What's new
The Front Row Forums

Register a free account today to become a member of the world's largest Rugby League discussion forum! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Fire or Flounder!

Rabbits20

Immortal
I already made up a thread for everything for Souths v Tigers.

Southsport made one up and the mods intertwined his into my thread.

If you have an issue with who did that, take it up with them.

But I made up the thread first hence Southy's was deleted.

Pommy

Coach
I already made up a thread for everything for Souths v Tigers.

Southsport made one up and the mods intertwined his into my thread.

If you have an issue with who did that, take it up with them.

But I made up the thread first hence Southy's was deleted.

So unsurprisingly my point went totally over your head. If I ignore you I won't see the match day threads and you had a whine about Southy starting a new one.
I have no issue just stating why I can't ignore you.

DiegoNT

First Grade
They're all copying me now too and having profile pictures of our players!!!!!!!!

It is pure madness.

They obviously aren't as passionate/it doesn't mean as much to them as you and I. It's a feeling that can't be described.

I'm mates with a foundation member and he can't believe some of the duds we have. He's in the first 100 members ever to sign up with Souths.

There are far too many trolls on here. I showed my mate briefly and he said quite a lot on here are not the definition of what it means to be true South Sydney!!!!!!!! It's a connection as I said that goes deep into your heart. You know what I mean Shadow!!!!!!! I think alien would understand too.

To some it's just a bit of a muck around and footy, it doesn't much at all. It's just a bit of a hobby and not being a diehard member!!!!!!!!!
Why aren't people true south Sydney supporters? Because we appreciate players like Tyrrell, Clark and turner, all who won us a premiership? Because we don't cry and whinge because maguire picked Kelly? Because we understand that we need a true halfback to play, that a more talented player might not be the best option playing out of position? Because we'd prefer to see a young fella like burns, who impressed in the charity shield, to replace an older no frills Goodwin? I'd prefer Goodwin be replaced by burns, but now that his there I'll support him and I'm not going to cry like a baby about it like you do with Tyrell, Kelly and talaki.
What a shit thing to say about everyone else here because you don't like their opinion. It's not trolling to have another opinion. It's not trolling to support out players. Here's a tip. If all your friends agree with everything you say and never disagree then they aren't good friends.
Stop being a little shit calling people trolls

Rabbit toes

First Grade
Why aren't people true south Sydney supporters? Because we appreciate players like Tyrrell, Clark and turner, all who won us a premiership? Because we don't cry and whinge because maguire picked Kelly? Because we understand that we need a true halfback to play, that a more talented player might not be the best option playing out of position? Because we'd prefer to see a young fella like burns, who impressed in the charity shield, to replace an older no frills Goodwin? I'd prefer Goodwin be replaced by burns, but now that his there I'll support him and I'm not going to cry like a baby about it like you do with Tyrell, Kelly and talaki.
What a shit thing to say about everyone else here because you don't like their opinion. It's not trolling to have another opinion. It's not trolling to support out players. Here's a tip. If all your friends agree with everything you say and never disagree then they aren't good friends.
Well said

callmack1

Staff member
They're all copying me now too and having profile pictures of our players!!!!!!!!

It is pure madness.

They obviously aren't as passionate/it doesn't mean as much to them as you and I. It's a feeling that can't be described.

I'm mates with a foundation member and he can't believe some of the duds we have. He's in the first 100 members ever to sign up with Souths.

There are far too many trolls on here. I showed my mate briefly and he said quite a lot on here are not the definition of what it means to be true South Sydney!!!!!!!! It's a connection as I said that goes deep into your heart. You know what I mean Shadow!!!!!!! I think alien would understand too.

To some it's just a bit of a muck around and footy, it doesn't much at all. It's just a bit of a hobby and not being a diehard member!!!!!!!!!
I know what you mean. South's are my life.

callmack1

Staff member
R20 you know your my bro but the others are right (in some parts). Just because they disagree with you doesn't mean they're trolling, they are simply voicing their opinion.

Sometimes they go a bit far and get a bit nasty though.

