What's new
The Front Row Forums

Register a free account today to become a member of the world's largest Rugby League discussion forum! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Fantasy league for 2013

Agent Smith

Juniors
Hi oh, I want to get myself and some mates into a fantasy football league for 2013. We will play for cash, so can you experts suggest a few good ones? Cheers lads.

hardbaby

Coach
There is really only 3 good options - the sites run through the dailytelegraph (Super Coach), nrl website (Dream Team) and foxsports (Fox Fantasy).

Super Coach is the most intricate site but some of the fun has been taken away by Sangsta's blogs. He provides so much information to the punters it evens the playing field a fair bit. It's a bit annoying.

Dream Team is very similar but has the advantage of not providing anywhere near as much expert analysis so you need to do your own. This is probably the best site if you are playing for money. Your mates won't be able to scab all the info online but will need to do their own homework.

Fox Fantasy is a far more simple version of the game and involves less analysis, more luck. It's a good game for people who want to have a crack but don't necessarily want to spend 10 hours per week on it. Not so good for footy fanatics.

Note that there are significant changes to the scoring and salary caps in all versions in 2013. No site has got it right yet but it is getting better. Sadly I think you'll find that Supercoach and Dream Team get even more similar next year.

some11

Referee
Just to give you an idea of how many play each:

SuperCoach - 125,000
Dream Team - 105,000
Fox Fantasy - 65,000

SuperCoach is the best in my opinion but there are several changes coming next year like hardbaby said that might make it similar to DT.

Mig2006

Juniors
I'm biased but nrlceo.com is totally different to any of the ones mentioned above and if you have a few of mates who are keen and committed - it is your go!

Mig2006

Juniors
The scoring system is simple and is easy to follow at any stage of the round - players don't get points for scratching their butt or making 5 ineffective tackles - put it that way!

If you want to find out what NRLCEO is about, the rules are on the site www.nrlceo.com and are easily accessible.

The beauty of it is that no two teams in your competition can have the same player - once you recruit a player, they are yours and yours only until you terminate their contract or trade them to another team.

NRLCEO works best in a private competition where the coaches know each other but there are also Legends of League Public Competitions where each champion goes into the following year's Champions League.

And it's FREE.

great_head

Juniors
Just to give you an idea of how many play each:

SuperCoach - 125,000
Dream Team - 105,000
Fox Fantasy - 65,000

SuperCoach is the best in my opinion but there are several changes coming next year like hardbaby said that might make it similar to DT.

??
Dreamteam had 127,328
supercoach had 125,490

they are both real similar. i prefer Dreamteam because of the eliminator mode, and sanga's tips made almost all the teams in my league basically the same.
changes this yr will be interesting.

hardbaby

Coach
??
Dreamteam had 127,328
supercoach had 125,490

they are both real similar. i prefer Dreamteam because of the eliminator mode, and sanga's tips made almost all the teams in my league basically the same.
changes this yr will be interesting.

Agreed but Supercoach will have an eliminator equivalent next year. They are also adapting stats like tackle busts so they will be even more similar in 2013!

That's why I like the fox version as well. At least it's different and I can make my trades with about 30 minutes of thought/research instead of 6 hours.