What's new
The Front Row Forums

Register a free account today to become a member of the world's largest Rugby League discussion forum! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Fifita demands apology

Bazal

Post Whore
Fifita is a grade A f**kwit.

That in no way makes it ok to racially abuse him. and in absolutely no way makes it ok to insult his daughter in any way.

Dufmack

Juniors
My bad, it appears there is a fine line between realism and racism...

Obviously it was a stupid move from the pub to share the image however I fail to jump on the bandwagon that every sin committed against an aboriginal person is inherently racist.

Eion

First Grade
Forget racist then. How about carrying a miniature obvious man doll on your back and call it someone's daughter. OK with that too?

beave

Coach
See this is my take on it.

1) everyone doing the Helen Lovejoy towards the lady needs to calm the f**k down and actually use their brain. She is more than highly likely a blues fan from the looks of it and there is a good chance her 'get up' is nothing sinister or even remotley related to Fafita. How many QLD fans are actually gonna go out and buy all that merch she has on her (zoom in on the pic and actually look at all the blues gear she has) to take the piss out of Fafita and his family? The mask is the 2 tone blues supporters one from the looks of it and not a mask that would be offensive to someone of aboriginal descent. She's probably mortified that she's been thrown into this.

2) the pub are idiots for posting up the pic with that caption without thinking of the consequnces no question. Bagging/mentioning a players kid is just off limits for mine.

3) The 'qld are racist f**ks' comments make me laugh, a massive % of the QLD origin team over the years are of aboriginal decent ffs, they have been embraced by all probably more than the players with anglo /other decent.

If she is a qld fan that went dressed as the caption describes than her and the pub will rightly cop a mountain of shit. She should be publicly apologising as well if it is the case, the pub should be apologising as well (regardless).But instead of everyone exploding in a fit of rage over it, breathe in, use your brain and think a little bit laterally as not everything is always as it first appears.

Last edited:

Desert Qlder

First Grade
You don't like Feefs for what he did, so having a racist go at his infant daughter on Facebook is okay.

Go lick a battery champ.

f**king spare me. Have you seen the internet sweetheart? Full of tastless garbage like that. Pales in comparison to belting someone to death, don't you agree?

I am not going to get all indignant like you tosspots just because it is origin time.

The pub has apologised and are probably very embarrassed. But offering moral guidance is the last thing 'feefs' has any right to do.

Eion

First Grade
f**king spare me. Have you seen the internet sweetheart? Full of tastless garbage like that. Pales in comparison to belting someone to death, don't you agree?

I am not going to get all indignant like you tosspots just because it is origin time.

The pub has apologised and are probably very embarrassed. But offering moral guidance is the last thing 'feefs' has any right to do.
Use your stupid argument against Lovejoy if he whinges about it then. Last I heard 'feefs' hadn't belted anyone to death.

Desert Qlder

First Grade
Use your stupid argument against Lovejoy if he whinges about it then. Last I heard 'feefs' hadn't belted anyone to death.

Nah but he f**king rubbed right in the faces of the Kelly family without a care in the world. Hopefully this gives him pause to think about how they might have felt about his own tasteless display.

But I doubt it.

myrrh ken

First Grade

I know feefs did well in Game 1, but I don't think he came close to this.

myrrh ken

First Grade

Nah but he f**king rubbed right in the faces of the Kelly family without a care in the world. Hopefully this gives him pause to think about how they might have felt with his own tastless display.

But I doubt it.

Geez, 22 minutes later and you've already broken your promise.

SBD82

Coach
See this is my take on it.

1) everyone doing the Helen Lovejoy towards the lady needs to calm the f**k down and actually use their brain. She is more than highly likely a blues fan from the looks of it and there is a good chance her 'get up' is nothing sinister or even remotley related to Fafita. How many QLD fans are actually gonna go out and buy all that merch she has on her (zoom in on the pic and actually look at all the blues gear she has) to take the piss out of Fafita and his family? The mask is the 2 tone blues supporters one from the looks of it and not a mask that would be offensive to someone of aboriginal decent. She's probably mortified that she's been thrown into this.

2) the pub are idiots for posting up the pic with that caption without thinking of the consequnces no question. Bagging/mentioning a players kid is just off limits for mine.

3) The 'qld are racist f**ks' comments make me laugh, a massive % of the QLD origin team over the years are of aboriginal decent ffs, they have been embraced probably more than the other players with anglo /other decent.

If she is a qld fan that went dressed as the caption describes than her and the pub will rightly cop a mountain of shit. She should be publicly apologising as well if it is the case, the pub should be apologising as well (regardless).But instead of everyone exploding in a fit of rage over it, breathe in, use your brain and think a little bit laterally as not everything is always as it first appears.
I agree with a lot of your post, (probably more common sense that this site deserves) but I think that number 3 is a stretch.

The only time I've watched origin with qlders (besides live) was when I was in a sports bar in Canada.

I had a smoke outside at halftime and I was chatting with a qld supporter. I told him how qld had a great football team but I couldn't stand some of their players. I singled out Sam Thaiday as someone that I thought was a grub, and the qld supporter's response?

"Yeah. He's a typical f**king coon".

It doesn't prove that all qlders are racist, but it does show that you can support a team full of indigenous players and still be a racist merkin.

carcharias

Immortal
Nah but he f**king rubbed right in the faces of the Kelly family without a care in the world. Hopefully this gives him pause to think about how they might have felt about his own tasteless display.

But I doubt it.

Rubbed it in their faces ???

Ha
Ok mate.

I agree with a lot of your post, (probably more common sense that this site deserves) but I think that number 3 is a stretch.

The only time I've watched origin with qlders (besides live) was when I was in a sports bar in Canada.

I had a smoke outside at halftime and I was chatting with a qld supporter. I told him how qld had a great football team but I couldn't stand some of their players. I singled out Sam Thaiday as someone that I thought was a grub, and the qld supporter's response?

"Yeah. He's a typical f**king coon".

It doesn't prove that all qlders are racist, but it does show that you can support a team full of indigenous players and still be a racist merkin.
Used to share a house with a Queenslander and he was exactly the same. Whenever the Broncos or the Maroons were losing he would racially vilify his own players. It was disgraceful.