What's new
The Front Row Forums

Register a free account today to become a member of the world's largest Rugby League discussion forum! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Finals week 2 - Eels v cowboys

T.S Quint

Coach
I'm no financial guru but i reckon not jacking the price of season tickets up by 20% would be a good start in getting people through the gates.
Going to the footy is a luxury that many working class people just can't afford these days. For half the price of a family season ticket you can get fox for the the year and watch all games as well as whatever other crap they have on.
On top of that you have to practically take out a mortgage if you want to have a feed and/or a weak as piss beer

You're right, I don't think you are a financial guru.
The basic foxtel package that includes sport is $55 per month = $660 per year.
Are family tickets going for $1320 now?

hybrideel

Bench
Well given you can get the basic + sports package with Foxtel now for $39 a month, that is $468 a year. My family season ticket is $822 from next season. Sure it's not exactly half but it's not far off it.

edit: just thinking that from purely a league perspective you would only need the foxtel for March-September so it would end up $273 a year

Last edited:
Damnit everyone keeps talking us up. Green just declared us the form team of the comp and near certainties. Someone should add up the amount of finals games and rep players the two teams have.

Gronk

Staff member
Damnit everyone keeps talking us up. Green just declared us the form team of the comp and near certainties. Someone should add up the amount of finals games and rep players the two teams have.

Well they lost JT and Scott and we are without Gutho and Tepai. Equal.

They just had a huge win against the Premiers and we had a devistating loss.

Looks like they are the form team to me.

Gary Gutful

Post Whore
Also mentioned that we finally had some decent halves.

t_2003-eels-cards-1-(9)_20170711050556.jpg

Tooooks

Bench
Green: "Parramatta have been the form team leading into the competition...They're probably certainties tomorrow night."

Ahhh Pauly, mind games are supposed to be more subtle than that.

Soren Lorenson

First Grade
There seems to be a real groundswell of popular support for us this week, at least in NSW. I don't know if this will translate to a fair go from the refs, but it will be interesting to see. I'm not saying they deserve to, but the NRL could certainly take a lot of the credit if we go all the way this year. I'm no fan of conspiracy theories, I'm more a believer in human frailties when it comes to the referees, but I'm fascinated to see how the rest of the finals series pans out. #powerhouse.

Gazzamatta

Coach
Providing we manage to avoid the usual horror start to the second half we should be fine. That said the terrible 15 to 20 minutes after half time have become standard procedure. Fingers crossed we have a week off from that garbage period.

84 Baby

Referee
There seems to be a real groundswell of popular support for us this week, at least in NSW. I don't know if this will translate to a fair go from the refs, but it will be interesting to see. I'm not saying they deserve to, but the NRL could certainly take a lot of the credit if we go all the way this year. I'm no fan of conspiracy theories, I'm more a believer in human frailties when it comes to the referees, but I'm fascinated to see how the rest of the finals series pans out. #powerhouse.
If we win this year, put your house on Canberra next year. f**k it multi it into Newcastle for 2019