What's new
The Front Row Forums

Register a free account today to become a member of the world's largest Rugby League discussion forum! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Fatfita vs. Flanno (claims it was actually Dymock)

Omnishark2

Juniors
That cretin Kent can't help himself ... it was a non-story to begin with, there was a discussion to resolve it yesterday between the coach & Fifita so they've already moved on ... yet Kent just can't let his pathological obsession with Fifita go.

For a real journalist's take on the story, read Andrew Webster in the SMH today.

JokerEel

Coach
That cretin Kent can't help himself ... it was a non-story to begin with, there was a discussion to resolve it yesterday between the coach & Fifita so they've already moved on ... yet Kent just can't let his pathological obsession with Fifita go.

For a real journalist's take on the story, read Andrew Webster in the SMH today.

Andrew Webster is just as hopeless as Kenty.... But you only brought him up due to the fluff piece he wrote on Cronulla unlike Kent who has gone in the other direction..

Plus if its a non story it would have not gone any further than it should have Saturday night... Webster is writing about it in a positive spin so its still a story..

JokerEel

Coach
I think swearing in ear shot of thousand of viewers, including children is a bigger story than waving your arms around like a lunatic.

I would say they are 2 very different stories... TV Beeped Thurston or should have but it still not something you want to kids to see and replicate.

Same as Fatfitas attitude towards his head coach you dont want kids imitating that or even his team mates. If he can do that to your head coach and get away with it what is that showing his team mates about respect..

no name

Coach
I would say they are 2 very different stories... TV Beeped Thurston or should have but it still not something you want to kids to see and replicate.

Same as Fatfitas attitude towards his head coach you dont want kids imitating that or even his team mates. If he can do that to your head coach and get away with it what is that showing his team mates about respect..
How is live TV supposed to beep Thurston out?
Respect for the coach is important, I think respect for the officials is more important.
Also what did he 'get away with'?

JokerEel

Coach
How is live TV supposed to beep Thurston out?
Respect for the coach is important, I think respect for the officials is more important.
Also what did he 'get away with'?

I dunno thought they beeped it out the other night on fox? Respect is respect you either show it or you don't both players did not..

Getting away with it - Lying to the media saying he was pointing at someone else when that said someone else was not even in the box...

no name

Coach
I dunno thought they beeped it out the other night on fox? Respect is respect you either show it or you don't both players did not..

Getting away with it - Lying to the media saying he was pointing at someone else when that said someone else was not even in the box...
Yeah he really got away with it. We haven't heard boo since.......

no name

Coach
That was just some competitive talking.
Swearing at ref to an audience of thousands = competitive
Firing up after scoring an important try = disrespectful grub

Fifita is knucklehead, but he gets way too much shit for some of the stuff he does while others glide straight through to the keeper.
Neither were a huge story, but Thurston should have copped more flack than Fifita.

hrundi99

First Grade
Thurston's 3 f/s words weren't beeped on Fox. I'd suggest the ref felt like he didn't want to bin him on his 3rd last game, and I don't blame him.

It was a bit OTT from JT though.

Life's Good

Coach

I agree that you don't want players carrying on like that towards the coach. It's not a good look however, in terms of respect, its up to Flanno to pull Fifita back into line(or maybe not because he operates better that way, who knows).
The only reason this story has got legs is because Gus hasn't approached another coach..... yet.

AJB1102

First Grade

Really? Who is the bald Tongan gentleman on Flanigan's right then?

And since when do you have to be honest to the f**king media anyway?

JokerEel

Coach
Really? Who is the bald Tongan gentleman on Flanigan's right then?

And since when do you have to be honest to the f**king media anyway?

On his right hand site right now? I am not sure and do not want to sound racist..

Apparently Gus needs to be but Fatfita doesnt...

Latest posts