What's new
The Front Row Forums

Register a free account today to become a member of the world's largest Rugby League discussion forum! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Farah to the halves???

Rabbits20

Immortal
If we are to go with one HOOKER it should be FARAH---he is one of the smartest organisers & operators in the game;a confident talker on field!! Quick between the ears is the most important attribute for a No.9!!!!
You're giving me a good laugh.......

Thanks Doyen, it's the best medicine as they say......

Look what you started Southy, the Cookie hating vultures are out............

I don't know of anyone at all who doesn't rate him except a small few on this forum....

If our club lets just say did a survey it'd be at least 75percent that'd prefer Cookie..... I'd put money in it.....

southsport

First Grade
You're giving me a good laugh.......

Thanks Doyen, it's the best medicine as they say......

Look what you started Southy, the Cookie hating vultures are out............

I don't know of anyone at all who doesn't rate him except a small few on this forum....

If our club lets just say did a survey it'd be at least 75percent that'd prefer Cookie..... I'd put money in it.....

It's all my fault!!!

Souths Till I Die

First Grade
I would be very very surprised if Farah was our number 9 round 1.

At the end of this season Farah's time with the Rabbitohs is almost 100% coming to an end. It makes very little sense to have Farah playing at such a crucial position this year when he won't be here next year. Cook should get first chance as an 80 minute hooker.

Tbh the way I see Farah fitting in is at lock for about 20 minutes per game giving Murray a break. Say 10 minutes before and 10 minutes after half time. Ultimately this means Turner misses out on the 17 if Seibold does go this way.

Last edited:

doyen

Bench
I hope people on here don't believe that Cookie will perform in the real world of being a full-time starter in a long term role--he won't!!
He's an expert at the end of season cameos which mean zilch!
Wherever Cookie's been or wherever Cookie goes he will always be trying desperately to hold down a 1st grade spot. He's just NOT good enough to do that!!

themacemaceman

Juniors
I'm not sold on either Cook or Farah personally.
I was in the Farah camp at the beginning of last season, leaning towards Cook now.
I think we will see both again in the role throughout the season but one in first grade and one at the Bears.

Rabbits20

Immortal
I hope people on here don't believe that Cookie will perform in the real world of being a full-time starter in a long term role--he won't!!
He's an expert at the end of season cameos which mean zilch!
Wherever Cookie's been or wherever Cookie goes he will always be trying desperately to hold down a 1st grade spot. He's just NOT good enough to do that!!
This is where I'm confused on your thoughts Doyen.....

It's contradictory to me....

You say you want free flowing footy and not just structured shit.........

Farah doesn't play free flowing........ he plays structured and pretty predictable.....

Whereas Cookie skips out of dummy half and you don't which way he will go or whether he will throw the dummy or if he will step or if he will link up with a big forward....... Cookie gets quicker play the balls too off his darts allowing us to get the ball out wider from his momentum.......

I already posted stats on here for last season re them both and it what was clear to see...... do I need to post them again to state the obvious???????

Exsilium

First Grade
Great long passing game for your outside backs. Good service and speed.

Dumb footballer though. Often chooses the wrong option.

Played plenty of seven at the tigers but behind a decent pack wouldnt be that bad.

Rabbits20

Immortal
Just look when we played St George in round 22 or whatever it was......

Cookie outplayed Mctortoise Doyen's favourite by a country mile........

That's as Mcturtle doesn't have a running game and is only a defensive hooker....

Cook was much quicker on his feet than Mcturtle.........

Rabbits20

Immortal
Farah is past it now........ too slow.......

Rumours were he stifled our halves too as he goes the opposite way.....

callmack1

Staff member
Cook all the way! We just look so much better with him and if we want to play a more attacking style and be successful Cookie is the only way to go. He will only get better in the future too.

Rabbits20

Immortal
Here we go.........

I knew this was coming at $1.01 cent.

I'm not biting into such stupidity.......

Latest posts