement, AJ has if anything gone backwards.
Something is stunting the development of our players and the clubs needs to discover what it is before we fall further behind the pack

What you say is very true.

The players are super-controlled,over programmed & reined in to the extent that their natural instincts are geniused.
Keary's cancer was removed & he is now playing his natural game. He is more relaxed within an environment that allows freedom of expression. He didn't enjoy this under Maguire. McInnes too seems more at home away from his Jnr club which is a crying shame!
We probably haven't ever seen the real AR either. What's his name--ADAM ROBOT!!

AJ has regressed,a lot------why is this so?? He was an International 2 yrs ago!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Latest posts