What's new
The Front Row Forums

Register a free account today to become a member of the world's largest Rugby League discussion forum! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Feki release could hold key to Cronulla snaring Woods

King Ben

Juniors
Cronulla have granted Sosaia Feki permission to negotiate with rival clubs in a move that could free up the money required to sign Aaron Woods before June 30. Feki is contracted to the club until the end of next year but is free to leave if he can find a new home before the end of the month.

The Tongan international has made all 117 of his NRL appearances for the Shire outfit but has slipped back in the pecking order behind fellow winger Valentine Holmes, Sione Katoa and Edrick Lee.

Feki has made just eight NRL appearances this season. A release would give him an opportunity to reignite his NRL career, while freeing up additional funds to throw at Woods.

The Bulldogs are prepared to release the former NSW and Australian prop to ease a cap squeeze that won’t allow them to be active in the player market until 2021.

Feki hasn’t officially been granted a release as yet, but the fact he has Cronulla’s blessing to test the market suggests that will occur if there is sufficient interest. The Sharks would prefer the 27-year-old to continue his career in England, but the development will likely pique NRL interest.

Cronulla hasn’t budged from its original offer for Woods, but Feki’s departure would give them more cash to splash.

https://outline.com/BEGtLb

shadowboxer

First Grade
More good news.....not. Happy if he gets an new start but at the expense of Us gaining Woods is a let down really.

Card Shark

Immortal
I don’t see how it has much to do with getting Woods, unless he goes to the dogs.

We have spare cap space to use up.

Mr Angry

Not a Referee
Whomever buys him, should try him @ centre.

Not sure why Woods, we need centres, our current two are leaving.

Frenzy.

Immortal
I don’t see how it has much to do with getting Woods, unless he goes to the dogs.

We have spare cap space to use up.

Makes it a cost neutral transaction without touching that spare money.

Probably puts the club just ahead actually as Feki is probably on around $400-$450k

What do the dogs want for Woods? Was it $350?

Surely

Post Whore
Absolutely. Apart from Woods & Hipgrave (who went real good yestdee against the Dogs) who else apart from Barba has been linked?

None that I’m aware of, flanno isn’t going to chase woods at the expense of barber, but if he can fit them both in ....

Inferno

Coach
Makes it a cost neutral transaction without touching that spare money.

Probably puts the club just ahead actually as Feki is probably on around $400-$450k

What do the dogs want for Woods? Was it $350?

Surely you jest, I'd be surprised if Feki was on half that.

Special K

Coach
I'll be sad to see Feki leave. He came through for us when we really needed someone to stand up. Guys like Mills, Gardner, Pomeroy, Matt Wright, Stapleton were all given a shot to nail down a spot around the same time fame and none of them could. He spent a year in NSW cup fighting for a spot before he got a crack in 2013, others would of left after a year of not getting a run. Feki stayed, played over 100 games for us and then was key for us to winning the comp in 2016. He is rocks and diamonds at times but when he is on he is a beast. It is criminal he never got a kiwi jersey when guys like Nightingale could get a jersey in 2016.

All the best Feki. I will miss having you around