What's new
The Front Row Forums

Register a free account today to become a member of the world's largest Rugby League discussion forum! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Finals week 2 - Eels v cowboys

oldmancraigy

Coach
In hindisght, glad we're playing week 2.

We always tend to be quite rusty after a week off, so methinks strolling into a prelim final with a week off, we would have come out half asleep and been dusted up.

Of course, if we lose to the Cowboys, I'll be filthy we didn't get dusted up! But getting there on the back of an extra game will work better for our guys (I think?)

eel01s

Bench
It is what it is. If we are good enough we will go on to meet the Chooks at Allianz. Not a happy hunting ground for us.

Probably comes up every year, but why aren't the GF playoff games at ANZ?

isaiah

Bench

We always tend to be quite rusty after a week off, so methinks strolling into a prelim final with a week off, we would have come out half asleep and been dusted up.

Of course, if we lose to the Cowboys, I'll be filthy we didn't get dusted up! But getting there on the back of an extra game will work better for our guys (I think?)

This is not much 'if we lose', there is much more 'when we lose'.

lingard

Coach
I don't even know why we're talking about the Cowboys. I'm far more interested in the Parramatta v Roosters game the following week. Should be a really good workout for us before the grand final.

strider

Post Whore
I don't even know why we're talking about the Cowboys. I'm far more interested in the Parramatta v Roosters game the following week. Should be a really good workout for us before the grand final.
I just hope there isnt too long a break before the world club challenge - dont wanna lose fitness

can someone tell the work experience kid at the matty johns show the game is at anz not allianz
they just put up a graphic of the week 2 games with us playing at the wrong stadium fmd pathetic

I f**ked up and posted ANZ, Quinty, when it is in fact at Allianz.

My mistake, but the general point of the post is valid if you can see through my stupidity.

As for Apollo's statement - they've changed finals venues before at the last minute, haven't they? Surely they wouldn't want to piss off twenty thousand fans, especially when crowds for Week 1 were down 33% on last year?

84 Baby

Referee
I believe Apollos statement was about week 3 the game will be at Allianz for whoever plays Rorters. (He is a Rorters fan, yes?)

hindy111

Post Whore
Morgan and Hess are half handy ....I have a lot of respect for Gavin Cooper as well. Most underrated player in NRL....(in my opinion)

Ken edwards is underrated.

What parra has become is a system. Like the storm. We can take put players and replace and the replacement looks good.

Auvau and Smith are examples. I mean Smith was a NSW cup standard.

hindy111

Post Whore
I f**ked up and posted ANZ, Quinty, when it is in fact at Allianz.

My mistake, but the general point of the post is valid if you can see through my stupidity.

As for Apollo's statement - they've changed finals venues before at the last minute, haven't they? Surely they wouldn't want to piss off twenty thousand fans, especially when crowds for Week 1 were down 33% on last year?

Exactly. It wpuld be a royal cokup by the nrl to not try and get above 60k if the final was eels vs roosters.
But if cowboys win why bother moving.

hineyrulz

Post Whore
Ken edwards is underrated.

What parra has become is a system. Like the storm. We can take put players and replace and the replacement looks good.

Auvau and Smith are examples. I mean Smith was a NSW cup standard.
We had our 3rd choice fullback and 3rd choice dummy half and we went within a merkin hair of knocking off the Storm at home.

That first half was as good as the team can play, it's a testament to BA and the team and culture he is building at the club.

Obscene Assassin

First Grade
Exactly. It wpuld be a royal cokup by the nrl to not try and get above 60k if the final was eels vs roosters.
But if cowboys win why bother moving.

There's no way roosters vs Eels gets 60k. Parra vs dogs in 09 got 70k, there's no chance that there would only be 10k less than at that game. Better off packing 35-40k into Allianz (much better ground to watch League at) where it will look good, feel good and sound good. Than get the same amount into ANZ.