What's new
The Front Row Forums

Register a free account today to become a member of the world's largest Rugby League discussion forum! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Fifita demands apology

OldPanther

Coach
That was my local back in the day. I thought the Glasby stuff was fine and even I think this was too far.

Knightmare

Coach
First McGuire's full-time sledge and now this...it's almost like they want to give Fifita more incentive to fire up for Game 3....

Nice Beaver

First Grade
First McGuire's full-time sledge and now this...it's almost like they want to give Fifita more incentive to fire up for Game 3....

What was this sledge?

I know he said he was sledged, but also heard Maguire claimed to have said nothing.

muzby

Village Idiot
Staff member
does he want an apology for spelling his name wrong in the title?

Knightmare

Coach
What was this sledge?

I know he said he was sledged, but also heard Maguire claimed to have said nothing.

Fifita didn't repeat it, but said he'd remember it and keep it in mind come Game 3. I mean, he could be making it all up but I don't know why you'd just randomly bring something like that up and randomly incriminate another player like that without reason...

Plus I can believe it on the grounds that McGuire has a track record for running his mouth after a win.

Rhyno

First Grade

SYDNEY8–15°C

State of Origin 2017: Andrew Fifita demands an apology for “racist, discriminatory and personal” Facebook post
The Daily Telegraph
June 29, 2017 9:42pm
Subscriber only
ANDREW Fifita has demanded a personal apology from the manager of a Brisbane pub for what the NSW Origin prop claims is a “racist, discriminatory and personal” attack on his family.

Fifita has also called on the Kallangur Tavern in Brisbane to make a significant donation to an Indigenous youth centre in the area, as a sign of remorse for a “disgusting social media post.’’

In the wake of Origin II last week, the Kallangur Tavern posted on Facebook a photo of a woman in a NSW jersey with a black baby doll strapped to her back.

55cc5fb7c7d9a5f9fe91507a65034175

“Our best dressed tonight is this Blues supporter ... carrying Andrew Fifita’s daughter on her back?!?!,’’ the Facebook message read.

The Daily Telegraph has been told by a staff member of the pub, the Facebook message was immediately taken down due to the “negative reaction it had caused.’’

Fifita was made aware of the post after the Blues loss to Queensland last week, but after trying to ignore the social media post he decided it was important to stand-up for his family and the wider-indigenous community.

01e88f4c0c4f0e774ab791ef94a22cc7

The post on Fifita’s Instagram.
“People can attack me, call me names, I’m a big boy,’’ Fifita said.

“But this is just sick. Please don’t bring my family into this. That’s just wrong.

“Clearly they are portraying my daughter — which is disgusting. I honestly don’t care what people say about me — but when it’s my family involved, different story.

“I’m prepared to meet with the manager when I’m in Brisbane for Origin. I want him to explain how he sees this as acceptable.

“Who rewards people for an act of racism? It’s ridiculous.

“I want an apology and I would like to prove that they know what they’ve done isn’t on by making a donation to a local Aboriginal hostel.’’

fc7c21d90705b80f4ce4652b93de266f

Fifita has demanded an apology.
Fifita used his Instagram account last night to declare his disappointment.

“This is f**kED!!!!

“What business presents people awards for being racist, discriminating and personal.

‘I’m all for people shaming me but when you involve my family it’s personal now.

“This is so wrong on all levels.

“I will be in Brisbane soon and I will be going past your pub to see you personally.’’

In a sign of support for Fiifta, his post has been ‘liked’ by over 1,000 followers including leading NRL players Boyd Cordner, Blake Ferguson, Nathan Peats, Michael Gordon, Regan Campbell-Gillard, Gerard Beale and Tautau Moga.

A Kallangur pub staffer told The Daily Telegraph they were unwilling to comment, advising that the venue manager would respond to our inquiries.

The Daily Telegraph continues to wait for a respons

POPEYE

Coach
A publican wouldn't dare portray a 1%er's daughter like that . . . shows what RL players are expected to cop

Canard

Immortal
What sort of deadshit posts this sort of thing on Facebook? And why the reference to the guys daughter??