Anyway, I don't know why you guys dislike each other and it's fine to dislike each other but can you stop having little digs at each other every time you post. Try to be civil about it. Everyone's getting sick of the constant bickering.

callmack1

Staff member
Back on topic. Some people may not like George being dropped right now but I think in the long run it will hugely benefit the team once the fried up George that we know and love comes back.

Rabbits20

Immortal
R20 you know your my bro but the others are right (in some parts). Just because they disagree with you doesn't mean they're trolling, they are simply voicing their opinion.

Sometimes they go a bit far and get a bit nasty though.

Anyway, I don't know why you guys dislike each other and it's fine to dislike each other but can you stop having little digs at each other every time you post. Try to be civil about it. Everyone's getting sick of the constant bickering.
I didn't mean they are trolling just as they have a different view. I think you exactly know what I mean.

We should be able to post views and respect one another without being criticised.

I've tried respecting them but they haven't even tried respecting me.

Not sometimes they go a bit far. Nearly all the time they go too far.

If I believe we have players that aren't up to it I'm allowed to post that without being criticised.

Anyway the proof will be in the pudding as they say!!!!!!!!!!!

Rabbits20

Immortal
Back on topic. Some people may not like George being dropped right now but I think in the long run it will hugely benefit the team once the fried up George that we know and love comes back.
Correct. I think the same thing.

I hope if others don't perform Madge does the same thing.

Rabbits20

Immortal
I get your point now Pommy. Sorry I misunderstood.

What I do is just show ignored content to see if any new threads are made up and then I post to other posters in that thread.

Rabbits20

Immortal
It's a connection thing that is hard to describe Diego. Maybe you do feel that deep in your heart!!!! Maybe it does mean so much to you!!!!!!! To some it's just footy is the footy and not a big deal. To my foundation mate Souths have played a big part in his life. Callmack gets where I'm coming from. Souths hold a special place in my heart too. It's more than it just being the footy is the footy. I get very passionate about it!!!!

I respect your views re Tyrrell, Clark etc..... but I have different views. For example Tyrrell declined rapidly and imo he's past it.

Kelly has previously been ordinary imo. I hope he proves a point but I'm not confident.

I don't have to be happy that Kelly is in. Of course I'll be cheering him on tomorrow.

Imo Goodwin is better than no frills.

I don't think your views are trolling. You're entitled to them!!!!!!

I'm not saying it about everyone here. I didn't mean it in that way.

I want success. I feel there are some players who can't bring us success. Surely you can see that in ways???

DiegoNT

First Grade
It's a connection thing that is hard to describe Diego. Maybe you do feel that deep in your heart!!!! Maybe it does mean so much to you!!!!!!! To some it's just footy is the footy and not a big deal. To my foundation mate Souths have played a big part in his life. Callmack gets where I'm coming from. Souths hold a special place in my heart too. It's more than it just being the footy is the footy. I get very passionate about it!!!!

I respect your views re Tyrrell, Clark etc..... but I have different views. For example Tyrrell declined rapidly and imo he's past it.

Kelly has previously been ordinary imo. I hope he proves a point but I'm not confident.

I don't have to be happy that Kelly is in. Of course I'll be cheering him on tomorrow.

Imo Goodwin is better than no frills.

I don't think your views are trolling. You're entitled to them!!!!!!

I'm not saying it about everyone here. I didn't mean it in that way.

I want success. I feel there are some players who can't bring us success. Surely you can see that in ways???
Who are you to tell me my connection is weak.
My father and his father before him are from deep in Souths Territory. He grew up with red and green through his veins. His seen family play for Souths at all levels. He passed that passion to me. I started watching Souths as a young kid in the mid 90s. And I loved them with all my heart. Wins were incredibly rare and each one was like a go win. In fact some of those wins in the bad years were equal to the gf win. I cried my Heart out the day we were kicked from the comp. I had a ratty Smith's chips jumper from the 80s ( we were poor at the time) and I wore it everyday for a fortnight as I was in mourning for losing my team. I cried the day we were RE-admitted. I cried the day we beat cronulla in rd 26 in 2005 to avoid the spoon for the first time since being RE-admitted. I cried when we beat tigers at leichhardt to qualify for our first finals in almost 20 years in 07. Heck I cried when we signed Inglis as that's when I knew a premiership would finally be an achievable dream. I had people I went to School with message me congratulions after 2014 because they remembered the hassle I got for supporting rabbitohs when everyone was supporting the broncos or knights at the time. There was period for 5 years where I never actually watched Souths win a game. Between 99-04 my family were poor and couldn't afford austar and Souths never won channel 9 games. Souths won a game early in 99 against the raiders, and until Willie Peters kicked a wobbly field goal in golden point against the tigers in rd 2 2004 I did not see Souths win a game.
But of course I don't have the same passion as you because I don't cry like a baby when Dave tyrrell (literally put his body on the line to win us a Premiership) or Luke Kelly (specifically sort out by maguire for a reason) get selected.
Grow the f**k up

