What's new
The Front Row Forums

Register a free account today to become a member of the world's largest Rugby League discussion forum! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Fans Say: WA Reds logo

Swamp

Juniors
I'd like to include some yellow, might need to rework the wordmark.

Thanks, tried to emphasize black and gold for WA.
Absolutely, that way more West Aussies will take a shine to the team outside of the rl diehards, which is what we want. A NRL team representing WA in it's traditional colours. How about a black jersey with the red & gold V?

Perth Red

Post Whore
Nice work Gaz, I like the bottom right logo best (but then I am sold on the old gold) and the Jerseys look good but there needs to be some strong differentation with the PNG national colours/jerselys which again is where the scarlet and old gold become important imo.

docbrown

Coach
Nice work Gaz, I like the bottom right logo best (but then I am sold on the old gold) and the Jerseys look good but there needs to be some strong differentation with the PNG national colours/jerselys which again is where the scarlet and old gold become important imo.

Yeah I'd still like to see Gaz's V jersey in the Scarlet and Old Gold.

GAZF

First Grade
Will work on this when I can, got a fair bit on this week over uni break.

GAZF

First Grade
Reworked the nose, mouth and ears. Crimson/Black/(something slightly lighter than) old gold.

NRL-PER-00d1.gif

NRL-PER-1d1.gif

docbrown

Coach
Very nice, I think it works better than that harsh yellow.

Could even drop the white shorts maybe.

Nuke

Staff member
I see the WARL have a new logo unveiling regarding the WA Reds this coming Wednesday. Does anyone know if it's a new WA Reds logo or a new 'WA Reds For The NRL' logo?

If it's a new WA Reds club logo, would anyone happen to know if they're using or even considering any of the logos in this thread?

Either way, I'm looking forward to seeing it ... whatever 'it' is!

GAZF

First Grade
Thanks mate, I've done some design work for smaller teams but nothing for the NRL.

IowaRL

Juniors
Thanks mate, I've done some design work for smaller teams but nothing for the NRL.

Pity. Did you charge for the small teams? We are still working on getting a decent kit (loaning one at the moment).

Back on topic, with the subliminal dye printing which seems popular, I wonder if there are metallic inks available, and how cost effective they are.

GAZF

First Grade
Pity. Did you charge for the small teams? We are still working on getting a decent kit (loaning one at the moment).

PM sent.

Back on topic, with the subliminal dye printing which seems popular, I wonder if there are metallic inks available, and how cost effective they are.

I think the issue is more that the substrate (material) needs to be reflective moreso than the inks. Metallic inks will look flat if printed on a matte material. Looking at the Storm "battle" jersey, they look like they have used a gradient to imitate a shiny metallic fabric.

Goldthorpe

Bench
I see the WARL have a new logo unveiling regarding the WA Reds this coming Wednesday. Does anyone know if it's a new WA Reds logo or a new 'WA Reds For The NRL' logo?

If it's a new WA Reds club logo, would anyone happen to know if they're using or even considering any of the logos in this thread?

Either way, I'm looking forward to seeing it ... whatever 'it' is!
Ahoy there, me hearties!

Extremely disappointing. the WARL need to improve a heck of a lot for the 'Pirates' to be successful!