What's new
The Front Row Forums

Register a free account today to become a member of the world's largest Rugby League discussion forum! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Favorite Music

Tigerm

First Grade
A couple for those who might like a couple of my favorites...Son House and Howlin Wolf...turn it up if you do...off if you don't lol

I do like Howling Wolf, tbh, I first come across his music in the movie “Cadillac Records”, introduced me to some great singers like Etta James, plus a few more.

Nutz

Bench
When I first got my licence and an old HD Holden rust bucket my mate and I decided to take a long drive down to Jervis Bay to do some surfing. The only cassette tape we had was one of Osibisa, an African Band.
Love it or hate it, it's all about memories and what hit's ya deep.

Tigerm

First Grade
My first car that had a cassette player in it, I took the wife and kids up to Yamba, stopped and brought a Supertramp cassette and played it for the next 8 odd hours, they all loved it hahaha

simmo05

Bench
Bleed, by Messhuga is the wrong genre for a 66yr old with PTSD Simmo. Sorro bro :)
There's another member on here who likes extreme/death metal, a regular. @Das Hassler maybe?

Yeah I must admit it's not for everyone! After 23 years my mrs has come around, we are going to knotfest tomorrow, should be a good day for it!

Das Hassler

Bench
Last one is for the country folk....Gram Parsons ( Flying Burrito Bros and the Byrds) with Emylou Harris....over a good sound system when Emylou comes in with the second verse it sends a shiver down any back with a soul in front of it

I love it....
*individual results may vary

Nutz

Bench
Great to hear what music people like. To have a partner or friends who are into similar genres makes it even better.
Music has been around since Adam wore nappies and can be a real healer and coping mechanism.
I like to read the whys, what, when and how a particular song or group gets them going.
People can understand others journey's somewhat better.
Good stuff, keep em coming folks.

Last one is for the country folk....Gram Parsons ( Flying Burrito Bros and the Byrds) with Emylou Harris....over a good sound system when Emylou comes in with the second verse it sends a shiver down any back with a soul in front of it

I love it....
*individual results may vary

Now ya talkin Das. Plus the guys who came out of both the Flying Burritos & Byrds. Can't forget Emmylou's friend Linda Ronstadt and her voice as well.

Das Hassler

Bench
Now ya talkin Das. Plus the guys who came out of both the Flying Burritos & Byrds. Can't forget Emmylou's friend Linda Ronstadt and her voice as well.

"Came out of the Byrds"....from which came another tremendous duet ...sorry my mistake...thinking of Neil Young being in CSNY ....not the Byrds...anyway, Neil Young and Nicollete Larson ( RIP)
"See the losers in the best bars....meet the winners in the dives"
Enjoy

Last edited:

Tigerm

First Grade
It great looking at some of the old stuff, just brought a track from Buffalo Springfield, “For what it’s worth “ has Neil Young and Stephen Stills in the band.

"Came out of the Byrds"....from which came another tremendous duet ...sorry my mistake...thinking of Neil Young being in CSNY ....not the Byrds...anyway, Neil Young and Nicollete Larson ( RIP)
"See the losers in the best bars....meet the winners in the dives"
Enjoy
I thought of CSNY because of David Crosby (RIP), Das.

Do the 6 degree of separation thingy from those bands in the late 60's in the US & UK and it's an interesting and fun look see.

Nutz

Bench
Or getting zoned in for a tigers game I listen to some of Thomas Bergersen stuff... usually does the trick with a few beers.

Battlecry "Two Steps From Hell - Victory"

Nutz

Bench
This young girl is capturing the world's attention with her drumming....since she starting walking. Check it out.

Latest posts