What's new
The Front Row Forums

Register a free account today to become a member of the world's largest Rugby League discussion forum! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Fargo (TV Series)

Someone

Bench
missed all the hype when this first came out, acquired it recently after seeing snippets on foxtel.

I have watched the first episode...

I really didn't expect that much to happen that quickly so it will be interesting to see how it holds that intensity. but loving it so far.

hineyrulz

Post Whore
Finally got around to watching the show, 8 episodes in and it's fantastic. Billy Bob and martin Freeman are brilliant.

PJ

First Grade
I'm really enjoying it.

Great acting, though I find Freeman's accent hit and miss.

Timbo

Staff member
The season two teaser trailer has been doing the rounds on the web, but it appears to have been pulled down off of YouTube and I can't find it anywhere else online any more.

I saw it, didn't really do anything for me to be honest. Hoping it was yanked for that exact reason and the next version is better. I really loved season 1.

elyod138

Bench
Season 2 looks amazing so far IMO.

There are heaps of different teasers floating around.

The cast is brilliant.

Timbo

Staff member
I'm developing a theory about Jesse Plemons character. For it to work we need to pretend that series 2 is set in the present day, not the 70s. So just roll with me here.

Landry Clarke was born in Dillon, Texas where he grows up to be an intelligent young man and plays for both the Dillon Panthers and East Dillon Lions football teams, being the star kicker on the latter

He is always haunted by the murder he committed in self defence of his one true love, Tyra Collette. Even though he is not charged with a crime he is unable to forgive himself for the event and rationalizes it only due to his love of Tyra.

However, upon learning during a trip home from college that Tyra has gotten back together with her high school boyfriend Tim Riggins, and feeling lost when his best friend Matt Saracen moves to Chicago with his now-fiancé Julie Taylor, Landry leaves, heartbroken.

Resolved that noone from his former life tracks him down, he picks a spot on the map at random - Luverne, Minnesota - and selects at random from the phone book a name that he helps will let him blend in: Ed Blomquist.

Landry settles in and adjusts. He becomes a butcher and meets a girl named Peggy. But one night Peggy accidently strikes a violent criminal with her car. When he is revealed to be alive in their garage, Landry once again finds himself having to kill for the woman he loves.

The events that transpire are brutal and bloody. Eventually this causes Landry to have a full psychotic break, and he gets in his car and starts driving.

When he finally runs out of petrol, Landry is so far gone he doesn't even remember who he is. Looking around, he discovers he is back in the South-West, except this time he is in Albuquerque, New Mexico. Landry adopts the name Todd and starts doing menial jobs to get by.

He is eventually spotted by the leader of a group of Neo-Nazis named Jack. Jack, seeing his now broken mind and recognizing this would make him easy to control, convinces him that he is his uncle and that Landry is a member of his gang.

Landry enthusiastically participates, becoming a meth cook and cold blooded killer with the mind of a child. This continues until Jack and his gang are killed by master criminal Walter White, and Landry himself is killed by Walters offsider, Jesse Pinkman.

Thus ends the sad tale of Landry Clarke.

elyod138

Bench
Latest episode is possibly the best of both seasons so far.

Just been renewed for season 3 too.

ek999

First Grade
For those that have access to all regions on Netflix, you can watch all of season 1 and season 2 as the episodes are released in pretty much every European region

Latest posts