What's new
The Front Row Forums

Register a free account today to become a member of the world's largest Rugby League discussion forum! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Finals week 2 - Eels v cowboys

isaiah

Bench
Ken edwards is underrated.

What parra has become is a system. Like the storm. We can take put players and replace and the replacement looks good.

Auvau and Smith are examples. I mean Smith was a NSW cup standard.
You dream about being like the storm. Maybe that's why you busted the cap last year.

T.S Quint

Coach
I f**ked up and posted ANZ, Quinty, when it is in fact at Allianz.

My mistake, but the general point of the post is valid if you can see through my stupidity.

As for Apollo's statement - they've changed finals venues before at the last minute, haven't they? Surely they wouldn't want to piss off twenty thousand fans, especially when crowds for Week 1 were down 33% on last year?

Ah ok, I thought you guys were talking about this weekend's game.

I'm not sure the SFS wouldn't be big enough for a Final involving the Eels and the Roosters. But if they are expecting a massive crowd of over 40k because it is 2 Sydney teams, then by all means move it. Why should the Roosters get to play at their home ground when other Sydney teams don't get to.

Incorrect

Coach
This may have already been answered somewhere else around these parts.... But does anyone know if the new Parra Stadium will be used as Finals venue when it's completed? Say for instance in 2019, if we were playing an out of town team like the Cowboys or Warriors, would we play the game at the new Parra Stadium or would it also have to shift to ANZ or Allianz??

Obviously if we were playing the Dogs or Penrith or something we'd be moving it to Homebush to meet ticket demand...

T.S Quint

Coach
This may have already been answered somewhere else around these parts.... But does anyone know if the new Parra Stadium will be used as Finals venue when it's completed? Say for instance in 2019, if we were playing an out of town team like the Cowboys or Warriors, would we play the game at the new Parra Stadium or would it also have to shift to ANZ or Allianz??

Obviously if we were playing the Dogs or Penrith or something we'd be moving it to Homebush to meet ticket demand...

I would assume it would be used.
Then again the NRL tend to not know what they are doing at times, so...

Djay

Juniors

You'd like to think that it would be used for home semis, but i can just imagine the uproar from teams like Manly etc.

Sensei Cobra

Juniors
Why should the Roosters get to play at their home ground when other Sydney teams don't get to.

Because they finished top 4 and won week 1, much like the storm who will play in Melbourne week 3.
Hard to imagine the roosters will agree to give up their home ground advantage.

Personally, I think that by week 3 all finals should be a Homebush.

Gronk

Staff member
There's no way roosters vs Eels gets 60k. Parra vs dogs in 09 got 70k, there's no chance that there would only be 10k less than at that game. Better off packing 35-40k into Allianz (much better ground to watch League at) where it will look good, feel good and sound good. Than get the same amount into ANZ.

Allianz / SGC Trust already have the game on their website.

NRL Preliminary Final: Sydney Roosters v Eels/Cowboys
Saturday September 23, 2017
http://www.sydneycricketground.com....iminary-final-sydney-roosters-v-eelscowboys-/

84 Baby

Referee
Personally, I think that by week 3 all finals should be a Homebush.
I kind of agree (the obvious exception would be 2 of the QLD teams playing each other) but it would come down to attendances. Perhaps if it's 2 out of NSW teams give it to the higher placed team

Kornstar

Coach
Allianz / SGC Trust already have the game on their website.

NRL Preliminary Final: Sydney Roosters v Eels/Cowboys
Saturday September 23, 2017
http://www.sydneycricketground.com....iminary-final-sydney-roosters-v-eelscowboys-/

I reckon the crowd will be disappointing this week and if we make it through probably another disappointment at Allianz.

This week because we lost and a lot of fans won't bother and also cause the refs are at an all time low and so many people don't think it's worth wasting money if refs determine the outcome of a game.

Next week because Allianz is the worst ground in the world to get to, park and leave and is poor f**kers from the west will be the ones that would make up most of the crowd as we know Roosters fans can't travel that far even when the game is close to them.

For the record I will be at both games (should we make it to next week of course).

BoneyBlake17

Juniors
We will get 30k i reckon this week. A lot of fans who didn't go to Melbourne last week would be keen. And lets face it we have been saving up for finals tickets 8 years there is no excuse.

And if we win Allianz will be packed to the rafters next week. With it being a saturday night there will be 40k there no rushing home from work if it was a friday and i reckon the atmosphere will be as electric as it was in 2009 in the bulldogs game i reckon.

Last edited:

Kornstar

Coach
Considering the regular season we had this year our crowds were terrible.

We won 4 less games in 2009 and to end the season we were killing it with crowds. This year not so much.

So I don't have much faith in our supporters at the moment.

Obscene Assassin

First Grade
I reckon the crowd will be disappointing this week and if we make it through probably another disappointment at Allianz.

This week because we lost and a lot of fans won't bother and also cause the refs are at an all time low and so many people don't think it's worth wasting money if refs determine the outcome of a game.

Next week because Allianz is the worst ground in the world to get to, park and leave and is poor f**kers from the west will be the ones that would make up most of the crowd as we know Roosters fans can't travel that far even when the game is close to them.

For the record I will be at both games (should we make it to next week of course).

I can't agree that Allianz is hard to get to. From most places you only have to catch one train to central and then they have a bus service which takes you basically to the front door. And if you want to walk up there's many bars and restaurants to get food/drink. Easily my second favourite stadium behind Parra.

Obscene Assassin

First Grade
Considering the regular season we had this year our crowds were terrible.

We won 4 less games in 2009 and to end the season we were killing it with crowds. This year not so much.

So I don't have much faith in our supporters at the moment.

Our supporters have been terrible getting to games this year.

BoneyBlake17

Juniors
To be fair the timeslots at the back end when were on a roll were bad timing.

Thursday night against the titans.

And 6pm friday night against Newcastle.

Was bad luck.

We got 30k to the tigers home game and i reckon 60% were parra that day

Kornstar

Coach
I can't agree that Allianz is hard to get to. From most places you only have to catch one train to central and then they have a bus service which takes you basically to the front door. And if you want to walk up there's many bars and restaurants to get food/drink. Easily my second favourite stadium behind Parra.

I should have specified, it is terrible from Parramatta to drive there and park and then know you will have around 1-2 hours to fight the car park after the game.

I refuse to use public transport because it is terrible and cramped and full of wankers and not convenient for me at all. Being on a train after the game and heading my way is full of junkies and violent merkins.

I like the actual stadium, just not any of the ways to get in and out. The saving grace is it's a Saturday night.