What's new
The Front Row Forums

Register a free account today to become a member of the world's largest Rugby League discussion forum! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Favourite and most dispised tracks?

Gina Minehart

Juniors
I know that for most people this will probably be a bi-product of punting results, but I'm going to answer this more in terms of quality of track and particular nuiances I either like or dislike:

Like:

Flemington - long straight, every horse gets a chance. Best track in Australia, no doubt imo.
Randwick - high quality surface, nice long runs along the back and side. Again, fair and I think the best horse generally wins
Penrith - ok this is more of a betting thing I admit. If the favourite gets out ok and is in the front row, wins 95% of the time. They really struggle to get around favourites here
Hobart (dogs) - love a long straight and this track delivers
Healesville - love the inside boxes here. Straight dog racing - yes please!

Worst:

Money Valley - it's called money valley for a reason. Inevitably sucks your money up. I don't get how anyone wins at money valley, it's a disgusting track that should be turned in to a tip
Cairns/Mackay - the track with the super long straight. Get f**ked. The straight here is just that little bit too long for me
Oakbank - stupid course, not even made for racing. The ground is so uneven, horses appear to run in to grand canyons at various points around the track
Glouscter Park - maybe it's the time of the day when I usually dabble here but I can't stand the track. You have no chance if you're behind the leader, it bloody sucks.
Manukau - filthy. Has a favourite won here in the last 86 years?

Last edited:

veggiepatch1959

First Grade
Love Randwick and Flemington.

Warwick Farm, Canterbury and Oakbank can go get f**ked.

As far as greyhounds go, by far the worst is Rockhampton. The vision on Sky Channel must be at least 100 metres back from the finish post. I also think there's some light pole in the way as well. Totally dumb.

Gina Minehart

Juniors
Haha that's right, forgot about rocky. You think your dish licker has won but it doesn't - regularly. Fmd sky move your camera you tight fisted s**ts

Gina Minehart

Juniors
Love Randwick and Flemington.

Warwick Farm, Canterbury and Oakbank can go get f**ked.

As far as greyhounds go, by far the worst is Rockhampton. The vision on Sky Channel must be at least 100 metres back from the finish post. I also think there's some light pole in the way as well. Totally dumb.

Canterbury is a good call as well. Similar length straight to money valley. f**ked

to_ddeath

Coach
Hate - Caulfield, Canterbury, The Valley (only bet on races 1600 or longer there), Warwick Farm, Canberra, Gold Coast.
Faves - Randwick, Hawkesbury, Flemington, Sandown, Albion Park.

T.

lockyno1

Post Whore
Locky and hayneplane...surely you have an opinion :lol:

My Worst by a Mile- Ascot in WA....that track gives me the you know whats! (and the worst thing is I have usually had about lest say 7-8 Scotches by then and well it never ends well)

Next worst: Rosehill, Sandown, Canterbury, Mooney Valley

Neutral: Caulfield, Randwick

Like: Flemington, Newcastle, Ascot UK, Turffontein, Sha Tin (follow the horses there quite a bit)

Latest posts