What's new
The Front Row Forums

Register a free account today to become a member of the world's largest Rugby League discussion forum! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Farcical Footy show with Johns

Johns Magic

Referee
as for Newcastle... they knew this time was comming, why do you think they brought the hugely talented Steve Witt over from Paramatta.

Unfortunately everyone bar the Knights coaching staff has come to the conclusion that Steve Witt is a passenger. If he is our future, then we will not win many games at all for the next few seasons.

shiznit

Coach
hes just behing a weak pack thats all. i bet if he went to another club he would become a superstar. of all the young halves at the moment, he is the most complete ive seen

syphon

Juniors
ngunity said:
If Johns feeds Unions fire he will deflate League, bolster Union,
I really cant see why this is an issue for him. He's not going to make his decision to appease the zealots out there who are so one eyed they cant even appreciate the spectacle of a RUWC Final (like he can). He's given the game of RL some of its best memories during his career, yet this is how he is repaid.

It really is a blight on the supporters, not Johns.

syphon said:
ngunity said:
I really cant see why this is an issue for him. He's not going to make his decision to appease the zealots out there who are so one eyed they cant even appreciate the spectacle of a RUWC Final (like he can). He's given the game of RL some of its best memories during his career, yet this is how he is repaid.

Totally agree.

Apart from screwing the knights around a bit.. Which i am annoyed with, being a knights fan.. I dont know why everyone else is so worked up.. Probably the fact that they are jealous of his success with the knights and want him to play for them..

syphon

Juniors
greeneyed said:
Honestly, union is trying to overtake our code.... are we really going to be nice and just let it pass? Do you think in Melbourne people would say... oh it would be great if .. James Hird goes to soccer as it would be a new challenge for him and we would really like to see how he goes in it .... I can't believe how naive some people are.
They had some player convert and play NFL, and they were forever plugging the guy and wishing him all the best and he went on to be one of the best players in the NFL. yeah its not a sport next door like RU is, but it does serve to highlight and contrast the mentality of some of the supporters on here.

Razor

Coach
he went on to be one of the best players in the NFL

The player went as a punter. No other position. When you list the best NFL players the punters are always near the bottom. They don't do anything except punt the ball and kick field goals. He isn't close to the best player in the NFL

And Johns won't go to Union. Very, very confident on that.

syphon

Juniors
Chicken_Hunter said:
Apart from screwing the knights around a bit.. Which i am annoyed with, being a knights fan.. I dont know why everyone else is so worked up.. Probably the fact that they are jealous of his success with the knights and want him to play for them..
Youre right to feel peeved with him delaying his decision creating indecision with regards the knights and the player market, but for all non-knights supporters laying into him for even considering switching.. it really is quite sickening to see. To hate and wish a person physical harm because they play union is just pathetic, not to mention selfish in the extreme. Johns has done more for the game than these armchair bigots ever will.

syphon said:
Chicken_Hunter said:
Youre right to feel peeved with him delaying his decision creating indecision with regards the knights and the player market, but for all non-knights supporters laying into him for even considering switching.. it really is quite sickening to see. To hate and wish a person physical harm because they play union is just pathetic, not to mention selfish in the extreme. Johns has done more for the game than these armchair bigots ever will.

haha you are expressing exactly what i want to say.. Well done.

rugged

Juniors
I hope he takes up the challenge to be better than Johnny at union.

He will be an even bigger media star than he is now as everyone will be watching how he goes. So he won't have any problems with a media job after he retires.

Big-Steve

Juniors
NPK said:
He said he wants a new challenge.

How about joining one of the lower NRL teams and trying to get a premiership with that team - that would be a challenge!gh

Believe it or not this has been sugested by Singo to North Sydney!!!

Along the lines that he play next year with Norths then join the CC Bears the year after.

