What's new
The Front Row Forums

Register a free account today to become a member of the world's largest Rugby League discussion forum! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Fitzgerald its time to move on

Pricey

Juniors
the asshole has to go, he is poison to what was once a great club. I am amazed by the amount of people that think he is good and bury there head in the sand like an ostrich. Everyone that likes him must have long necks. :pray: leave you pr!ck

Stagger eel

Staff member
Pricey said:
the asshole has to go, he is poison to what was once a great club. I am amazed by the amount of people that think he is good and bury there head in the sand like an ostrich. Everyone that likes him must have long necks. :pray: leave you pr!ck

Prick and asshole???? :lol: ...as if anyone's going to disagree with you there :sarcasm:

if you're going to put an arguement forward as to why Fitzy should be gone you'll have to do much better than that, in fact you're going to have to learn how our club operates, for a start and secondly give us some more constructive reasons you git..infact, here's a tip!! start from 1978 and work your way up.

Go!!

Gronk

Staff member
I don't like him either, but if our current playing staff played to their potential you wouldn't be even talking about Fitzy.

Stagger eel

Staff member
Gronk said:
I don't like him either, but if our current playing staff played to their potential you wouldn't be even talking about Fitzy.

and the reason for that is that Fitzy hardly gets his toes wet in the football side of things, of course I'm not really sure whether Pricey's aware of that.

Rookie

Juniors
Is that the real Pricey? As in Raymond?? Former legend? Seems to echo the real Pricey's sentiments.

I hear these things all the time regarding Fitzgerald. I am not for or against him. Can anyone explain what he should be doing better other than saying he is a dickhead. I know there has been player retention issues, coach retention issues but can anyone please explain specific reasons. I am just confused. I know he hasnt got a good reputation and isnt popular but I dont know why.

Stagger eel

Staff member
Rookie said:
Is that the real Pricey? As in Raymond?? Former legend? Seems to echo the real Pricey's sentiments.

I hear these things all the time regarding Fitzgerald. I am not for or against him. Can anyone explain what he should be doing better other than saying he is a dickhead. I know there has been player retention issues, coach retention issues but can anyone please explain specific reasons. I am just confused. I know he hasnt got a good reputation and isnt popular but I dont know why.

situation with coach: late last year Fitzy made a recomendation to the board to not re-sign Smithy after this season and also recomended they chase and appoint Michael Hagan. The board approved.

Player retention: 110% Head coach's call, nothing to do with fitzy.

I'm Your Huckleberry.

I hear this sort of thing all the time.

And as a Member of the F7's wrote about it in a recent game. I am sure everyone will tell you this was the lowest scoring article in the Game, but still here it is .

MITS's F7's Article with Additions in bold said:
Getting Rid of Denis?
By Mits

Very little is known about the politics at Parramatta. Many people believe, incorrectly, that Denis is the Chairman, the President or an elected head of the club. Denis is the Chief Executive Officer (CEO) and, as such, is the first employee of the company; Denis is employed by the Parramatta Leagues Club Group’s board of directors. The current Board is, Alan Overton AM Chairman,Don Ritchie, Ron Hilditch, Peter Miller, Gary Morris, Dr Michael Johnson, Chris Jurd

So what would it take to spill Denis from the club, save him resigning? Here is a brief look into the politics at Parramatta, something I have been lucky enough to be involved in since 1998.

CLUB STRUCTURE

The Parramatta Leagues Club Group (PLCG) is the holding company and runs Parramatta Leagues Club, and its sister clubs, the Parramatta Two Blues Club and Dundas Valley Rugby Club now called Vikings Sports Club.

The charter of the Leagues Club itself is as follows:

1) To provide facilities for members and guests of the club.
2) To promote Rugby League in the Parramatta District.

Up until 1999, the Leagues Club provided a significant grant to the football club allowing the football club run both the NRL and all junior league sides. This grant was approximately 9 – 12 million a year.

