What's new
The Front Row Forums

Register a free account today to become a member of the world's largest Rugby League discussion forum! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Finals week 2 - Eels v cowboys

Bandwagon

Staff member
Not too sure this will stay at ANZ. Will they want to limit this to a 40k crowd?

I guess it will depend upon results and whether they have an arrangement to use ANZ if required. I imagine reserving the stadium for just in case might cost a wee bit, and I'd reckon booking Allianz and not using it would also have a financial downside.

Joshuatheeel

Staff member
I guess it will depend upon results and whether they have an arrangement to use ANZ if required. I imagine reserving the stadium for just in case might cost a wee bit, and I'd reckon booking Allianz and not using it would also have a financial downside.

I reckon they could easy compensate Allianz with the income generated from a 75k crowd they would get from ANZ.

Additionally it wasn't until late Saturday afo they would had even known that a week 2 final was at ANZ. If we had won, the game was in Melbourne. And we would be playing at ANZ in a GF qualifier, so there must already be a tentative booking in place.

Obscene Assassin

First Grade
So the Cowboys complete pretty good but lack points and aren't the hardest side to defence against.

It won't be easy, but if we complete our sets like yesterday (87%) we should get it and starve them of the opportunity to score. Cowboys don't score long distance tries , sharks just gave them to much ball!!

They are pretty good defensively.

BA has a big job to keep the boys focused and not take the game easy. We will be the favourites!!

Yep. If we kick well and chase hard we can beat them. Need to take Taumalolo's impact out of the game like we did the first time we played them this year. Hopefully Tep is alright because he did that nearly on his own.

PARRA_FAN

Coach
Vave has been a let down of late, Peni if fit comes into to replace him. We shut down their middle forwards we should get away with this.

When Arthur was mentioned of the injuries the other day he said Pritchard and French should be ok and Peni might be a chance, which gives the indication that Arthur will consider him when fit.

lingard

Coach
Watching game I was thinking who would be worse to play. But to be fair sharks had worse game of year.
42% possesion
60% completion vs 82%
38 missed tackles
11 penalties vs 5
1 sin bin
17 errors vs 11
166 runs vs 222.

Lost by a point.

If the sharks got some of the mistakes out of their game they would be awesome. I'm glad it's the Cowboys.

lingard

Coach
French for Smith, and Smith on the bench for Vave imo (to cover French and King).

That's assuming Tepai is cleared from HIA to play - otherwise Vave stays on the bench, Scott into the 13, and Smith takes that bench spot.

No. We go better with four forwards on the bench.

Latest posts