What's new
The Front Row Forums

Register a free account today to become a member of the world's largest Rugby League discussion forum! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Farah and thoughts on him...

Matchball

Bench
He was ordinary last night. Terrible 5th play options.
I don't think we should have him as captain next year.
He isn't mature enough to lead us and he cracks under pressure because of the immaturity.

He needs to be replaced and made to earn it back. Make him hungry again.

Mr_Raditch

Juniors
Who would be your choice for captain Matchball? Not having a dig, just genuinely interested. We're not exactly flush with candidates.

Matchball

Bench
Who would be your choice for captain Matchball? Not having a dig, just genuinely interested. We're not exactly flush with candidates.

I'm not sure who to replace him but Farah isn't doing the job. The last month proves it and last night was the final straw.
I'd would have thought Fulton if he wasn't retired. Woods Maybe too young but it's refreshing.

I'm sorry but my respect for him has dwindled and he needs to earn it back.
Maybe a stint in therapy to control his emotions will do the trick.

gronkathon

First Grade
Farah could hand Lawrence the captaincy but the merkin would probably drop it and tear a hammy reaching out for a fumbling second grab which he would also drop

madunit

Super Moderator
Staff member
I think Woods will be a very good captain and I'd like to see him next year as co-captain with Farah with a view to making Woods the captain in Farah's last 2 seasons, so that Robbie can just play his game and the new players get accustomed to Woods running the show.

madunit

Super Moderator
Staff member
Flu or no flu I expected to see the skipper see out the final 15 minutes of the game with HIS troops and endure the humiliating loss and continue to lead.

He is after all a big reason we are in this mess.
How is he a big reason we are in this mess?

Is he injuring his team mates?
Did he sell his team mates to other clubs mid season
Is he the defence coach?

Please.

gronkathon

First Grade
I know it is only NYC (though he has replicated in NSW Cup) but the drive Cherrington provided for his side out of DH really showed how lacklustre Farah has been in attack

madunit

Super Moderator
Staff member
Cherrington reminds very much of what Farah once was.

It's worth noting, that Farah is still able of performing with the same drive and speed, he's not over the hill yet.

I know it's not easy to keep busting you arse when the season is gone, but by f**k, as captain, you just have to.

Not saying farah has thrown in the towel, but he has dropped off his game a fair bit over the past 4 weeks.

Farah in form is still a gun no doubt
100% spot on which makes me think of a few things.
did he pick up some minor niggle in the SOO?
is he still 'down' after the crap that went on?
they know their season is over, have Potter and Farah decided to hand the on field running of the show to Brooks for experience sake?

Thank heavens though that he still makes the number of tackles that he does,

Matchball

Bench
Farah won origin and should stand down from future origin duties to concentrate on club duties.
He is starting to remind me of Paul Gallen. Origin before club.

He has nothing left to prove at origin level so let's just concentrate on club. Please.

magpie guy

Juniors
How many tackles did Farah make last night? How many penalties were given away by other players? How many passes did he drop?

Its a bit hard to win a game on your own when the blokes around you just aren't making tackles.

How is he a big reason we are in this mess?

Is he injuring his team mates?
Did he sell his team mates to other clubs mid season
Is he the defence coach?

Please.

This mess started four weeks ago.

The board made the initial mistake with Potter's 'sacking' and it would have been over with in 48 hours had Farah not carried on with how offended he was with the implication of him being driving force behind it and dragging it out for two weeks missing training, running away from media across the paddock, scheduling tell all interview with Nine that was almost two weeks after the initial board mistake.

He alone dragged this past its used by date and created continued disharmony.

He turned a potentially explosive situation into an explosive situation through a lack of leadership. A leader with more class would have controlled the situation.

Cherrington reminds very much of what Farah once was.

It's worth noting, that Farah is still able of performing with the same drive and speed, he's not over the hill yet.

I know it's not easy to keep busting you arse when the season is gone, but by f**k, as captain, you just have to.

Not saying farah has thrown in the towel, but he has dropped off his game a fair bit over the past 4 weeks.

He has almost thrown in the towel and is doing the bare minimum making his tackles coming up with f**k all attackng stats or running the ball. Looks like he just doesnt care a the moment.

I think he is the best hooker in the game but the effort or leadership isnt there at the moment.

Yes he made 40 tackles but that is a consequence of 80 minutes on the field and Dogs ruck use and possession.

Matchball

Bench
How many tackles did Farah make last night? How many penalties were given away by other players? How many passes did he drop?

Its a bit hard to win a game on your own when the blokes around you just aren't making tackles.

I touched on this in another thread.
More than half of Farahs tackles come from second man flops. Hardly doing the hard stuff compared to say Woods.
Watch the replay.

madunit

Super Moderator
Staff member
Here you go, this is Farah's performances in every stat field for 2014. The colours define how he has performed against his season average for each match

Farah_zpsb9ac519b.jpg

Matchball

Bench
Wow. Since Gordon called him out he has gone soft.
What about his dummy half running. Either tanking or injured physically/emotionally.