What's new
The Front Row Forums

Register a free account today to become a member of the world's largest Rugby League discussion forum! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

First Test: Australia V. New Zealand

JJ

Immortal
Chippo Raiders said:
Just trying to bring some sense to those that may be thinking Wiseman kicks ass

Wiseman's ordinary - but not as ordinary as Hauritz :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol:

Chippo Raiders

Juniors
I don't rate Hauritz.....even Hogg was better than Wiseman, and I mean Stuart MacGill would have 250 + wickets eyes closed if Warne wasn't in his way

JJ

Immortal
Wiseman's better than Hogg.

But there just aren't many good finger spinners anywhere

Chippo Raiders

Juniors
No way..........not even close Wiseman averages 42 at test level........42 Mark Waugh averaged 40...Wiseman isn't international class and he will prove that if he makes the Adelaide test

JJ

Immortal
Chippo Raiders said:
No way..........not even close Wiseman averages 42 at test level........42 Mark Waugh averaged 40...Wiseman isn't international class and he will prove that if he makes the Adelaide test

If you've watched any NZ tests, you'll have seen how Fleming has used WIseman in the past - in short he hasn't - unless the opposition has been 400 for 1. On the few occasions that he's played on helpful pitches and had a decent spell he's gotten people out (something Hauritz patently couldn't manage)

lockyno1

Post Whore
Wiseman's ordinary - but not as ordinary as Hauritz

You just wait- Hauritz will be good in the future but he needs to work on a few things to become a great off-spinner! I rate him :clap:

JJ

Immortal
lockyno1 said:
Wiseman's ordinary - but not as ordinary as Hauritz

You just wait- Hauritz will be good in the future but he needs to work on a few things to become a great off-spinner! I rate him :clap:
Good on you - we should all get hold of what you're taking!

I guess I just can't get past the fact that on a spinner's paradise, Michael Clarke was more dangeous (I'm assuming, therefore that Lehman would have been too) - go figure.

lockyno1

Post Whore

I guess I just can't get past the fact that on a spinner's paradise, Michael Clarke was more dangeous (I'm assuming, therefore that Lehman would have been too) - go figure.

I know as well as you that Hauritz did not have the world's best debut but he still got 5 wickets which is a sound debut. I would take that anyday. I said that he has got to work on his bowling to become better even I admit that. Clarke bowled well that day and noone can take anything away from him. Hauritz still got Sachin and Laxman out!

JJ

Immortal
Chippo Raiders said:
Michael Clarke averages 2.17 so :!: :arrow: :lol:

Yes - and I reckon that Clarke's average will rise..

But the question was whether Hauritz is much use...

so, on the same wicket Hauritz averages what???

JJ

Immortal
lockyno1 said:

I know as well as you that Hauritz did not have the world's best debut but he still got 5 wickets which is a sound debut. I would take that anyday. I said that he has got to work on his bowling to become better even I admit that. Clarke bowled well that day and noone can take anything away from him. Hauritz still got Sachin and Laxman out!

Well the standard Aussie line was that the wicket was diabolical...

Chippo Raiders

Juniors
Remember Warne's debut........ but I don't rate Hauritz, he has't even dominated at State level....Cameron White is better although he is ordinary too, there is a young leggy coming through in NSW that you might want to keep your eye on in 5 years or so

Anonymous

Juniors
Are you talking about Zammit? He hasn't been very impressive in his limited appearences. I think Beau Casson is one of the better long term prospects, with Xavier Doherty on the horizon as well.

lockyno1

Post Whore

Possibly, but everyone had their chance to get Sachin and Laxman before they got runs and Hauritz was the one that got them BOTH!

Chippo Raiders

Juniors
Timbo said:
Are you talking about Zammit? He hasn't been very impressive in his limited appearences. I think Beau Casson is one of the better long term prospects, with Xavier Doherty on the horizon as well.
No I am not.......I doubt you would know the guy, he is coming through grade now and is only 15!!!!!! Liam Zammitt is yet to establish himself

Anonymous

Juniors
lockyno1 said:

Possibly, but everyone had their chance to get Sachin and Laxman before they got runs and Hauritz was the one that got them BOTH!

After scoring 55 and 69 respectively. On a pitch which a part time spinner took 6/9. As the primary spinner on that deck it was HIS JOB to get them CHEAPLY.

Latest posts