What's new
The Front Row Forums

Register a free account today to become a member of the world's largest Rugby League discussion forum! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Melbourne Storm re-signs Brett Finch

Pumba

First Grade
Melbourne Storm re-signs Brett Finch

Melbourne Storm has secured the prized signature of five-eighth Brett Finch for at least another season.

It took less than four months at the Storm for the former New South Wales State of Origin halfback to be convinced that his short-term future belonged in Melbourne.

Relishing his role in a backline consisting the likes of Billy Slater, Greg Inglis and Cooper Cronk, Finch decided against testing the open market as he searches for an elusive premiership.

He signed a new deal this morning that will keep him at the Storm until the end of 2010.

“It didn’t take me long to realise Melbourne was where I wanted to be next year,” said Finch.

“I’m really enjoying my football down here. It’s a great club with great players and a great culture.

“Craig Bellamy is an outstanding coach and he has the Storm well placed for continued success in the future.

“In the end this was an easy decision for me to make.”

Finch joined the Storm in April after cutting ties with former club Parramatta.

It was the 27-year-old’s fourth club having also played at Canberra and Sydney Roosters.

Storm coach Craig Bellamy said Finch had made an immediate impression at the Storm.

“Brett has been tremendous,” said Bellamy, also the New South Wales coach.

“He’s only been here a short time but already he’s had a significant impact.

“For him to re-sign with the club for another season is a great result for all parties.”

The decision by Finch to re-sign follows last week’s announcement that Brett White had pledged his long-term future to the Storm.

White, also 27, extended his current contract until the end of 2012.

He joined Greg Inglis, Billy Slater, Cameron Smith, Dallas Johnson, Jeff Lima, Anthony Quinn, Ryan Hoffman and Cooper Cronk in pledging his long-term future to the Storm.

Finch, who has played 227 career NRL games, will return to Sydney later today ahead of tomorrow night’s National Rugby League clash against St George Illawarra.

League Unlimited

Latest posts