What's new
The Front Row Forums

Register a free account today to become a member of the world's largest Rugby League discussion forum! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Favourite piece of classical music

OVP

Coach
Carmina Burana, O fortuna is my all time favourite.

EDIT : You guys might prefer this one set to scenes from the movie Excalibur. O Fortuna was written by Carl Orff, and is sung in Latin.

Last edited:

gUt

Coach
St Matthews passion at the moment. Otherwise Vaughan Williams the Lark Ascending

mongoose

Coach
Venus and Jupiter pieces from the Planets by Gustav Holst
Parts of Mozart's Requiem is pretty awesome
Modest Mussorgsky - Pictures at an Exhibition

All are very well known

snoozer

Bench

Got into this as a kid because of a Monty Python skit. Emile Gilbert keeps breaking his violin trying to play it!

veggiepatch1959

First Grade
Oh btw, If you need a break, like i do, from all this classical stuff, here's some 90's trip hop.

I've got just about every piece of music they ever made. But Spin Spin Sugar is my all time fav - all 36 versions!

Classical favourites are:-

Gustav Holst's The Planets - Mars

Aram Khachaturian's The Sabre Dance

gUt

Coach
A couple of favourites from St Matthews Passion:

The whole thing:

And this is from the Donnie Darko soundtrack, it's so dark:

Reactions: OVP

OVP

Coach
That Donnie Darko one reminds me of this Aussie classic. Haunting and dark, it reminds me of Angels singing this before they slaughter us lol.

veggiepatch1959

First Grade
That Donnie Darko one reminds me of this Aussie classic. Haunting and dark, it reminds me of Angels singing this before they slaughter us lol.

If you're familiar with Dead Can Dance, you must know of the Ron Fricke movies Baraka, Koyaanquatsi, etc.

If so, we have more than a lot in common.

Next thing you'll be telling me that you like Single Gun Theory!