What's new
The Front Row Forums

Register a free account today to become a member of the world's largest Rugby League discussion forum! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Finals week 2 - Eels v cowboys

Stagger eel

Staff member
My sister was a mad keen Eels fan until that game in 1998. She was gutted. That kind of capitulation was unforgivable for some and rightly so. f**k every merkin who played in that game. Anyway it was about the same time she discovered boys so that probably helped her move on.

Anyway she's in her mid 30s now and back on the Parra bandwagon so old habits die hard. Her kids go for Parra too.

didn't you once tell us that you were Paul Carige's brother inlaw?

Soren Lorenson

First Grade
Alright. Positivity!!! So some of you may know that I have a wedding to go to on the prelim (if we make it). I am prepared to get in everyone's bad books by leaving and coming back.

The reception is 20min walk from Allianz (I reckon 10 if I run). Reception starts at 6, I hang out till 7:40, run to Allianz, watch the game, run back by 10pm. I will leave the girlfriend at the wedding as an alibi. Fool proof!!!

@Happy MEel is being a pussy and won't do it. Everyone get stuck into him!!!
I pulled off that maneuver once. Unless you are the groom no bastard will notice except your wife. The only mistake I made was that I didn't check in with her when I came back 2 hours later and she thought I was gone for the whole time.

Poupou Escobar

Post Whore
I pulled off that maneuver once. Unless you are the groom no bastard will notice except your wife. The only mistake I made was that I didn't check in with her when I came back 2 hours later and she thought I was gone for the whole time.
This is because women aren't good blokes. Can you imagine if you were gay that your boyfriend/husband would have a problem with you f**king off to watch footy? No chance. He would be f**king stoked for you.

And this is why gays shouldn't be allowed to marry. Why should they be happy when the rest of us can't be?

Soren Lorenson

First Grade
This is because women aren't good blokes. Can you imagine if you were gay that your boyfriend/husband would have a problem with you f**king off to watch footy? No chance. He would be f**king stoked for you.

And this is why gays shouldn't be allowed to marry. Why should they be happy when the rest of us can't be?
Actually I think my missus preferred that I was gone. She's a good bloke, no complaints will ever be heard coming from me.

Noise

Coach

Awesome. You have given me even more confidence that i can pull this off. I've informed the mrs so I shouldn't make your mistake. If you have any other tips let me know

Soren Lorenson

First Grade
Awesome. You have given me even more confidence that i can pull this off. I've informed the mrs so I shouldn't make your mistake. If you have any other tips let me know
Go for it. You'll never forget that wedding. All the others just blend into one after a while. You'll even be able to remember someone else's wedding anniversary. It's a win win.

Noise

Coach
Actually I think my missus preferred that I was gone. She's a good bloke, no complaints will ever be heard coming from me.

Some guys sitting next to me in Melbourne on Saturday were doing the same thing and they were still in their suits. They were from Sydney but had the wedding in Melbourne and lucked out because the Eels game was there so it worked out perfectly for them. But because it was a 4pm game they had it easier and weren't going to miss the reception.

lingard

Coach
Do you bring French back vs Roosters (presuming a win on Saturday)? I say yes if he is fit. He is the X factor we may need to win a GF in a tight match. Maybe we ease him in on the wing against the roosters

I say keep Smith at fullback. And I'd be reluctant to change a winning team.

EelsFan05

Bench
Alright. Positivity!!! So some of you may know that I have a wedding to go to on the prelim (if we make it). I am prepared to get in everyone's bad books by leaving and coming back.

The reception is 20min walk from Allianz (I reckon 10 if I run). Reception starts at 6, I hang out till 7:40, run to Allianz, watch the game, run back by 10pm. I will leave the girlfriend at the wedding as an alibi. Fool proof!!!

@Happy MEel is being a pussy and won't do it. Everyone get stuck into him!!!

I've got a wedding that Saturday that my manly supporting missus rsvp'd to. If we make it I won't be going. Im missing the mother in laws 50th this Saturday as well. Gonna be a fair dry spell I'm predicting.