What's new
The Front Row Forums

Register a free account today to become a member of the world's largest Rugby League discussion forum! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Farewell Parramatta Stadium - thanks for the memories..........

ash411

Bench
It was a rude thing to do, but then again, we were trying to list/watch the concert for free... It was weird watching the back of the big screen, with Paul being right handed...

forward pass

Coach
Former Eels boss Denis Fitzgerald was among the largest crowd to attend a game at the stadium – 27,243 – when the Eels took on South Sydney on August 17, 1986.

“The first game against St George was one of my highlights, as well as being in the record crowd in 1986 against South Sydney,” Fitzgerald said.

“The farewell games for the likes of Steve Price and Mick Cronin in 1986 as well as the farewells for Nathan Hindmarsh and Nathan Cayless were emotional days, saying farewell to one-club heroes.”

Actually Hindmarsh's last game was moved to ANZ but I take his point.

Also that game against Souths was a beauty - I was there. It was a spiteful game and I remember Mario Fenech being sin binned but virtually refusing to leave the field. I think Sterlo was sent as well !!

I bleed blue & gold

First Grade
So many great memories. Some obscure games from the last few years.

- Parra V Titans in 2011 when Shackleton grabbed the ball from a Burt bomb to win it on the bell for us.

- Parra V Manly in 2012 when Roberts had a blinder.

- Parra V Raiders in 2009 when Grothe scored in the corner to win IIRC. We were down a few points.

Last Week

Bench
“The farewell games for the likes of Steve Price and Mick Cronin in 1986 as well as the farewells for Nathan Hindmarsh and Nathan Cayless wereemotional days, saying farewell to one-club heroes."

Um.

ParraSteve

Juniors
Paul Carige 80m solo try v knights

Ben Kusto leading the team to a win v the panthers

Clinton schifcofske forgetting the rules and tipping back a kick that was going to go out on the 40 metre line only for the other team to pick it up and score

Coming from behind to beat the cows and warriors in 04 from memory

Beating the tigers 16 15 in the early 90s

hineyrulz

Post Whore
Maybe he could sing while driving the truck and have our cheerleaders throw snacks from the truck into the crowd.
Maybe just the cheer girls and the snacks???

I reckon him singing would probably cost us a couple of thousand through the gate.

forward pass

Coach
Was it 2014 when Benji kicked a field goal on halftime to make the score 25 nil? Tigers scored again in 2nd half to make it 31 nil.

We then scored 5 tries in 15 or so minutes to lose 31 - 30 because of that stupid field goal. Would have been the biggest comeback in NRL history.

beagle

Juniors
Was it 2014 when Benji kicked a field goal on halftime to make the score 25 nil? Tigers scored again in 2nd half to make it 31 nil.

We then scored 5 tries in 15 or so minutes to lose 31 - 30 because of that stupid field goal. Would have been the biggest comeback in NRL history.

Round 8, 2012. Tigers lead 19-0 at halftime, and yes we scored 5 tries in the last 15 minutes.