What's new
The Front Row Forums

Register a free account today to become a member of the world's largest Rugby League discussion forum! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Favourable Draw

willzy91

Juniors
Look at the draw for the rest of the season it seems to be quite favourable to us. Considering that our next game we will have both Dugan and Widdop back in ther side.

R12 - Bye - SOO1
R13 - Tigers (H)
R14 - Bulldogs (A)
R15 - Eels (A) - SOO2
R16 - Knights (H)
R17 - Titans (A)
R18 - Bye - SOO3
R19 - Raider (A)
R20 - Manly (H)
R21 - Knights (A)
R22 - Souths - (H)
R23 - Titans (H)
R24 - Broncos (A)
R25 - Panthers (A)
R26 - Bulldogs (H)

So looking at the remaining games this season, plenty of winnable games! The problem games I see are Raiders (A) and Broncos (A). All other games are very winnable games! with a full strength team and our forwards firing I really like our chances. Whats everyone's thoughts?

Dragonsteve2

Juniors
I know when the draw came out it looked a lot more promising than 2016. But it's a while since I have looked more than a couple of games ahead. Amazing to see that only the Broncos game pits us against a team currently above us on the table. And with the team playing with much greater consistency than since the Bennett era even with key players missing the chances of dropping "easy" games is less.

But comparing our draws over 2016 & 2017 just adds weight to the argument that the draw should not be such a random process.

Slippery Morris

First Grade
Old cliche but I really hope saints look at it 1 game at a time and not assume any game is easy. If they can get through the Origin period with a 100% record they can literally be on 28 pts before Rd 19 and when they face the raiders away. That would be a great achievement and surely have them will primed for a crack at winning the comp.

Maybe then I would give Mary the extension he would deserve.

This by far is the most enjoyable Dragons side I have watched in years and I am talking even during the Bennett years. They are really exciting to watch and you can feel that something is really building for this side at the end of the year and years ahead.

willzy91

Juniors
Old cliche but I really hope saints look at it 1 game at a time and not assume any game is easy. If they can get through the Origin period with a 100% record they can literally be on 28 pts before Rd 19 and when they face the raiders away. That would be a great achievement and surely have them will primed for a crack at winning the comp.

Maybe then I would give Mary the extension he would deserve.

This by far is the most enjoyable Dragons side I have watched in years and I am talking even during the Bennett years. They are really exciting to watch and you can feel that something is really building for this side at the end of the year and years ahead.

100% agree with this post! really excited football played every week. Also agree after the origin period should be when we decide on Mary's future as our coach, so far he is deserving of another contract. The most interesting thing will be the fatigue of our forwards post origin.

Alec's-saints

Juniors
100% agree with this post! really excited football played every week. Also agree after the origin period should be when we decide on Mary's future as our coach, so far he is deserving of another contract. The most interesting thing will be the fatigue of our forwards post origin.
the bye should freshen them up

Overseas dragon

Juniors
Prospects for fullback .Dufty field. Masters Garrick Mann. Widdop .yes I hear you why move your captain well remember a champion fullback named lockyer well 5/8 was better for his team maybe hunt and Mann halves widdop fullback might be a killer combination maybe not I hear you all you physics but we have options Mary Mary Mary try one

possm

Coach
No need to consider the extension of Mary until season's end. No one is chasing him.

TomRedVRiver

Bench
No draw is favourable in this competition.

Any team in this comp can show up on their day. Look at what the Titans did to Melbourne last week. When the Knights almost toppled the premiers in a 1 point loss.

Underestimate no-one.

Last edited:

St Georgio

Juniors
At the start of the season most people thought Mary should be moved on unless we made a GF, so its interesting how many here are quite happy to keep him on just making the Top 8, so IMHO with our favourable draw + the refs being against us, so finishing in the Top 5 should be are fair and reasonable target for all concerned.
I would also like to see an agreement between Saints, Broncos and Sharks to have there new prized signing switched for the remainder of the year.
Hunt to the Dragons, Bird to the Broncos and Dugan to the Sharks.

hewi

Bench

Any team in this comp can show up on their day. Look at what the Titans did to Melbourne last week. When the Knights almost toppled the premiers in a 1 point loss.

Underestimate no-one.

Spot on. You look at our draw and think we will win this and this etc however I'm sure along the way we will lose a game or two that we all thought we would win.

willzy91

Juniors

Underestimate no-one.

I agree with you completely! that's why I stated they are winnable games, meaning we would go in as favourites but as you say could underestimate anyone in this competition.

ALSGI

Bench
Spot on. You look at our draw and think we will win this and this etc however I'm sure along the way we will lose a game or two that we all thought we would win.
Agree, and win one or two we thought we wouldn't, like Broncos and Raiders away.

ALSGI

Bench
True, swings and roundabouts. As long as we finish in the top four I don't care who we win or lose to. I'm just excited.
Yes hewi, isn't great to be excited again.
Is there any reason we can't win all remaining 13 games?
What a Mess.

FlameThrower

Bench
Wow ... I recall only last season ' I can't see where our next win will be...'
just goes to show the difference in squad - attitude- belief- some smart recruits and the coach focused on the pitch. Everyone saw the victory song video.. what super a tight team we have. They all mates!
Happy days .. but I never look that far ahead- the old cliche rings loud and clear... "1 week at a time..."

Latest posts