What's new
The Front Row Forums

Register a free account today to become a member of the world's largest Rugby League discussion forum! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Farah and thoughts on him...

I think he is the premier hooker in the game and NRL MVP.

But I cant stand his bitching and whinging and surly attitude and poor 'gamesmanship' milking penalties. Undoubtably played a big role in Sheens' demise and now named as the one shafting Potter.

Ive never met the guy but he strikes me as a selfish, arrogant bitch always angling for what is best for Robbie.

Just my thoughts.

Wondering what others think about him.

TYGA

Juniors
Strong leader acting as player coach refer to results when he doesn't play.

Media bias from Johns/FOX against him has been for some time. I strongly believe his cultural heritage plays against him in NRL circles which, is a real shame. Johns is ill informed and has little credibility and or standing in the community.

Potter Could be similar to Stuart at the Roosters (Fittler captain coach) Hagan at Newcastle (Johns captain coach). It was reported he didnt attend Fulton's farewell which, would tick off senior player in particular.

I believe Farah needs to Trust Potter more and get over the fact his coach is not a world beater and our club is generally a battler.

BuffaloRules

Coach
He has been openly critical of Potter over player selections... Something I think all of the regulat contributors here have been this season.

I couldnt care less what type of character Farah is off the field... But on the field he shows determination and a win at all costs mentality ... I wish the other 16 blokes with him on any given weekend displayed the same attitude.

Tiger05

First Grade
I have no idea what he is like as a person but I think he has been great for us this year.

I never understood all the fantasy stories that surrounded Benji because he never came across like that at all. I'm not going to believe the crap going around about Farah as well.

Matchball

Bench
I don't like listening to him speak. He is constantly on the defensive in interviews.
The interview that seals this deal for me was the one last week when Farah said he has been bugging Potter for weeks about playing Moses. The look on Potters face tells me they aren't close whatsoever.

God-King Dean

Immortal
Strong leader acting as player coach refer to results when he doesn't play.

Media bias from Johns/FOX against him has been for some time. I strongly believe his cultural heritage plays against him in NRL circles which, is a real shame. Johns is ill informed and has little credibility and or standing in the community.

Potter Could be similar to Stuart at the Roosters (Fittler captain coach) Hagan at Newcastle (Johns captain coach). It was reported he didnt attend Fulton's farewell which, would tick off senior player in particular.

I believe Farah needs to Trust Potter more and get over the fact his coach is not a world beater and our club is generally a battler.

What do you base this on?

Pezz70

Juniors
I t was reported he didnt attend Fulton's farewell which, would tick off senior player in particular.

Maybe there was a valid reason, if not it is very concerning and suggests an unhealthy club. Granted there are always going to be personalities at work, but professionalism should trump most quibbles, and a function like this for a club stalwart is a compulsory event for all involved especially the leadership , coach included .

madunit

Super Moderator
Staff member
I see him clearly as a bloke who is driven by the desire to succeed.

All his decisions, comments, beliefs, behaviour stems from that. Good and bad.

gordsy

Juniors
Great player but is guilty of the Paul Gallen I'll fix everything syndrome on the field. Thinks he runs the club and needs to be told to pull his head in off the field.

TYGA

Juniors
WT forum posted Kidwell will be announced as coach after 2moro's game.
It sound like the biggest beat up of all time we are a real shot to get back into the finals and this rubbish.

I hate to say it but the WT RL club are a pack of muppets.

What I don't like is the press sticking a microphone or phone in a players face and ask them to comment at certain times. It's not fair on the player and/or the club.

Example, Manly over the past week or two.
Tigers and Farah in particular this week.
Gallan last year re ASADA

Too many grub journalists who are happy to say what they think to sell a paper rather than getting the truth.

On the footy show on Thursday night they were talking about Boyd, Brett Finch got fired up and said something about someone in the press calling Boyd (I think) a grub. Finch said something like, most people think the same of this journalist, or something similar. I immediately thought of 3 people. Weidler, Hadley and Rothfield. Funny that 2 of them are working at 9 like Finch.

Back to Farah, love the fact that he puts in 110% every time he plays and do not want to believe that he or his manager may be the ones not supporting Potter. If he is found to be the one, I'd let him go.

Players just need to train and play hard and stay out of the office politics.

Players also need to be put in place re, working in the real world.
You don't get senior managers (senior players) having a say in the selection of a new CEO, CFO, CIO (the coach)

b.bear

Juniors
After todays result cant help but think that all the Bullsh#t thats been goin on behind the scenes has affected the team especially the younger guys .

And part of that distraction is KING MAKER ROBBIE who everyone knows has been the main agitator in the club for years .what a prima donna

Knobbie because that is what he is being ,he has to much say on what goes on around the club and it is to the detriment of our younger players what a wanker .

His head grown like a weed since origin and it is very disappointing.

ps
This isnt the first person Robbie has had a part in getting rid