What's new
The Front Row Forums

Register a free account today to become a member of the world's largest Rugby League discussion forum! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Fifita

coolumsharkie

Referee
Agree with the horses for courses view of the bench make up and agree wholeheartedly with the need to manage Gallen's minutes. He is starting to show some drop off in the back end of each half. This will only exacerbate in the intensity of finals footy. A high quality 60 minutes will likely be more effective than 80 minutes.

Yep another reason not to play Barba in the semis. We have enough points in us, he's a waste of a spot.

cb4

First Grade
Yep another reason not to play Barba in the semis. We have enough points in us, he's a waste of a spot.

It's only a waste because Flanno hooks a back.

I am of the belief that if we brought Barba on for a forward and played Bird as an edge backrower it would be better.

Or if we hooked a forward for him and let him roam. Bird could still defend on the edge that way, or in the middle.

Barba didn't defend poorly out wide in his games.

I just feel that hooking someone like Feki in a semi-final would turn out to be a major mistake.

I am of the belief that if we brought Barba on for a forward and played Bird as an edge backrower it would be better.

Or if we hooked a forward for him and let him roam. Bird could still defend on the edge that way, or in the middle.

I just feel that hooking someone like Feki in a semi-final would turn out to be a major mistake.

This a hundred percent. Even more so next year with the interchange reduction.

millersnose

Post Whore
I get the feeling barba, unless an injury happens in the backs, has played his last game this year
his injury did not improve unfortunately
I think they will go with 4 forwards on the bench

having said that I think he will be the starting fullback next year and will be given plenty of time to play himself into form
the coaching staff do have what this forum doesn't have - patience and perseverence

ghoti

Bench

This has been a mentioned a lot in this forum...seems so f**kin obvious, completely bizarre how Flanno is managing him (especially the Storm game and similar situations to it).

millersnose

Post Whore
well trying to give a player like barba a chance to play into some form in the way they have been attempting may not meet with everyones approval and in hindsight it may not have worked but it was a reasonable proposition that seemed to be working ok before barba aggravated his injury

DJShaksta

First Grade
Hooking Feki is insane full stop.
He'd have had a hat trick on the weekend if Wades pass found the mark.
He runs us out of trouble and is a big unit.
His try to get us back in the game at the end was class.

Born BB&W

Juniors
We have been discussing on this forum almost the entire season about what to do with Ben Barba right?

Now we are looking forward to a finals campaign and we are still all discussing what to do with Ben Barba right?

If it looks like a duck, swims like a duck, and quacks like a duck, then it probably is a duck.

chewsta

First Grade
Hooking Feki is insane full stop.
He'd have had a hat trick on the weekend if Wades pass found the mark.
He runs us out of trouble and is a big unit.
His try to get us back in the game at the end was class.

100% spot on!

Didn't Feki also have a try disallowed? so he almost crossed for 4 meat Pies!

shaggs

Coach
I'm with CB on barba. He needs to come and on play no position.

Plus I think barba should drop 5kg and spend the summer with roger fabri and play fullback next uear

SharkShocked

Bench
I have no idea how they took that off us. Bird was facing backwards.

Cmooooooooon i'm on board with saying refs are poor. But the ball went over his shoulder and he juggled it towards the opponents try line and into an opposition defenders arm.

If you want to complain about decisions, i have no idea how the Morgan/Gordon contest in the air wasn't ruled a double knock on in either sides favour.

Imagine what a fully fit Barba would have done against Parra and the Tiges?

He was busted well before the storm game.

It was a real bummer he wasn't fit for those 2 games.

cb4

First Grade
Cmooooooooon i'm on board with saying refs are poor. But the ball went over his shoulder and he juggled it towards the opponents try line and into an opposition defenders arm.

If you want to complain about decisions, i have no idea how the Morgan/Gordon contest in the air wasn't ruled a double knock on in either sides favour.

Both were tries IMO.

carcharias

Immortal
Even before he got it it was not a try
Knock on all day long
Off parra into a sharks player.
I was ok for birds to be called s knock on but 2 mn s later the same thing but worse was allowed

Fuggen bullshit mate