What's new
The Front Row Forums

Register a free account today to become a member of the world's largest Rugby League discussion forum! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Fans vote to axe Langmack

Mr Angry

Not a Referee
Fans vote to axe Langmack
CAMERON BELL
30may04
AN online petition set up by furious Souths fans calling for the sacking of coach Paul Langmack has attracted 120 signatures.

Yesterday, club chief executive David Tapp said he was unaware of the petition – launched last week – while Langmack said fans were entitled to their opinion.

http://www.thesundaymail.news.com.au/common/story_page/0,5936,9691561%5E2764,00.html

120 - is that like every single Souths fan?

Na seriously 120, big frigin deal, how is that news really?
I actually feel for the guy, what is it with the media? Must claim a coach per season or they are not satisfied?
f**king disgrace.

skeepe

Immortal
I agree Mr Angry. How the hell do they think anyone else would be able to do better with the injury toll they have had this year. The only thing I think Langmack needs to do is settle on a half-back. Chopping and changing it every week only upsets any continuity the team may have had.

ibeme

First Grade
We've not yet had the opportunity to truely guage Langmack's coaching ability due to other circumstances affecting the team.

He doesn't exactly instil me with confidence when he speaks to the media, but that doesn't mean anything.

Johns Magic

Referee
Far out. Seriously, all these South's "fans" should stop acting like wankers. No coach would be able to do much with that playing roster and injury toll. If Langmack goes and gets and a good halfback for next season then they'll be set. But from watching the players and their body language, you can tell that half of them couldn't give a stuff. There's no pride in the jumper. That's South's real problem.

This is not an attack on South's fans in general, just on those petty few who would rather bag the coach than encourage the team.

Biglance

Bench
hadlee said that the most likely two replacements are Ivan Cleary and Chris Anderson

i think anderson would help souths they may get kimmorley

PARRA_FAN

Coach
Anderson wont do much better than Langmack, and plus its not all Langers fault, its the players he's got thats ordinary. He's not a good coach but it wouldnt be right to sack him mid-season.

Big Bunny

Juniors
Anderson is a good coach, but the record has shown that the young men under his guidance often turn into absolute morons without an ounce of integrity. In the current climate I feel that it would be negligent of the club to hire the man. I don't want him at Souths and I don't want a prime example of that arrogance in the form of Brett Kimmorley there either. Right now I'd prefer to see the team play poorly under Langmack or given a shot under another coach than to have Anderson come in and then turn the players into a bunch of halfwitted Willie Mason clones

Souths injury toll is very heavy indeed, but a quality coach would do better. You only need to read how Souths fans have been crying out since NRL kickoff for a few smarter team selections. Watts is safe under a high ball but doesn't know how to go forward or break a tackle, Peters has no kicking game currently and relies upon Fleticher to provide smart offloads, Hookey is at centre even though he passes without knowing where his man is and has incredibly poor ball security. If he is to stay he should be at wing. Change just those 3 positions and already the team looks a lot more likely to score tries and when the forward return from injury, all the better. Langmack eventually gets to the line with his decisions, but its always much too late. I'm tired of seeing an NRL team be the testing ground for a coach who is still learning the ropes.

Raider_69

Post Whore
there is only so much a coach can do if their playing roster is generally 2nd rate and then add a gazillion injuries onto of that

give yesterdays zero a fair go

nqboy

First Grade
I heard Wok say that Joe Williams made a fair debut at half for a young kid in a heavily beaten team. Anyone care to comment?

DIEHARD

----
I can't believe it made it as a story in the Courier Mail up here in Brisbane. With such a spreading title I thought it was massive. Maybe thousands of signitures. 120 is nothing. 20 of them are probably the author's email alias' anyway.

nqboy

First Grade
nqboy said:
I heard Wok say that Joe Williams made a fair debut at half for a young kid in a heavily beaten team. Anyone care to comment?

Never mind, I found the thread about this.

Southernsaint

Staff member
Big Deal. If these "supporters" actually rocked up to games...

Now, if the members of the Football club can get enough signatures to force an extraordinary general meeting, that's another kettle of fish entirely...

Cheers,
Ben S.

Mr Angry

Not a Referee
120 people spoke.
The board acted.
I would hope this had nothing to do with it. :|
Time for a chook raffle to solve all the problems.