What's new
The Front Row Forums

Register a free account today to become a member of the world's largest Rugby League discussion forum! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Farah won't tame temper

Spank

Juniors
WESTS Tigers hooker Robbie Farah admits he's let his frustrations boil over as he and his club fight for form.

But Farah, who has declared his ambition to take over the Tigers captaincy next year, says he won't temper his aggression as he tries to lead the club back into NRL finals contention.
A fiery Farah has recently been involved in two slanging matches with Roosters prop Mark O'Meley and Brisbane hooker Michael Ennis, with the latter duel escalating into push and shove in the scrum.
Today Farah will come up against Warriors hooker Ian Henderson and The Sunday Telegraph has offered the Tigers rake some early inspiration if he wants to launch any verbal barbs.
Farah said his "angry head" had nothing to do with personal rivalries, more to do with the Tigers losing three of their past four matches.
"Losing doesn't help, and myself not in the best of form at the moment, it all kind of builds up," Farah said.
"When you're losing, your frustration comes out in games, but I don't think that's a bad thing. I think it's a good characteristic to be competitive."
However, Tigers coach Tim Sheens and assistant Royce Simmons have urged their star rake to bite his lip and not let sledging take control of his game.
"It's in his nature, he's a competitor," Sheens said.
"I worked with one of the best (sledgers) in Ricky Stuart. But to sledge and keep your game together is hard ... it can sidetrack you from your game and if you're not careful it can control you."
Farah said he had taken a while to get going after missing five matches because of a back injury.
Teams have been clearly targeting him in defence, with Farah leading the tackle count in five of the six games since his return. Against the Roosters, Farah made 61 tackles.
While Farah said his back was holding strong, he has had to modify his training to manage the injury.
"Teams have definitely been testing me out a bit, I've been making a fair few tackles and (my back) seems to be holding up pretty well," Farah said. "The hardest thing is you can't do too much extra fitness during the week to try to get yourself match fit.
"I've been making a fair few tackles, I think I've got to work on my fitness a bit to still have that kick when we've got the ball." While Farah has benched talk of representative ambitions, he has revealed his goal to succeed Brett Hodgson as captain next season.

Taken from Fox Sports