What's new
The Front Row Forums

Register a free account today to become a member of the world's largest Rugby League discussion forum! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Finals week 2 - Eels v cowboys

Gary Gutful

Post Whore
F Josh but you gotta admit, there's no excitement for the NRL finals apart from us(Parra fans). At least not this week!
Mate, Brisbane is going off like a frog in a sock today.

I just saw some dude in a Panthers Jersey lay a cable in the middle of Queen St and write 'Bennett blows goats' with it.

Come to think of it @hindy111 has been a bit quiet lately.

Gary Gutful

Post Whore
Whats the bet we get just over 40K this week and then if we win and play the Roosters at SFS it will sellout within 2 hours of going on sale then Buzz Rothfield will write about how the NRL has locked out 20k fans by having a Preliminary Final at the Smaller Death Trap SFS instead of marquee Olympic stadium.
That's very specific. What will Buzz have for lunch that day?

Obscene Assassin

First Grade
Josh has put a negative spin on letting school kids in to a 80k stadium.

Media: NRL crowds are low what are the clubs and admin going to do about it?
Clubs: offer free tickets to kids to force parents into buying tickets themselves
Media: WRONG.

I bet if they put a price limit on tickets the same scumbags would put shit on that too. It's like these guys are working agaainst their best interests.

Poupou Escobar

Post Whore
NRL fans love reading about how everything's going to shit. As long as there's a steady stream of such stories they will buy papers and read news sites.

Stevie

Bench
I have been told off someone that works for the NRL that they are preying for Parra to "rescue" the finals series. Between their worst crowds and the shocking refereeing the only way they can rescue it if Parra and its good story roll through for a title.

Kornstar

Coach
I have been told off someone that works for the NRL that they are preying for Parra to "rescue" the finals series. Between their worst crowds and the shocking refereeing the only way they can rescue it if Parra and its good story roll through for a title.

Well maybe they should just instruct the refs to look both ways. Not favour us or anything but at least penalise the other teams for what you are penalising us for, cause we are certainly not playing perfect teams!!

We rarely get a penalty for the opposition being off side yet we get a few a game. At the game you can see the position off side 4 or 5 metres many times (same as we are) and they never blow a penalty, unless the game is over and they are evening up the count.

hybrideel

Bench
Funnily enough we have won 4, 1 draw and 3 losses in penalty counts over the last 8 games. Maybe our discipline is getting better, especially when you compare it to the first 17 games where we had 4 wins and 13 losses

Angry_eel

First Grade

If that's what NRL is hoping for to save the game then we're in real trouble. A game's strategy can't be "Biggest support base teams win all the time", they need other things.

T.S Quint

Coach
Well maybe they should just instruct the refs to look both ways. Not favour us or anything but at least penalise the other teams for what you are penalising us for, cause we are certainly not playing perfect teams!!

We rarely get a penalty for the opposition being off side yet we get a few a game. At the game you can see the position off side 4 or 5 metres many times (same as we are) and they never blow a penalty, unless the game is over and they are evening up the count.

Nah, they should totally favour us.

hybrideel

Bench
I'm no financial guru but i reckon not jacking the price of season tickets up by 20% would be a good start in getting people through the gates.
Going to the footy is a luxury that many working class people just can't afford these days. For half the price of a family season ticket you can get fox for the the year and watch all games as well as whatever other crap they have on.
On top of that you have to practically take out a mortgage if you want to have a feed and/or a weak as piss beer

crocodile

Bench
I'm no financial guru but i reckon not jacking the price of season tickets up by 20% would be a good start in getting people through the gates.
Going to the footy is a luxury that many working class people just can't afford these days. For half the price of a family season ticket you can get fox for the the year and watch all games as well as whatever other crap they have on.
On top of that you have to practically take out a mortgage if you want to have a feed and/or a weak as piss beer

That would assume attendance is the primary goal. Safer to assume that maximizing financial returns are the goal. Accordingly, the price will be set where the yield is greatest. Doubling the price and 2/3rd filling the stadium is financially more sound than halving the price and filling the stadium. Just business I'm afraid and stuff the fans.