What's new
The Front Row Forums

Register a free account today to become a member of the world's largest Rugby League discussion forum! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Finals week 2 - Eels v cowboys

Gronk

Staff member
I have to say, I like the new team naming rules. It means as a fan you can be sure certain players wont get rushed in last minute etc. They did good there, and yes, that's about all they did.

Agree. They get A+ on that.

Obscene Assassin

First Grade
I have to say, I like the new team naming rules. It means as a fan you can be sure certain players wont get rushed in last minute etc. They did good there, and yes, that's about all they did.

It's good as a fan but I don't think teams should be named at all. Sure it sucks as a fan but it'd be interesting to see how teams would prepare without the knowledge if player X or Y are going to be playing.

Poupou Escobar

Post Whore
They sure are.

dildos.colorful.jpg

eels_fan

First Grade
Do you bring French back vs Roosters (presuming a win on Saturday)? I say yes if he is fit. He is the X factor we may need to win a GF in a tight match. Maybe we ease him in on the wing against the roosters

Bazal

Post Whore
Do you bring French back vs Roosters (presuming a win on Saturday)? I say yes if he is fit. He is the X factor we may need to win a GF in a tight match. Maybe we ease him in on the wing against the roosters

Yeah but who goes to fullback? Semi and Auva'a give us massive go forward out of our end, we can't be dropping either in a prelim (if we get there).

I agree that if French is fit then he plays, but he plays fullback IMO

Joshuatheeel

Staff member
Andrew Webster mentioned on NRL360 something like, he knows that the club is concerned we may not be "up" for this week.

BoneyBlake17

Juniors
It's certainly a minor concern because last week would have taken a lot out of them. Physically and mentally.

Its why i think this week will be harder to win then the prelim for some reason.

Maybe its because of supporting parra my whole life yet to see them win a premiership and being disappointed over the years just when you think they will break the drought. Brian smith days still haunt me

Ill feel more confident being the underdog against the roosters next week if we get through.

eels_fan

First Grade
If we win well against the Cowboys, I see no reason whatsoever why we wouldn't be favourites against the roosters. It's not like they are playing out of their skins, they were only marginally better than a poor broncos team last Friday

Poupou Escobar

Post Whore
I think the win over Cronulla will take a lot out of the Cowboys. They will struggle to get up against us, especially after belting us in the last meeting between the teams.

T.S Quint

Coach
Because they finished top 4 and won week 1, much like the storm who will play in Melbourne week 3.
Hard to imagine the roosters will agree to give up their home ground advantage.

Personally, I think that by week 3 all finals should be a Homebush.

Yes of course, but what I'm saying is what if the crowd is expected to go above the stadium's limit?
If Manly finished in the top 4 they would not be afforded the same rights as the Roosters. They would have had to play at a larger stadium because the expected crowd would be larger than their home stadium can accommodate.

All I was saying is that IF there was a crowd of over 50k expected for a Roosters final (yeah I know, as if) then why should they not suck it up and move just like almost every other Sydney team has to.

T.S Quint

Coach
Considering the regular season we had this year our crowds were terrible.

We won 4 less games in 2009 and to end the season we were killing it with crowds. This year not so much.

So I don't have much faith in our supporters at the moment.

I think there may have been quite a few factors working against us getting decent crowds this season.
The disaster that was 2016 had to have had some impact. Surely there were some Parra fans disillusioned with the club that they didn't want to have anything to do with them this year. May have been a small percentage, but I would bet there would be more than a couple.

Moving to ANZ didn't help. One bloke who I regularly go to games with, who has had a season ticket do the past 10 years didn't want one this year because of the move to ANZ. We know of mad Parra fans on this very site who hate going there, and refuse to do so.

And as pointed out before, our schedule was not the best (in terms of times/days played). How many Sunday games did we have? I can't remember more than a couple. We had quite a few Thursdays which doesn't help. We were lucky to only get one Friday 6pm game though.

I'm hoping for a Finals game the Eels fans would come out of the woodwork once again. It's on a Saturday night, so not as many people have the excuse of having to work. Even the "It takes too long to get out there" excuse doesn't wash with me on a game like this. You've most likely got all day - make some effort to support your team! Ticket prices? Not sure what they are...but we've had a f**king long time to save up for them.

Latest posts