What's new
The Front Row Forums

Register a free account today to become a member of the world's largest Rugby League discussion forum! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Favourite cover songs

veggiepatch1959

First Grade
Somewhere in my vault of musical oddities and rarities, I have a recording of Trent Reznor (pre NIN) doing a cover of Falco's "Der Kommissar" and another Euro pop song.

horrie hastings

First Grade
The Mad Hatter mentioned Jeff Lynne's version of Xanadu which I do have on cd, it is an interesting version after hearing Olivia's version which has ELO doing the backing, I love Olivia singing the main bit but hearing ELO in the back ground gives the song such a beautiful kick along. Jeff's solo version is good, just a bit different.
Here is another good cover of Xanadu

horrie hastings

First Grade
A bit of an Olivia theme coming up here.
George Harrison's version is the best but Olivia's version got a lot of air play at the time and I think she does it a great justice.

horrie hastings

First Grade
Keith Hampshire's version of The First Cut Is the Deepest, so much better than Cat Steven's and Rod Stewart's version. Again no proper film clip.

Until today I never thought I'd put Thompson Twins and NII/I Trent Reznor in the same sentence.

And I'm a huge TT fan to boot so this was just an amazing find.

I'm a fan of both bands - the original Alphaville and the Aussie band that covered this song, Youth Group (who are currently recording a new album after a 10 year hiatus.)

Latest posts