What's new
The Front Row Forums

Register a free account today to become a member of the world's largest Rugby League discussion forum! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Federal Labor Press Release: Jubilee Upgrade

R2K

Bench
The below press release is courtesy of the Federal member for Barton and the Federal member for Banks.

Robert McClelland the Federal member for Barton and Daryl Melham the Federal Member for Banks are pleased to announce that a Latham Government is committed to supporting the submission by the St George Illawarra Dragons to fund the upgrade of Kogarah Oval.

The proposal would be funded over two years at a cost of $8 million dollars.

The first stage would involve an upgrade of lighting, additional seating, upgrade of training and preparation facilities and surface improvements.

For the full press release go to:
http://www.r2k.info/index2.html

Mighty Dragon

Juniors
Southernsaint said:
LOL, that would be the favourite team who's last home game he attended was in 1998??

I doubt the grant is one of his "core" promises & I don't trust the proven liar to keep his word. I don't believe that any thinking Saints supporter would fall for this vote-buying exercise, anyway.

Wobbygong said:
I knew it wouldn't take long for a tragic commie labor voter to "try" to find something negative in it lol

So what's the gibbering fat ignoramus going to make as Labor's counter offer???

Do I hear $12m

Southernsaint said:
LOL, I think Mr Latham might spend the money on Education or Health.

More important to society than football, I'm sure you'll agree

Southernsaint

Staff member
Well, I do stand by my statement that any upgrade "promises" are just that, vote-buying exercises, no matter which side of politics they come from...

Anyone who bases their vote on a Football Oval is a "gibbering fat ignoramus", IMO...

R2K said:
The below press release is courtesy of the Federal member for Barton and the Federal member for Banks.

Robert McClelland the Federal member for Barton and Daryl Melham the Federal Member for Banks are pleased to announce that a Latham Government is committed to supporting the submission by the St George Illawarra Dragons to fund the upgrade of Kogarah Oval.

The proposal would be funded over two years at a cost of $8 million dollars.

The first stage would involve an upgrade of lighting, additional seating, upgrade of training and preparation facilities and surface improvements.

For the full press release go to:
http://www.r2k.info/index2.html

And to think just a few years ago it was R2K fighting tooth and nail to get anything out of them and know the lowlifes are lining up to throw money at us. Great stuff. :clap:

The dark skies of the SFS now seem like a distant memory.

Anonymous

Juniors
Nothing quite like having them fighting over it.
The same thing was happening in the months before the return to Kogarah. Suddenly, our elected representatives were lining up for head shots when previously they were turning their backs.
Lights in 2005.

Nugby

Juniors
Might just have to vote for the October's winner next time the election comes around on the grounds that they were the party that upgraded Kogarah :lol:

Surely

Post Whore
I would have thought labour would have thrown in free medical care for gasnier and barret .

Drew-Sta

Staff member
Surely said:
I would have thought labour would have thrown in free medical care for gasnier and barret .

Lol, I must admit, that would be a nice perk in the deal.

Biglance

Bench
Didnt the Liberal Government help put money towards an upgrade for the Western Bulldogs home ground in the AFL