It's was really in jest but I was very interested to hear that it was suggested :)

Matt23

Staff member
He only has to run and pass the ball, to better then that overachieving little nancy boy, Wilkinson #-o

ngunity

Juniors
syphon said:
ngunity said:

I see what your getting at; all of my arguments are based on the good of Rugby League, never from AJ's perspective

So let me see AJ could certainly enjoy new challenges, and if he happens to like the game Union then good for him, I can't see the attraction to the actual code itself #-o. Money is now not a deciding factor either way so his decision should come down to the challenges, lifestyle, and enjoyment he can have from either sport
I don't prophess to know AJ so I'm buggered if I know what he'll do

Let's not forget about loyalty to institutions altogether though. Players like Terry Lamb, and more recently Gordon Tallis have made big monetary sacrifices for their clubs in the past

Johns as an ambassador of League stands to badly damage League by leaving it (giving coverage, credibilty and interest to it's rival). And his actions have made the Knights time hell trying to retain all the other guys on their squad

My stance is Johns owes it to the Knights and League to not spit in either institutions eye by either hurting their player negotiations, or going to it's major Rival. It will take more than a modicum of selfishness to leave Leaguel; that's the price he pays for being such a big part of League.

syphon

Juniors
Sure its great when players show loyalty to clubs, but they should never be held to ransom on this.

IMO he doesnt owe league anything, and nor does league owe him. They both worked hand in hand and gained so much of each other. To suggest it is all one sided (Johns the full beneficiary) is BS. He worked his arse off during his whole career to play the dazzling football, win stunning premierships, memorable origin series etc. He has done more for RL in the past decade than arguably any other player, yet to recieve so much vitriole for making a decision in his best interest really does say something about the supporters of the game, and it's not good.

JK

IMO he doesnt owe league anything, and nor does league owe him.

I don't think like this. The player and the code have a duty to each other, that is why I am so annoyed at flegg players being cut when they have knees screw up, or a clubman being forced out through the salary cap, etc.

Loyalty is fundamental in a tribal game like league.

Kaz

junior
Joey made me laugh saying he doesn't like the media attention.

He is a media tart.

Just come out & say what you are doing.

Having Joey on the show, completed the freak show.

Anonymous

Juniors
MO he doesnt owe league anything, and nor does league owe him. They both worked hand in hand and gained so much of each other.

If Johns had never had league, he'd be a nobody. If League had never had Johns...who gives a shit.

We won't miss him as a player. It's a kick in the guts to league. The game has made him what he is, developed him into the player he is. To leave without any thought to the damage he is doing to the code, the knights and the people of Newcastle is disgusting.

Even Shane Webke who is normally very reserved has said stuff along those lines. If Johns leaves it will confirm everything i've ever thought about him. As the Goran Ivanisavich said (about John Mcenroe) "He is a great player, but as a person, who cares?"

Anonymous

Juniors
syphon said:
To suggest it is all one sided (Johns the full beneficiary) is BS. He worked his arse off during his whole career to play the dazzling football, win stunning premierships, memorable origin series etc.

Bullshit. Whenever I run on to the field to play a game of league, I think how much I love the game, and how much I owe the game just being able to play it.

Johns got to do that as a career. Playing a game and earning 400k a year. Don't give me shit about having to work his arse off (he obviously hasn't worked it off :lol:). People would PAY to have the moments he has had. He is being paid to live those moments. I think he's been given a hell of a lot by the game, a hell of lot more than one man could pay back.

BOOMARSH

Juniors
COME ON LEAGUIES...LETS FACE IT WHEN A SHIP IS SINKING LOOK FOR THE NEAREST LIFERAFT...AS FOR JOHNS OWING LEAGUE, ITS LEAGUE THAT OWE ITS CREDITORS....I AM THINKING BULL RIDING COULD POP UP AS THE NEXT MAJOR CHALLENGER FOR TV RIGHTS :) GET OVER YOURSELFS AND YOUR GAME 8)

BOOMARSH

Juniors
THE FACT IS LEAGUE IS NOT CHALLENGING ENOUGH....YOU CANT STOP THE GOOD PLAYERS FROM WANTING TO BETTER THEMSELVES... :lol:

Dude, you've made two posts and you're already a chance at the "Webtard of the year" award.

If a challenge is changing to a sport where he can play 10 games a year and have no fear of being injured, then Union could be considered a challenge. In reality tiddlywinks would be more of a challenge for Joey than Union.

Johns is playing it for all it's worth.

If you're going Joey, just piss off.

Latest posts