What's new
The Front Row Forums

Register a free account today to become a member of the world's largest Rugby League discussion forum! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Firman or Head?

Firman or Head

• Brett Firman

Votes: 0 0.0%
  • Matthew Head

Votes: 0 0.0%

• Total voters

Collateral

Coach
With Matthew Head playing well lately and the Dragons winning 3 in a row, I was wondering who the Dragons fans prefer.

Personally, I prefer Brett Firman 100 times better because he really stood up last season and carried the team to within an inch of making the finals.
He has one of the best kicking games in the NRL and a very Lethal running game.

Whereas Matt Head doesnt really take on the line but has an outstanding Passing and kicking game.

I think Brown prefers Firman too and I hope we keep Brett as our Full Time Halfback.

A lot of the pressure is off Matty Head IMO this season because of Withers and Barrett... Withers is organising extremely well out of dummy half and Barrett takes a lot of the load off Head. Firman didnt have any of this last year but still was our shining player.

So what do you guys think?

11Straight

Juniors
I think Firmans the better of the 2 but jeez Head is proving to be a genuine star of the future.

Saint 60

Juniors
Ill have Billy Smith or Stevie Morris....
but
If Jobe can keep his kicking going well, expecially when we are attacking their line....he'd have my vote

flip

Juniors
I think Head's style suits Barretts a little better, plus I like his kicking game.. though I think Firman has the distance kick.

I havn't really seen enough I'd say

Anonymous

Juniors
I prefer Mathew Head at the moment because he has both legs working.

Seriously though, And how frustrating for Firmo getting injured while dropped.
I think we're damn lucky to have a backup like Head in the squad. It wasnt that long ago that we had Keiran Kerr and Willie Peters competing for the spot.

Dragon

Coach
Im with Denis on this one. Head is my pick. Firman just doesnt seem to fit in as comfortably. I particularly like Matts left foot kicking game. It caught the Panthers out numerous times last week. Having a left foot/right foot halves combo is awesome.

Head+Left foot= we own your in-goal. :lol:

Benny

First Grade
Firman - Takes long on is the main reason

A half back needs to pose questions to the attack otherwise they'll just sweat on the ball runner and Head doesn't do that just delivers, delivers, delivers!

Firmo is better in my opinion...Head is good though

Im a big fan of The Firmanator but ive been waiting for Matty Head to make an impact and i knew he was gonna put pressure on Firman this year, Firmo i feel lacks the confidence at times to back himself.

Head meanwhile has that old style cheeky halfback confidence a good kicking game and of course is from Dapto..........lol

In fact i thought Firman might have had trouble keeping Head in reggies this year

My vote Gimme Head

Dubbo sux Dapto rulzzzzzzzz

lolesi

First Grade
Head has been playing really well! its always good to have someone like that who can replace a class act like firman!
Though if you think next year firman gets the nod over head, will he goto another club or what? he is also a very nice goal kicker.

Dragon

Coach
Id say there would be lots of clubs interested in Matty.

I doubt we could hold onto both of them, although its been suggested Barrett could move to lock, Firman to 5/8 and Head at halfback. Could be awesome!

Southernsaint

Staff member
Firman is far too injury prone for my liking (as if we need another one of those!!), but I do think he edges Head in class.

Still, Matthew is playing very well this year & has a massive opportunity to put some distance between himself & Firman while Brett's out injured.

Keep both!!

Cheers,
Ben S.

Collateral

Coach
I wanted the Barrett to Lock, Byrne to halfback and Firman to 5/8 last season.
But where would we put Timmo?

I think we will hold onto Firman which would be a very good investment.

Biglance

Bench
head and lachlan russell are the best kicking options at the club with hornby third according to laurie

Latest posts