What's new
The Front Row Forums

Register a free account today to become a member of the world's largest Rugby League discussion forum! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Finals schedule

Status
Not open for further replies.
The administration is incompetent and heartless to give a ground to the AFL in it's own heartland. It be like the Storm getting one of the AFL grounds come finals time. For such as a hard game, such a soft core show some passion and initiative for once NRL administration.

johnny plath

Juniors
I'm a bit confused. .do people think the nrl owns anz and suncorp stadium and dictates when and who can use it. What control do they have to say that AFL can't book it next Saturday night. We still don't know the make up of our finals yet and when the fumble ballets announced we didn't even know if a game would be played in Sydney first week of the finals. Do people expect the nrl to book and pay for stadiums for every possible final solution. Where they need balls is with their own teams and schedule matches so they work with what stadiums are available and not listen to the bitching about turn around times for week 1 and 2. Suncorp and anz are both available Friday and Sunday so if teams need to play then so be it. Gio aami and Allianz available all weekend. ..I'm sure we can get a final schedule that doesn't need a double header and doesn't clash with afl in Melbourne. People gotta be patient. .we don't even know whose playing who or in what city yet and there are people on here whinging they can't plan there travel. .fmd..get a grip.

skeepe

Immortal
"Will"?

I think it was a suggestion rather than any sort of confirmation.

Either way the concept of playing Dogs v Panthers at Allianz is ridiculous given both are Western Sydney teams but whatevs.
The concept of a Raiders home preliminary final being held in Sydney is much more ridiculous but you don't have a problem with that you hypocrite.

Timmah

LeagueUnlimited News Editor
Staff member
I'm not going to start a petition about it.

And I'm entitled to an opinion and to be a hypocrite skeepe, so suck it up.

Cumberland Throw

First Grade
I'm a bit confused. .do people think the nrl owns anz and suncorp stadium and dictates when and who can use it. What control do they have to say that AFL can't book it next Saturday night. We still don't know the make up of our finals yet and when the fumble ballets announced we didn't even know if a game would be played in Sydney first week of the finals. Do people expect the nrl to book and pay for stadiums for every possible final solution. Where they need balls is with their own teams and schedule matches so they work with what stadiums are available and not listen to the bitching about turn around times for week 1 and 2. Suncorp and anz are both available Friday and Sunday so if teams need to play then so be it. Gio aami and Allianz available all weekend. ..I'm sure we can get a final schedule that doesn't need a double header and doesn't clash with afl in Melbourne. People gotta be patient. .we don't even know whose playing who or in what city yet and there are people on here whinging they can't plan there travel. .fmd..get a grip.
Do you think the AFL own MCG ?

Do you think the MCG would let RL book it, on week 1 of Finals.. ??

Cumberland Throw

First Grade
If we do a double header against a single AFL game and get out drawn which we will.. they will get north of 45k..

We basically have handed over Sydney to AFL, and will always be code 2,3,4,or 5 in every state of Australia within 10 years..

Timmah

LeagueUnlimited News Editor
Staff member
If we do a double header against a single AFL game and get out drawn which we will.. they will get north of 45k..

We basically have handed over Sydney to AFL, and will always be code 2,3,4,or 5 in every state of Australia within 10 years..
6a00d83451b36c69e2014e86478a1b970d-pi

Timbo

Staff member
There is no reason for a double header.

But Nine will get what they want as always. The NRL needs to be firm and if matches have to be moved then so be it.

lockyno1

Post Whore
Don't we all hate Anz ?

So why do we suddenly want to play a prelim final there?

This. ANZ is a shocking stadium any match that isn there is a very good thing!

Sellout at Allianz will look awesome anyway rather than spot the bloke amongst 10,000 seats at ANZ!

Paullyboy

Coach
There is a very strong chance that the Raiders will be hosting a final in week 1 (for Sharks to keep their home final they need to beat the Storm, and I don't expect that to happen, and then hope the Tigers beat the Raiders).

So this talk of double headers is ridiculous as there is a very strong chance that there will only be one game in Sydney on week 1 of the finals.

This. ANZ is a shocking stadium any match that isn there is a very good thing!

Sellout at Allianz will look awesome anyway rather than spot the bloke amongst 10,000 seats at ANZ!

Thing is if you have a double header you won't get a sell out. Didn't in 2013, and in fact the supporters of those involved in the early game, a good proportion of them left before the 2nd game. Conversely those who's team were involved in the 2nd game didn't turn up until closer to kick-off in their team's game.

Also the reason people are up in arms about ceding ANZ to the AFL for the first week is none of us believe if the situation were the other way around that the AFL would cede any ground to the NRL. It is thus stupid to do anything which helps a rival code.

Last edited:

myrrh ken

First Grade
There is a very strong chance that the Raiders will be hosting a final in week 1 (for Sharks to keep their home final they need to beat the Storm, and I don't expect that to happen, and then hope the Tigers beat the Raiders).

Um - if Sharks win, they claim minor prem.

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.