Rabbits20

Immortal
Who are you to tell me my connection is weak.
My father and his father before him are from deep in Souths Territory. He grew up with red and green through his veins. His seen family play for Souths at all levels. He passed that passion to me. I started watching Souths as a young kid in the mid 90s. And I loved them with all my heart. Wins were incredibly rare and each one was like a go win. In fact some of those wins in the bad years were equal to the gf win. I cried my Heart out the day we were kicked from the comp. I had a ratty Smith's chips jumper from the 80s ( we were poor at the time) and I wore it everyday for a fortnight as I was in mourning for losing my team. I cried the day we were RE-admitted. I cried the day we beat cronulla in rd 26 in 2005 to avoid the spoon for the first time since being RE-admitted. I cried when we beat tigers at leichhardt to qualify for our first finals in almost 20 years in 07. Heck I cried when we signed Inglis as that's when I knew a premiership would finally be an achievable dream. I had people I went to School with message me congratulions after 2014 because they remembered the hassle I got for supporting rabbitohs when everyone was supporting the broncos or knights at the time. There was period for 5 years where I never actually watched Souths win a game. Between 99-04 my family were poor and couldn't afford austar and Souths never won channel 9 games. Souths won a game early in 99 against the raiders, and until Willie Peters kicked a wobbly field goal in golden point against the tigers in rd 2 2004 I did not see Souths win a game.
But of course I don't have the same passion as you because I don't cry like a baby when Dave tyrrell (literally put his body on the line to win us a Premiership) or Luke Kelly (specifically sort out by maguire for a reason) get selected.
Grow the f**k up
I didn't actually specifically say you. It was a generalised comment. I think it's important we share our stories rather than bickering. Thanks for opening up.

When I say I have cried you call me a cry baby and say a grown man shouldn't cry. That trolling from you wasn't right. If Robbie is man of the match tomorrow for example I'll probably get emotional and then for guys on here to make fun of that isn't right. Or as I feel we got robbed big time by a ref there may be a tear come into my eye. It's all part of being passionate and on this forum I've been made fun of for that making me believe some on here aren't true South Sydney being horrid to a fellow Souths member. I got hassled at school too and bullied for going for the Bunnies. So we have that in common.

I remember when we scored our first try in round 1 2002 right near the end of the match I cried.

I am grown up. I am going to continue respecting your view let's see if you can man up and return the favour.

doyen

Bench
I know what you mean. South's are my life.

Doyen is my life;followed very,very closely by my 4 kids,my 9 g/kids & my 3 great g/kids.

I know what you mean though--Sths has been a significant part of my life for over 60 yrs.

But,if any of my kids et al were playing sport on one side of the road & Sths on the other side I would go & watch my kids first--- everytime!!

Rabbits20

Immortal
Doyen is my life;followed very,very closely by my 4 kids,my 9 g/kids & my 3 great g/kids.

I know what you mean though--Sths has been a significant part of my life for over 60 yrs.

But,if any of my kids et al were playing sport on one side of the road & Sths on the other side I would go & watch my kids first--- everytime!!
Thanks for sharing.

foreverinourshadow

First Grade
This is how the tigpies will feel after rd1....Shadow...
tigger-bridge-01.gif

callmack1

Staff member

Haha. I don't have any kids yet but you get what I mean. I'd probably do the same