What's new
The Front Row Forums

Register a free account today to become a member of the world's largest Rugby League discussion forum! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Fitzy's league Sledge

Stormwarrior82

Juniors
No it doesn't, it means we care about the traditions and continuity of the sport, look at the AFL how things should be done.

No that’s crap. Look at afl and how things are done, spare me the crap. South Melbourne and Fitzroy ring a bell? Masscord doesn’t have a team because he went for Illawarra? Like the thousands of fans that went for those 2 afl teams? They have moved on. Yeah sure, care about tradition and continuity. But there’s always nsw Cup. Theres your bloody tradition if you want that. I support storm first and foremost and am a member and then any team that plays nsw teams. You know the qld comp has a lot of club history that most Sydneycentric folk don’t give a sh!t about. It’s time for people to grow up and stop coming up with reasons to bag the Nrl over club financial mismanagement from decades ago.

LeagueXIII

First Grade
But they still have a team at least, Swans history continued on and have heaps of Melbourne based support. Fitzroy fans follow Brisbane. Clubs like Hawthorn, Melbourne, Footscray, North etc were on deaths door or starring at mergers yet they fought through and are still around today in strong positions. When I said look at AFL I was referring to how the clubs fight for their traditions. Could you imagine Collingwood, Richmond or Essendon supporters and clubs curling up like Balmain and St.George did.
Pathetic really.

I would love to see Brisbane clubs in the top comp but the reality is they never had the resources like the individual Sydney clubs, though it would be great if they were all still around.

2990a7621c68583fa1b440f74bcd6d73

Brutus

Referee
One of Fitzhardon's fave lines to prove his criticism of RL should be taken seriously.

"Oh but I still to this day think that the 1989 rugby league grand final between Balmain and Canberra is one of the greatest games of football I've ever seen of any code."

Looking forward to the next example of this.

Warriors Fever

Juniors
Condom head is on his high horse again, basically rehashing old material about the amount of players that live in their countries. He is such a smug piece of shit. These people don't take into account players who are born in said country have to you know play professionally in England/Aus to make a living. He doesn't mention png in his rant for obvious reasons.

axe&smash&crush

Juniors
Condom head is on his high horse again, basically rehashing old material about the amount of players that live in their countries. He is such a smug piece of shit. These people don't take into account players who are born in said country have to you know play professionally in England/Aus to make a living. He doesn't mention png in his rant for obvious reasons.

Three points

1: Funny he didnt seem to have a problem with the legitimacy of the netball world cup a few years back. Australia v New zealand final again, what a suprise!

2: Wonder what his definition of an Australian aboriginal is? Ive never heard him say that someone isnt Aboriginal because three of their grandparents are anglos etc, yet he doesnt seem to think it is legitimate for someone to have grandparent of another country reason enough for that person to represent that country in a positive way

3: In this day and age where we have 71 genders??? Which i get the feeling he would be supportive of (at least in public), he gets all high ground, my rules not yours in regards to a young man of say, tongan hertiage wanting to represent tonga.

Vozzy

Juniors
He should really look at his own back yard.

- wallabies have a worse Bledisoe record than the blues have atm.

-having more teams in the union world cup doesnt make it better. I remember australia beating namibia 130-0 or something where the captain was also the Namibian cricket captain.

- he always craps on about dirty league players. The only footage they show of him is fist fights.

- back to the wallabies. Their best players are ex league players. Players like Folou, hunt, rona, korobite, nabulli (ex dragons player) are all walk up starts for rep teams after 1 season of super rugby.

Latest posts