What's new
The Front Row Forums

Register a free account today to become a member of the world's largest Rugby League discussion forum! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Fewest wins in a season (NRL era)

Walt Flanigan

Referee
I gave sticky a chance when he stepped in after the furner meltdown in 2013 so brown should get a go. Yeah its a bad year but they have an awful squad.

Yeah but at least Ricky had signed Austin, Hodgson, Waqa & Soliola going into the next season, so there was at least something to look forward to. The Knights just seem to be in for more of the same next year.

I agree about Brown being spared judgement until next season. I wouldn't hold out much hope though, he couldn't do anything with a loaded Dragons team so I can't see him dragging the Knights out of the fire.

Pete Cash

Post Whore
He signed hodgson in august (although it was a long drawn out process) and he signed austin over the offseason

So its not completely hopeless for the knights.

Remember though we had some advantage in a million dollars in salary cap sitting around unused. The knights have salary cap issues.

Glendale

Juniors
Yeah but at least Ricky had signed Austin, Hodgson, Waqa & Soliola going into the next season, so there was at least something to look forward to. The Knights just seem to be in for more of the same next year.

I agree about Brown being spared judgement until next season. I wouldn't hold out much hope though, he couldn't do anything with a loaded Dragons team so I can't see him dragging the Knights out of the fire.

Lots of people (including myself) didn't really rate Stuart as a coach before this year either. Obviously his recruitment has been first class down in Canberra, but I had always questioned his ability as a coach due to his results. There's a 'Is Ricky the most overrated coach ever?' thread for a reason hahaha. Brown could undergo a similar transformation.

some11

Referee
The Magpies team of 99 is still worse. They nearly conceded a 1,000 points in a season. That's insane. They had forty dropped on them on AVERAGE week in and week out. Holy f**k.
I know right, its impressive is what it is.

Sleep

Juniors
I was pretty young and I remember them stringing together a couple of real floggings towards the back end of the year. One was against Canterbury I think. I swear they spent half the match standing behind their own goal posts.

Four consecutive weeks:

Jul 11th Round 19 A Manly Warringah L 32 - 48
Jul 18th Round 20 H Parramatta L 10 - 68
Jul 24th Round 21 H Canterbury L 16 - 56
Aug 1st Round 22 H Canberra L 16 - 64

They had 60 plus dropped on them FIVE times that year. You can't make that shit up.

Mar 21st Round 3 A Penrith L 6 - 60
May 8th Round 10 H N Melbourne L 6 - 62
Jul 18th Round 20 H Parramatta L 10 - 68
Aug 1st Round 22 H Canberra L 16 - 64
Aug 29th Round 26 H Auckland L 16 - 60

Last edited:

Sleep

Juniors
who was the defensive coach? a potato?

I'm sure whoever they were, they're no longer involved with rugby league. Only team I've seen on a awful run like that was the Bulldogs the year Sonny Bill walked out. They flat out quit at the back end of that season and were getting smashed week in, week out.

Apey

Staff member
He chose to get rid of Tapine.

Well he chose not to match the Raider's lucrative offer. Good move. He would be stinking it up for us and probably be on more than he is at the Raiders. A lot easier to make development progress when you're slotting into a side doing as well as the Raiders.

He chose to drop Uate and Stockwell despite them being infinitely better than those he replaced them with

I would have agreed with you re: Uate earlier in the year, mostly for his good metres coming out of our end, but he has been absolutely awful in NSW Cup and honestly is barely a NSW Cup standard winger right now. The dude is completely shot.

mozza91

Coach
I had no issue with us not matching their offer. What I had an issue with was not letting him train with the team and getting rid of him 12 months early. We were clearly short on First Grade standard players and Brown's reaction to Tapine signing elsewhere for 2017 was stupid and came across as childish.

You're right Uate has been atrocious in reserve grade but I think it's because his heart isn't in it. His performances would be better if he was playing in the NRL. Regardless even if he's playing at 50% of his ability he'd still be better than Elliot and Denniss.

Caped Crusader

Juniors
Would having Tapine playing have turned our fortunes at all for 2016? He may, MAY, have been the difference in jagging us another 1 or 2 wins which would have put is in ........16th

2016 is a write off, was always going to be. Brown did what he did to prep the team for 2017 which was going to be without Tapine and looks certainly to be without Uate. We gain absolutely nothing by playing both in FG this year. Zip, Squat

AlwaysGreen

Immortal
And the genius of brown took the Raiders to golden point twice.

Flying under the teams flying under the radar.

KeepingTheFaith

Referee
and your warriors (twice) lost to the only team to lose to the knights.....how embarrassing!

And your team lost to the team that twice lost to the team that lost to the team that only won once....

TBH I don't know who you support but I just wanted to keep the train going.