On the Football club board at the time was a Minority of People who were Causing problems between the football club and the leagues club, like what was happening at South Sydney. There was a though amongust the leagues club to pull all funding, Luckily, a solution was found to put this bitter dispute to an end

At the 1999 Annual General Meeting (AGM) of the Football club, the board of the club put forward a motion to have the NRL side run by the Leagues Club to allow a much more streamline funding system for football operations without politics or taxation getting in the way. The AGM heard speeches from Brian Smith and Clinton Schifcofske about the added bonus of having their contracts guaranteed by the Leagues Club. The motion was carried by a majority at the AGM, As such the Parramatta National Rugby League Club Pty Ltd. (PNRLC) was created and, once again, made a member of the PLCG.

It is the PNRLC that runs the NRL side while the rest of Rugby League is run out of the Football Club office.

It is a requirement of the arrangement that three members of the Football Club board are on the Leagues Club board.

South’s and the Sea Eagles talk about privatisation, Parramatta privatised in 1999.

REPLACING THE CEO

To replace the CEO you may need to unseat the current board. To do that you will need to be, firstly, a member of the Parramatta Football Club (PDRLFC), and secondly have been a member of the PDRLFC for three years before receiving voting rights.

You would then need to vote on members of a rival ticket to the current board. You would need to get at least four new board members of the Football Club to be of any use in the future, and they would need to remain on the board through the 2007 Football club elections.

Then in April 2008, when the next Leagues Club elections are held, you will need to vote those members, which have joined the Football Club board from the rival ticket, to the Leagues Club board.

Four members of the board is a majority, and that is what may be required to review the contract of Denis Fitzgerald, then you have to prove he hasn’t performed in all aspects of his job.

WHAT HAS DENIS DONE?

Now, without doubt, Denis as the highest employee in the PNRLC and the Football Club has to take responsibility for the club’s implosion this year. Player behaviour and results have also been placed at his feet, but there is also some good work that has come out of Denis’ reign as the so called “Emperor of Parramatta”.

Denis was able to secure a loan from Jack Boyle to keep the club solvent in 1988, when no bank would touch us.

Denis has used this foundation to get the club to a point where they are turning over at least $50 million a year in Poker Machine Revenue and holds over $50 million in Assets around the District.

Denis has brought in two other clubs to help combine the revenue of the main club.

Denis has employed strong people to look after the football operations. Greg Mitchell, Tony Zapia, and Previously Brian Smith

CONCLUSIONS

In speaking with club CEO, Denis Fitzgerald, after the game at Penrith, I asked if he was feeling any additional pressure from the past weeks.

He said “Some, but I can handle it”.
To which I replied, “I know you can, but I also know what it will take to get rid of you.”
Denis questioned “Oh yeah, what’s that?”
My simple reply was… “an act of God”.

stiffmeister

Bench
Pushing DF out solves no purpose. He has no say on who we sign etc. He gave that authority to the failure BS. In hindsight the only wrong DF did was to keep Smith on for so long. At least DF treats people with respect, he could have sacked BS earlier.

Forget our failure in the footy field. Df is running a profitable organisation so he is doing his job. Blame BS who fled when the going got tough. He had all resources at his disposal and guess what???. He failed. Facts not fiction

Love me or hate me I give not a crap. People cover the players with warm blankets, take them home to mummy. I'm not blowing my own trumpet. I'm merely removing the splinter from your own eyes.

People hate DF & they can hate me. I really dont give a f**k. I have my own life, a good babe, good career etc. Chew me up all you want. I mean, people hated JEsus so if he was hated then hate me more. Good bye.

The stiff has spoken which is the American right

sooperdooper

First Grade
fitzy is a great administrator. he lands himself into the public eyes by making outlandish comments.... however he knows what he is doing

The Only other Reason to get rid of him, is that the papers may soften their stance on us. Only because Denis has taken Rothfeild, and others to Court and won several times.

CrazyEel

Bench
LOL, don't want to debate it MITS but you neglected to mention a certain persons role in getting us into that mess of 88 in the first place. :sarcasm:

Yeah Crazy the Leagues club got into that sort of a problem. It was a problem even in the Glory years when Fitzy was heard to say "We will never need the Leagues club again"

1988 was the year he took over the leagues club from what I have heard.

CrazyEel

Bench
LOL, no, he was at the leagues club before that, ask him about his "grand plan" and where all our cash reserves went from 80 through to 84. I believe it was N Wran and M Cleary that saved his arse :roll:

Latest posts